Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Day 4 of SBP + DM - need help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  07:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum. Hope you're well.

Yesterday was the fourth day of practice and I felt ecstasy all around my body all day long. The most affected region was the lower abdomen. It felt really great. Anxiety was gone and even washing up was a great pleasure. I was so full of energy that my wife complained about electrical shocks when I touched her.

Nevertheless, I didn't feel tired at night and I didn't fall into deep sleep which is weird for me because I used to sleep very well and deeply 99% of the time. I don't know if has to do with my body not used to feel this constant vibration in my back or if I'm overdoing it.

I woke up today very well and I'm not tired or feeling bad or heaviness in my head like the rare days when I didn't sleep well.

My question is: should I reduce Spinal Breathing Pranayama and/or Deep meditation time because of lack of sleeping even though I didn't feel bad at all? Was this non-deep sleeping a bad sign? I really tried to sleep. I kept moving right/left all night long and I probably fell asleep but not that much.

I'm currently doing 20 minutes of SBP and 40 minutes of DM once in the morning when I wake up and another time in the afternoon.

Thank you.

Edited by - digofarias on Jan 21 2013 07:28:29 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  08:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Digofarias,

It sounds like you are overdoing things a bit. The recommended times in the lessons are to start with 5 mins of spinal breathing and 20 mins deep meditation twice a day. Once you are stable with this (which could take a few weeks or even months) you can extend the spinal breathing time to 10 mins.

See here:

quote:
Begin by doing this spinal breathing practice for five minutes before your regular meditations. We don't get up between pranayama and meditation. Just keep your seat, and begin meditation when your pranayama time is up. Take a minute or so before effortlessly beginning the mantra, just as originally instructed. Once you get comfortable in the routine of doing pranayama and meditation, one after the other, increase the time of pranayama to ten minutes. You will be doing ten minutes of pranayama and twenty minutes of meditation twice each day. Continue with this practice.

http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

Lack of sleep in itself isn't a problem if it doesn't trouble you, but you don't want to be electrocuting your wife!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  08:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi. Very helpful indeed!

So even if you get more advanced you don't do more than 10 minutes of spinal breathing and more than 20 minutes of Deep meditation, right?

Do you think I could let this energy flow slows down a bit for a few days before I start over again with 5/20 minutes of spinal breathing/deep meditation?

Edited by - digofarias on Jan 21 2013 09:00:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  11:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Digofarias,

When you get advanced, you can increase the timings, say to 15 mins SBP and 25 mins Deep meditation, or longer than that even in some cases. But when you are starting out, best to stick with 5 mins SBP plus 20 mins DM.

Yes, certainly you could take a few days off and then start again with 5 mins SBP plus 20 mins DM. That would be the prudent thing to do.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  11:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi. I'll do that!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000