Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Curious Mantra Drift this Morning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gunny

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the middle of my morning session I suddenly realized that I was no longer repeating I AM and instead, some time prior, had unconsciously shifted to a different mantra - TROUBLE (pronounced in two syllables like truh-bool). Of course my first though was, what's the meaning of this? After entertaining the question for about five seconds I followed the perennial Yogani instruction of disregarding the scenery and gently favoring I AM. The problem was, I AM no longer had any traction. It was as if bliss consciousness had expelled I AM and was demanding something different. Eventually I stopped fighting and just let TROUBLE be the mantra. Almost immediately I drifted back in to bliss consciousness and the meditation proceeded entirely uneventfully for the rest of the session.

I've experimented with different mantras in the past but it was always on the level of the conscious mind. This was different. This happened while deep in meditation. I have no recollection of when it started or how I got their. I only realized it had happened sometime after the fact.

Anyway I'm not too concerned about it except for some curiosity as to whether anyone else had experienced something similar or if anyone has any specific knowledge of the word TROUBLE as a mantra.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000