Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Structure of Universe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  01:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Can anyone please tell the structure of Universe from spiritual point of view ? How many grand divisions/regions/worlds of universe are there, their characteristics and detail ?

Also which is the highest region and method to reach there ?

Thanks.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  5:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this website: www.urantia.org

The authors (supposedly higher beings from cosmic dimensions) describe in depth the structure of the universe, which they say is composed of 7 "super universes"--all revolving around a central place...that being the ultimate heaven and dwelling place of the Infinite. Pretty fascinating version of cosmology.
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  08:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are so many enlightened beings here having a great ton of experience in spirituality. Would like to hear experience/views from anyone of you regarding hierarchy of Grand Universe... and upto what level they have been able to approach...

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  11:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sudeep

There are so many enlightened beings here having a great ton of experience in spirituality. Would like to hear experience/views from anyone of you regarding hierarchy of Grand Universe... and upto what level they have been able to approach...

Regards.

Definitely no claim to enlightenment here, but happy to discuss/share my perspective. Also, I would be interested in yours.

Discussing the nature of "existence" is very challenging because it is difficult to find a context as where to start. Perception of existence is integrated into perception of mind.

At an attempt to kick this off...

I would say that there are multiple (infinite?) universes. Additionally, there are multiple Jeff's & Sudeep's playing out the various instances of life. All of this plays out in universal mind/consciousness. Rather than astral levels, it is more like layers of obstructions that "limit" our "field of awareness". As one removes or "let's go" of the obstruction, perception "grows".

If one is "seeing" astral levels, they are by definition "still in the mind". As, seeing is really the translation by the "mind" of light/energy forms that can be felt/known by the "heart".

On your "need a guru" point from the other thread, there are two common places where people seem to get stuck. The first is at the boundary of the perceived local body-mind. People often think that enlightenment is a "quiet mind". The second is the trap of integrated "oneness" with all of existence and siddhis. The "spiritual ego" becomes powerful and the never make it to what I call "primordial awareness". It is raw stuff of being "One with God" and completely outside of time & space.

Comments? Thoughts?

Best, Jeff

p.s. A common definition of terms would be helpful. Also the quotes around words like "heart" are meant to imply the broader definition (and not simply the physical organ. )

p.p.s. The opinions presented here are not necessarily (probably not) the opinions of AYP management...

Edited by - jeff on Jan 15 2013 11:10:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  04:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many human beings with the help of Pranayam / Kundlini Yoga/ Hath Yoga get able to ascend upwards certain initial inner worlds which are full of serenity, light, color and metaphysical bodies. In the process, they also acquire certain sidhies/powers. This is remarkable.

Because they are able to go beyond their physical body thus removing layer of matter, a sense of fulfilment comes. One would think that this is the permanent ultimate place and one would wish to stay there forever. But even those worlds are subject to dissolution.

Another thing, we fail to realise that there are more layers other than physical body. One of the main layer is "Mind". Mind is knotted with soul. Domain of mind is universal mind ('Trikuti' as defined by Sant Mat). Coverage of mind will remove only when one reaches Trikuti. Mind will merge with its origin and what will left is only naked soul. Real journey of Soul starts beyond Trikuti where Soul yearn for its ultimate source.

Below Trikuti, Everything is under control of mind/kaal. Duty of Kaal is to engage all souls into materialism and not let them get free. So Kaal plays all sort of tactics to engage soul into earthly matters. Kaal itself being a manifestation of supreme being is much more powerful than our mind can think. It is almost impossible to escape from Kaal's web without the help of Guru (Which is also a manifestation of supreme being and whose duty is to make 'ready souls' free from the trap of Kaal and from this Grand Game of death and birth).

Therefore, when one starts his journey upwards, he is able to reach somewhere but get trapped in to the play of Kaal. Kaal may appear in any form in front of him; be it a beautiful angel, deity, devtas or even Guru and can misguide the meditator. There lies the importance of Guru, an initiator follows according to the path/procedure told to him by his Guru, With the help of various milestones/indicators told by Guru, one would able to move forward and upwards. There is a point where radiant form of Guru takes us throughout the way.

