New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  2:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
david_obsidian said:
Lies for Bhakti anyone?

P.S. Christi, there are always many things going on and never only one side to any story. I have to say, with regret, that my words above, in this context, are not conducive to civil conversation. Sorry. I have edited them out and replaced them with better words for this forum. I am continually working on my delivery. Enjoy AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  8:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As the spiritual energy increases, there will be more "miracles", more people who can produce them, more discussion over whether they are real or not.

But the real problem will not be whether the miracles are real, but in the hordes of idiots who will follow those people claiming they have some special connection to God!

These people will be distracted by the miracles instead of working on their own practices. They will worship the miracle producers, flaws and all.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 07 2007 9:02:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  10:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
But strong devotion to the truth should I believe be part of any path -- especially in this age.

I couldn't agree more David, including the part about this devotion to truth being severe. I just sometimes find it very hard to identify truth when there is a lot of chatter: rational or otherwise. I increasingly find myself swinging towards the idea that truth is revealed only in stillness. End of chatter. Emergence of truth. Back to deep meditation. Everything else could be little chips of egoistic perceptions flying around.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I would agree that being able to 'go into stillness' is deeply enhancing for our capabilities of discovering the truth, especially if we do enter real stillness. I might stand apart though from some people in the yoga tradition who identify it as the way. I'd be more inclined to say, go into the stillness and for the rest, use all you've got to find what is true and adhere to it.

Probably one of the most important things 'going into the stillness' does is provide us with the foundation which allows us to let the false go. People tend to believe many things only because they feel a 'need' for these things to be true.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 08 2007 11:44:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  03:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, Alan,
The site you've given the link of isn't very informative on the procedure for sun gazing. How do you do it? And after doing it for two months what effects, if any, have you noticed? I think sun gazing is also a tratak. At least Dhanwantri lists it thus.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  11:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sadhak

This link is the actual method on that site:http://www.solarhealing.com/sgprocess.htm

I only practiced for a couple of months about a year ago and then stopped. So I am sorry that I can't give you an evaluation of any effects of the practice.

Blessings,
Alan
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  3:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a great practice and can be done with eyes closed too. To be safe, I'd focus only around the time of sunrise and sunset. HRM doesn't dig it, but moongazing esp on full moon nights is nice too. And of course, there's stargazing but that's too subtle for me.

The problem with eating extremely little is that it is too ungrounding to do that and to engage in cultivation practices and hold down a job at the same time. I doubt anyone can do it.

I agree with Bewell... sungazing and fasting would be a fun drill to do before/while transitioning out of the physical.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  8:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sadhak wrote:
"I just sometimes find it very hard to identify truth when there is a lot of chatter: rational or otherwise. I increasingly find myself swinging towards the idea that truth is revealed only in stillness."

I agree, and that stillness can imbue our everyday lives also, so the truth can come out as a normal occurrance. What I think helps is to listen to different viewpoints, on both sides of arguments, but don't come to any conclusions or judgements. Just watch where it is going without trying to guess where the end is, because often there is no end.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David
quote:
david_obsidian said:
Lies for Bhakti anyone?

P.S. Christi, there are always many things going on and never only one side to any story. I have to say, with regret, that my words above, in this context, are not conducive to civil conversation. Sorry. I have edited them out and replaced them with better words for this forum. I am continually working on my delivery.

I am glad you edited that, it did seem a bit unnecessarily judgemental. And I am glad you are working on your delivery.

quote:
Enjoy AYP.

I do, more than words can say.

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  10:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it did seem a bit unnecessarily judgemental.

I don't quite agree actually -- just not easy for some people to take. Not good words for this discussion. Inflammatory, in the context (among those who are sensitive). But not because they are particularly judgmental or anything.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 13 2007 12:06:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bluejett,

Try sungazing through the thick cloud cover... digestion of the raw energy is a huge issue in sungazing and sungazing through clouds or closed eyes minimizes this problem. You lose some of the physical vibe of the practice but can still pick up on the spiritual dimensions.

Note: sungazing through thin clouds when the clouds look bright could lead to eye damage. Whenever the sun feels too bright to invite a natural desire to gaze upon it, then look away or keep the eyelids closed.

