Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini: snake ascending, anything descending?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  02:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have always considered kundalini to be an ascending force. The "snake" rises from muladhara through sushumna upwards. So far my one-line description of kundalini

However, through a series of recent experiences, I became aware of second force, though be it a descending one. It comes from outside my body and descends upon me, where it joins with a rising kundalini.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This may help.

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

The metaphorical mythology of kundalini describes a union between Shakti (a name for kundalini in motion) and Shiva (pure bliss consciousness). As you know, Shakti starts out near the base of the spine in the huge storehouse of prana there, i.e., sexual energy. In the mythology, Shiva is located at the top of the head. So the way it is described is Shakti awakens, goes up through all the chakras until she reaches the top of the head, and there she finds union with Shiva who is waiting there for her. He is just hanging out there doing nothing, you know. They make love and nectar overflows downward, enlightening the practitioner. Very romantic, isn't it? Especially for Shiva, who sits up there doing nothing while Shakti fights her way upward (through your nervous system!) to find him.

While it looks great on paper, this scenario does not work very well. In practice, most of the time this approach is a flop because it assumes that Shakti will do all the work, and find Shiva at the crown. She will sure try, and tear up your nervous system in the process. Hence the excessive kundalini symptoms. Things can get so
uncomfortable that practices can't continue, and then it goes into a long slow burn from then on.

The answer to this is to get Shiva off his butt and doing something. He has to get off his lofty perch and "get down" with Shakti wherever she may be in the body, which is everywhere once she is awake and coming up. While their union may finally end up somewhere "up there," Shiva and Shakti must be brought together everywhere in the body first. If this is done, some craziness may still be there, but it will be the craziness of the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti going on in every nerve and cell in the body, rather than the blistering chaos of Shakti's energy alone burning through everything it meets, all of which is in your body. In short, which do you prefer, ecstasy or agony?

This is why spinal breathing is the first recommendation. It directly activates both masculine and feminine energies, and it brings them together in a balanced way. The ascending breath brings Shakti to Shiva, and the descending breath brings Shiva to Shakti. It is a balanced relationship. Then, in union, they go out together to every nerve and cell in the body. With this approach, much more energy can be moved with far less stress to the system. It opens the possibility for much more aggressive spiritual practice than is possible using the Shakti-only approach. And it is a lot of ecstatic fun too.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  08:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The answer to this is to get Shiva off his butt and doing something.

long time favorite sentence from this excellent lesson
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  09:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti for your contribution.

I was not taking the Shakti/Shiva interplay into consideration, because I had the experience that the descending force came from outside the body. I am, perhaps, putting to much emphasis on my intellectual interpretation of the experienced images.
For a few days in a row, I can see a dove coming from "out there" landing on my head and starting to pick the crown. In my morning session of today, this happened while I was leading the snake up the spine :) However, arriving at the head, the snake "ate" the dove and the dove continued "flying" downwards to dissipate at manipura.

But anyway, I think I grasp (one of...) the mystery of the Christ now...
The Son of Man, "born" to aspire to unite with God (=Shakti)
The Son of God, "born" to aspire to unite with Man (=Shiva)
When Man and God unite and transform man into a Messiah, he can say "I AM"

father (man) -----> Son of Man ----> "I AM" <---- Son of God <----- Father (God)

Amen
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  10:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machi,

In the Gnostic Christian tradition, top down is very common. It is often called the "descent of the Holy Spirit". Feeling/seeing a dove would fit very well with that perspective.

Go to Top of Page

Krishna

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  4:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Eventually the inner fires will produce the divine ambrosia which is like water to the fire of kundalini. It also produces a profound bliss and mystical experience, albeit in a different way.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2012 :  06:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machi,

Its the holy ghost or paramachaitainya which decends from the crown chakra..

Love N Light
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2012 :  1:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Krishna

Yes. Eventually the inner fires will produce the divine ambrosia which is like water to the fire of kundalini. It also produces a profound bliss and mystical experience, albeit in a different way.