The entire universe can be divided into following group as per Sant Mat:

1- Pinda : Physical Universe

2- Sahans-dal-kanwal : 1000 petals lotus

3- Trikuti : Home of Mind. (Beyond this level, mind can not go)

4- Daswan Dwar : called as Tenth Door

5- Bhanwar Gupha : Whirling cave, where soul realise oneness with HIM

6- Sach Khand : Home of soul, where supreme being menifest himself to make soul able to merge into him.

7- Alakh Lok : The invisble Region

8- Agam Lok : Inaccessible Region

9- Anami Lok : Nameless Region

Description of all levels upto Sach Khand is available. when asking for Alakh, Agam and Anami lok, Sant or Guru describes those place as which can not at all be describable in words. A real Guru has access to the top region and performs his duty according to Supreme Being's wishes.

It is not possible to provide all details in one go.

These details are not provided by one's thinking fency mind. These information are told by Gurus/Sants having firsthand experience from time to time for thousands of years.

This is called Sant Mat which put stress in performing Surat Shabd Yoga (meditation of light and sound under Guru's initiation) for accessing all these regions and connects to ultimate being.

Regards.

PS - I don’t claim to attain all these. I have not yet got initiated, but I am yearning for it, attending regular satsangs, trying to obtain maximum information from all sources. I am waiting for my Guru to shower blessings to me; only my time is not right it seems. I am posting all these only to get versions of wise people here.

Edited by - Sudeep on Jan 16 2013 06:55:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  08:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sudeep,

Thank you for your post. I am not familiar with the meaning of your "level" definitions ( like 4- Daswan Dwar : called as Tenth Door). If you are interested, maybe you could post further definitions of each level (one at a time) and we could discuss signsposts of each level and how to find the next. That way, we could see if a guru is required.

While I agree that a true guru makes a huge difference, I still believe that God/Tao/existence has provided the tools/clues in existence for our "return" to the natural state.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  12:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be time taking to provide detail of each level/region one by one. But already so much work has been written on Sant Mat.

Enjoy this Journey :) and provide your views again here...

check this, hope you love this

A Voyage of Light and Sound
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  09:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Thanks.

Best wishes on your path.

Edited by - jeff on Jan 17 2013 09:57:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  04:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Jeff,

Any comment/feedback ??

Did you find any similarity to the path ?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  2:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sudeep,

I took a look at the document and found it very interesting. I found it challenging to try to do any direct comparison. While I agree that there are what could be called "levels", the given information did not describe what is "necessary" for each transition. Hence, it is hard to describe why a "guru" would be necessary to ascend any particular step.

I do like the approach of "listening" for the internal "sounds" as I think "full body listening" is a great way of describing what meditation is about. Also, I would argue that at later stages one must move beyond the "concentration" described and grow more to "reside". Finally, I have found there is a direct correlation to the "levels" and the "letting go of" issues/fears/obstructions, which was not really touched upon in the presentation.

What are your thoughts?

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  02:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi Sudeep,

I took a look at the document and found it very interesting. I found it challenging to try to do any direct comparison. While I agree that there are what could be called "levels", the given information did not describe what is "necessary" for each transition. Hence, it is hard to describe why a "guru" would be necessary to ascend any particular step.

I do like the approach of "listening" for the internal "sounds" as I think "full body listening" is a great way of describing what meditation is about. Also, I would argue that at later stages one must move beyond the "concentration" described and grow more to "reside". Finally, I have found there is a direct correlation to the "levels" and the "letting go of" issues/fears/obstructions, which was not really touched upon in the presentation.

What are your thoughts?

Best, Jeff

Jeff,

I appreciate your yearning for the truth. As I find myself too young, too inexperienced on this path, I wish to recommend you one very old book written 1939 on Sant Mat. It is a grand megnum opus which aims to cover whole civiliasation; spirituality behind it, compare all major religions of thw world, need for Guru, describes the path, explains the inner body structure and presents Surat Shabd Yoga of Sant Mat in a scientific way. It was written by Julian Johnson and the name is "The Path of The Masters". I am sure you will find this a very informative book. Here are few reviews:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._The_Masters

http://www.amazon.com/The-Path-Mast...p/1199613274

I have the ecopy but this forum does not allow to attach with post. Do let me know if interested, I will email it.

One thing more... This is no publicity. Get it if you really need it.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  08:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sudeep. I would be very interested in reading it. I will send you my email information.

Thanks again, Jeff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000