Yoda
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My third eye turns toward the sun whenever possible now. I do not stare with open eyes, feels like no need, my third eye is picking up the energies. Sometimes one of my arms raise and my palm is turned toward the sun, taking energy in (getting very hot) and the other hand is placed by the heart chakra, and information is flowing through me between the palms. If I surrender then, I become slow motion eruptions of the sun. Hard to describe - probably sounds like an LSD experience, but I become and am the immense sun power. The sun is inside me and eruptions go off in slow motion through my whole being. At the moment I can make no sense of it. I just stay with that until it gets too strong.
Go to Top of Page

thomas

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Note: Common guidelines for sun-gazing safety principles regarding the time of day, UV Index, duration, etc. given by other sources referred to in this chat topic forum also apply to what I share below. Please always be SAFE and protect your vision.

I learned to use a 'soft' gaze where one does not look directly at the sun but actually a little bit under it ... almost as if one were looking at it with the third eye (mid-eye brow point) with the physical eyes softly looking a little under the sun. When this is done properly, the sun will appear to spin and rotate back and forth, first clockwise then counterclockwise often with a circular black outline around its perimeter as this occurs. It is much less harsh on the physical eyes as one is not looking directly at the sun but a tad below it. Energy wise the soft gaze adds a plus factor to the intake and assimilation of the solar energy. When the sun is very bright, if it is still bothersome, one can combine this with blinking the eyes.

Looking at the sun is a very Yang exercise. Moon gazing in the evening is a good Yin exercise which can be used to help balance this.

One final addition after practice is complete is to either go into a dark room or simply turn away from the sun and close one's eyes. From the sun-light stimulation, a variety of colors will appear on your closed eye-lids, changing colors and patterns. Again with a non-trying soft-gaze, simply 'enjoy' the colors and changing patterns without attempting to do anything. This can last for 5-10 minutes and seems to soothe the nervous system assisting and helping with the assimilation and balancing of the energies and changes that occurred during the actual sun-gazing practice.

I have found it is best NOT to do these kind of practices 'prior' to an AYP practice session. Best at another time or at least 'after' some time has elapsed following the completion of one's AYP practice. Alot of energy and changes become activated within the energy system including the stimulation of the solar plexus from the solar energy.

For me this is now just an occasional auxiliary practice not primary. Simply stated, inner silence, being, the awakening spiritual heart, gratitude and surrender are providing the most important keys to living and sharing a happy life. Most certainly, this understanding and realization is developing and maturing over time. As inner silence grows and one's heart opens with an ever-deepening connection to our most beloved Source, the blessings and working of the direct Love and Light of beautiful Source far exceed the benefit-effects derived from working with any intermediate conduit-transformer whether it be the sun or anything else. Just like a good diet is important in nourishing the physical body, one can utilize sun-gazing, grounding with the earth and practices like this for balance and improved health, physical and otherwise. However, for me, the primary will always be Source and Source's direct and most complete Love for all of us.

Thomas

Edited by - thomas on Oct 21 2007 7:40:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  10:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC
quote:
My third eye turns toward the sun whenever possible now. I do not stare with open eyes, feels like no need, my third eye is picking up the energies. Sometimes one of my arms raise and my palm is turned toward the sun, taking energy in (getting very hot) and the other hand is placed by the heart chakra, and information is flowing through me between the palms. If I surrender then, I become slow motion eruptions of the sun. Hard to describe - probably sounds like an LSD experience, but I become and am the immense sun power. The sun is inside me and eruptions go off in slow motion through my whole being. At the moment I can make no sense of it. I just stay with that until it gets too strong.

I am beginning to wonder if you are not an incarnation of the Goddess herself. Beautiful experience... and very purifying I'm sure .
When the Whirling Dervishes whirl, they also raise one hand. They channel divine energy in through the palm of their raised hand, let it flow around their heart, and then let it flow out of the other palm and into the earth.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An amazing thing happened two days ago. I was pretty high on energies and went out for a long walk for self-pacing. Then body stopped and turned towards the sunset, but now the third eye didn't search the sun. Neither did the higher chakra on the forehead - the whole head bent down and I had this energy flowing to the whole crown, which was opening in a peculiar way.

Lately there has been some encounters with the old mayan culture - I've seen films about them etc etc, and suddenly I understood a lot more about their sun worship and why they had their rituals. It was really like bowing to the sun to receive it's grace...

There are some strange times now for me... lots of things happening very quickly again...

Christi, funny you mentioned the dervish dance here... I found myself one day doing that whirling with one palm up and one palm down... It just came, whirled and was gone... Very beautiful!

Edited by - emc on Jul 01 2008 12:07:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000