Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Is grounding the same as earthing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Below are major points from an article about the study of "earthing" for your health, which consists of touching the earth, and is an electrical term used in the UK that is equivalent to the electrical term "grounding" used in the US.

My guess is that spiritual "grounding" is the same thing, plus some kind of spiritual energy (maybe prana?) is closely connected to the electrical energy. Anyone have anything to add or dispute this guess???
----------

When walking on the earth barefoot, free electrons from the earth transfer into your body via the soles of your feet. These free electrons are some of the most potent antioxidants known to man.

Lack of grounding, due to widespread use of rubber or plastic-soled shoes, may have contributed to the rise of modern diseases by allowing chronic inflammation to proliferate unchecked.

Experiments have shown that free electrons from the earth cause beneficial changes in heart rate, decreases inflammation, reduces pain, promotes healthy sleep, and thins your blood, making it less viscous, which has beneficial impact on cardiovascular disease.

Ideal locations for earthing are on the beach, close to or in the water, and on dewy grass.

----------------------------

If they require you to join the email list to see this article, it is safe, free, and easy to stop.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...29_SNL_Art_1

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  11:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't dispute it. Got to say I do like to walk barefoot. In a previous life I used to run 3 miles per day barefoot in a town.

It's an interesting concept, almost like our bodies are a piece of mechanical and electrical engineering that were designed to be connected to the planet without insulation. If it was good enough for our ancestors it would have been inconceivable that we would want to insulate them with rubber, that might interfere with the design.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Karl;
"In a previous life I used to run 3 miles per day barefoot"
Did you say 'miles' for easier understanding on this western side of the puddle? Or maybe your previous life was here?

Anyway; it sounds very grounding. I used to walk barefoot at the beach- I miss that. Some people ran, but it's incredibly hard to run in dry sand.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  2:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

thanks Karl;
"In a previous life I used to run 3 miles per day barefoot"
Did you say 'miles' for easier understanding on this western side of the puddle? Or maybe your previous life was here?

Anyway; it sounds very grounding. I used to walk barefoot at the beach- I miss that. Some people ran, but it's incredibly hard to run in dry sand.

No, we still work in miles in the UK despite attempts to turn us metric we have hung onto some things. Even inches exist in a parallelt world with millimetres, yards with metres, pints with litres. Pounds and ounces have slowly declined, but even then most people still at weigh themselves in stones and pounds even if we are forced to buy Kilos of apples. Pubs still sell pints of beer and milk stays resolutely in pints deite the measurement being in litres.

We cleanly moved engineering measurements into millimetres, but most other measurements are often still imperial ( imperial.....there is history ). We don't do the awful USA version of metric inches which is a blessing.

Eddy Mercx used to cycle up sand dunes to build his stamina and strength. That makes running on dry sand look relatively easy.

Edited by - karl on Apr 29 2012 2:24:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  10:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don"t think I could cycle on LEVEL sand. He must have had fat tires.

Thanks Karl; very interesting. I don't know what a metric inch is though.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  04:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a thread on ayp called "forgotten chackras". There are chackras in your feet that release negative energy for the earth to convert it.

David Wolfe (health guru) is a big fan of earthing. He's got some videos on youtube about it.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  05:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

i don"t think I could cycle on LEVEL sand. He must have had fat tires.

Thanks Karl; very interesting. I don't know what a metric inch is though.

No, he did it on ordinary road tyres. He just had incredibly fat leg muscles.

Metric inch measured in thousands of an inch. As in 0.01 inches. Which would be 10/1000 of an inch. We used it in the UK for a long time.

Talking of all this earthing, I was out walking yesterday and we did a few hundred feet of scrambling on nice, solid rock where the hand holds we're suitably massive. I began to notice that there is an interaction between the rock and the hands. It's at a very subtle level, a feeling of intense joy as the rock touches the hands. I wonder if this is earthing in practice ?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  11:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess i have used the metric inch and didn't know it. It isn't used in my profession tho.

Really large rocks are electrically connected to the earth, so well grounded. So if that is true about free electrons travelling into us from the ground (it's good- acting as antioxydants), they would easily be able to travel through stone. I imagine some really dry sandstone in the desert might not conduct well, but everything I have encountered, whether large rocks or concrete is always electrically grounded. And trees are too; tree hugging! Your rock interacting sounds like fun.
Does it ever feel like there's a spirit there?
Digging in my back yard I get glimpses sometimes. Something ancient that I like. Usually it scares me then it's gone, but once I smelled it. It was a wonderful smell like from long ago, and like air that had blown between the roots of a tree.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  03:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't say it was spirits, just a feeling of connection, like the Sun was shining inside the body. The lake District was an area of volcanic activity and so the rock tends to be slate and other cooked rock. It's very wet, hence it's name.

What I have noticed is that certain places have a spiritual feel Bryce Canyon particularly is incredibly serene and peaceful, but it's often just an area I'm travelling through, universally it is a valley or canyon.

Mountain tops and the edge of oceans have a different feel, high energy, like being intoxicated. Valleys are grounded. Lakes are weirder, they seem to have a melancholy feel to them but only if they are fresh water.

There is something peculiar about water. I think that's where so many legends of things living near water and water spirits come from.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000