Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 In and Out of Consciousness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  01:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

For the last week or so, I have been practising the Spinal breathing. Yesterday, for the first time, I extended it to the 10mins. And then this morning, in my morning practise, I included the "ujayyai breathing" as instructed by Yogani in the lessons

In my meditation session today, after the Spinal breathing,I was having dreams in my meditation, but was awake, not sleeping.
When I realized I was dreaming the dream would become hazy and vanish from my consciousness. I had a few dreams within my meditation.

Also, My head would drop down, as if about to fall asleep, but I never actually did fall asleep. As soon as I felt my head collapse/drop down, I would straighten up.

What is the dreams within meditation?

Since incorporating the spinal breathing, my meditation has been on a much deeper level.

Although I still find, that sometimes, I cannot inhale any more air, and I have only got partial way up the spine. is this normal and what can I do to rectify?

Blessings,

Sparkling

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  06:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The dreams are just scenery. They are very strong during early meditation and can be very distracting. I almost stopped meditating because I seemed to be spending a lot of unproductive time in these experiences. Just remember that anytime you notice you are off the mantra, go gently back to the mantra. In times the scenery will stop bothering you.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  07:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl

Well, thats the thing. I am not new to meditation. I have practised (although not every single day) for twenty years now.

The thing that bothers me the most, is not being able to reach the crown sufficiently with my Spinal breathing. I am half way up the spine, and I run out of air (on the inhale) can't inhale anymore.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  07:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember today, a woman in my meditation dream speaking to me. But when i tried to recall it during my meditation, when I suddenly realized I was dreaming, it completely vanished, and very quickly.

I know dreams can be important, and sometimes be messages, but thinking that maybe this is just stress releasing from the nervous system via these dreams I had today???

Nevertheless, enjoying the deeper meditations, which it seems the SB has brought back to me.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  7:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you getting enough sleep? I wouldn't pay too much attention, this will pass just like other scenery
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  03:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thks victor. not enough sleep at all.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  12:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds all fine :)

SBP will loosen more dreams that you may encounter. There is no difference between dreams and thoughts except in density and structure, so as karl said, come back to he mantra again and again and they will get fewer and fewer and the sun will shine forth more and more.

Happy practicing :)
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Holy!!

Definitely a huge increase in recall of my dreams since starting back into my meditation!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000