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  07:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few days after my post, Anahata chakra was awakened. After that, all my "experiences" got a rather "transcendental" character. Especially "the force from above" changes a lot. I have increased my breakfast yoga from 10min to 25min of nauli, without any unpleasant side-effects
The most significant change is the character of my breakfast tummo session, in the union of the Mother and the Father. I can imagine why they love tummo so much

Of the several insights that I've been given since, one of the most practical concerns the Tetragrammaton YHWH. As written in Cosmic Christ (Tau Malachi), Adam Kadmon is created by the image of God. Looking at the Tetragrammaton, it can be "written" inside a human contour, indicating that Adam was created to the image of God (YHWH). After a while, I could "see" this in my-self. A bit later, I saw this inside other people as well. And finally, I "understood" the basic principle of Universal Love and why all people are equal. Because even though some are beautiful and some are ugly, some are fat and others skinny, some are smart and others stupid, and some are criminals and others are saints, and some are born as a result of their bad karma and others because of their good karma, at the level of the Soul, we all are equally created to the image of God, and we all are walking YHWHs. All the rest (that is hanging around the Soul, so to speak) is "accident".

Edited by - machi on Nov 23 2012 08:56:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  09:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Gnosis of a Cosmic Christ" by Tau Malachi is a very good book once you unravel the translation/definition of his terms. His practices are kind of a Christian Dzogchen.

What form of "tummo" do you practice?

Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  10:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went on a 2-day retreat with Tulku Lobsang (http://www.tulkulamalobsang.org/index.php?lang=en). I received empowerment but am bound to secrecy concerning certain practical elements (as part of the empowerment). However, I can say that in the form learned from him, heat has to be generated somewhere below manipura and it has to be lifted up to the heart. This corresponds to the Mother essence, and when liberated in the heart, it results in a beautiful bliss. However, what I found out a few days after my first post in this thread, is that once the Father essence starts to flow in, it has to be brought in union with the Mother essence in the heart.

Mother = bliss, comes from below
Father = emptiness, comes from above
tummo = union of bliss & emptiness

Or in the parlance of Yeshua:

I am the Son of Man (or the Gnostic Bride) (bliss)
I am the Son of God (or the Gnostic Bridegroom) (emptiness)
I am (the marriage of the Bride and Bridegroom, the New Man)
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you find the union to be in the heart? Or, was the union in the crown and then go to "reside" in the heart?

Do you still feel all of the chakras, or does it feel like they have merged?

Finally, have you tried any of the "union" practices (deity yoga) that Tau Malachi describes?

Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  03:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I make that the union happens in the heart. I only stimulate the Mother energy actively. At the moment that I decide it is a good moment to lift her up, I divide my attention between the Mother below and the Father above, and I draw them together in the heart. Once they are merged, I do not "feel" the chakras anymore. There even isn't much of a body left anymore I must add, however, that the "experience" changes on a day-by-day basis. That is to say that I notice on a daily basis how my practice is advancing. A month ago, I could still feel my body when merging the Father and the Mother. Today it was completely gone for who-knows-how-long/short. The only constant in the "experience", is that when the Mother and Father merge, all energies are drawn to a certain point. Before the actual merger, I can feel all of my body parts. During the merging, there is awareness of the merging at the heart. When merged, there is a kind of explosion, to say that awareness expands to a much larger volume (but not in the carnal levels). As my practice evolves, I can remain for longer times in this level of expanded awareness.
An interesting note: when merging the Father and Mother, there is a sublime feeling of orgasmic bliss. Not as intense as a material orgasm, but much longer in duration. The material orgasm indeed is nothing but a reflection of what happens on a spiritual level. Better not waste that orgasm and spend it wisely!

I haven't tried Malachi's deity yoga yet. I'm still reading my first book by him. Slow reading... I'm currently stuck with Tzafkiel And when finished, I'll have to reread it immediately.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  11:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing. Tzafkiel is always a good angel (or primal energy form) to spend time with when looking for insights.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  04:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  12:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machi

I have always considered kundalini to be an ascending force. The "snake" rises from muladhara through sushumna upwards. So far my one-line description of kundalini

However, through a series of recent experiences, I became aware of second force, though be it a descending one. It comes from outside my body and descends upon me, where it joins with a rising kundalini.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Hi Machi,

Yes I am familiar with what you describe. A recent experience for me as well. And a very welcome one. It seems to come from above the crown chakra and is very soothing, stable, calm, cool and serene. As opposed to the burning firey nature of the ascending force, it is like a cool breeze or cool cup of water. It doesn't quench the fire of the ascending force, but rather appears to quiet and settle it.

Metaphorically, the union of these two forces, I believe, is the blissful mating of Shakti (rising) and Shiva (descending).

parvati

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000