Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 painting - silence deepens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  02:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My painting ... inspired from an wall paper I saw on the net ...

http://show27.deviantart.com/art/Si...ns-275699208

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  06:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very nice....the reflection idea is very good....
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  07:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ...
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  11:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful. i am guessing the ripples are the mind stuff due to which we get a distorted view of the reality.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  11:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey but dont explain. as a picture it can be anything but once you add a description to it, it will be just that :)
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  01:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

once you add a description to it, it will be just that :)

I fully agree. I also have not considered any fixed description in my mind.

Glad that you liked it ...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  9:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swan,
That is a very very beautiful painting.
Love the way you have used the colors, truly from silence.

Thank you for sharing that with us.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  03:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti ...

May be it is from the silence. I saw the photograph and felt charged for painting after years, and felt relieved after finishing this.

Love ...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  03:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you paint regularly? Do you have your art on any website? Would love to see them.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  04:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No

In fact this is my first in last ten years or so. I think I can take this as a new year resolution. It feels so good...

edit: actually the way I am living is not highly encouraging for this pursuit. My fault that I need to be very relaxed in a supportive environment to concentrate on painting. I hope rise of silence will make me less dependent on surrounding and help me to do it 'now', and on the other hand I am expecting change in environment also sometime next mid year. I really hope to brush up again.

Love ...

Edited by - Swan on Dec 28 2011 04:16:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  08:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool that the first painting you did after 10 years is so beautiful.
Look forward to more from you in June/July.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  09:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

love ...
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I posted my latest painting here in the below link. I tried to reflect couple of physical feelings I experienced recently through my journey. One is the region from third eye to chin is strongly pulled towards the spine. Another was I am like a plant rooted at the root chakra, and my hands, legs are offshoot of my being.

Shanti, you inspired the painting. Thank you so much!!!!

http://show27.deviantart.com/art/un...ed-289737520

Love
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  10:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is amazing, Swan.
Love the way you have used the colors and love your choice of colors as well. And the idea behind that painting is really good.

Very good job.

I hope you do keep painting and sharing with us.

Thanks.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  1:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is really beautiful Swan
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  12:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you so much dear Shanti and Maheswari. I am really glad that you liked it
Go to Top of Page

bmagnum

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  8:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful! your painting indeed speaks a thousand words!

I really appreciate how painting is able to project how you feel to those who can see it by just merely looking at it. It is one of the greatest forms of self expression that one can make without having to use words. You don't have to be a great painter to be able to paint your feelings your just really have to be yourself and put your emotions out there.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dear all ... hope you are doing great..

Here is one painting i recently worked on and felt like sharing with you. The inspiration came suddenly from nowhere, and after a day i found it as done. There is not much I remember that I TRIED to do with this, or WANTED to do - but it is more like it just happened and i witnessed

http://show27.deviantart.com/art/Be...er-327474661

love ...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  2:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!!!
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  08:30:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Here is one painting I have worked on recently, where I tried to symbolize the awesome open and layered feeling I noticed on my forehead/ajna. It was back in March/April last year, and since then it was in my mind.

Feels good to release it

http://show27.deviantart.com/#/d5qmy5g

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  08:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is beautiful, Swan!!!
Love the colors and the dark sky with stars as the background!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  12:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful work swan!!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful works Swan!!

Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  12:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000