AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Atmananda (Krishna Menon) Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  01:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For those who love Atmananda, just stumbled into this link on facebook:

quote:
The following PDF files are provided for educational purposes. I have downloaded them from various sources on the internet and in these uncertain times it seems wise to make them available on a multitude of sites. I would encourage anyone who feels that they are enriched by the books to purchase hard-copies if they exist. Many of them are available from Amazon.com.

http://o-meditation.com/about-this-...ishna-menon/

Love,
Ananda

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  01:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  1:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ty Ananda!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  10:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Ananda for the link!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  11:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome my friends and happy new years
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  1:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, for those of us who love Krishna Menon's teachings, please see http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourse...mananda1.htm and associated pages.

Incidentally, there it is stated that Sri Atmananda insisted that a living teacher is necessary!

I still haven't re-read Atma Darshan and Atma Nirvriti to see if this is stated there also!

A couple of caveats for those wanting to study these two scriptures:-

The links above are for a condensed version of the publication that I have myself and the preface, a glossary and three essays are missing. The preface is particularly important for making sense of these works because some of the verses are (apparently) contradictory and the preface discusses this (and a few other things) in some detail. There are various prakriyas (methods/approaches) advocated by Sri Atmananda and it is only necessary to follow one prakriya. If you try to follow them all, it can lead to confusion (non-relational self-inquiry presumably). I've come across statements that the living teacher's skill is to select the appropriate prakriya for the disciple.

Also, very importantly, I understand that Sri Atmananda's heirs and sucessors, who own the copyright, are very unhappy about the spread of these books over the internet and regularly search for links to "pirate" copies. Both Greg Goode and Chris Hebbard (of StillnessSpeaks.com) were asked to stop distributing the full version pdf of these works by representatives of the estate some time ago. I therefore think that it's unlikely that the link above will function indefinitely.

From my perspective, I'm deeply saddened that this means that the light of Sri Atmananda seems to be fading from the world and I'd welcome discussion about his writings, as I see myself as one of his students wanting to explore his teachings more deeply with others who share a love of his approach.

For those interested in the Direct Path of Krishna Menon, I'd heartily recommend the two-DVD set by Greg Goode and Greg's other writings and the 10 free videos that you can find on his site which give a good sense of this approach.

Here also is a link to a recent interview with Greg, which raises some interesting issues: -

http://www.nondualitymagazine.org/n...nterview.htm

Greg is very generous with his time and knowledge and you can correspond with him diretly by email.

I'd probably best add that I personally don't agree that deep sleep and nirvikalpa samadhi are the same thing (although I've not discussed this with Greg) and my own path has involved a return to meditation (now AYP-style) after a considerable break in the practice and a long interlude on the non-duality circuit (which I'm certainly not knocking, as it was incredibly valuable). I also certainly agree with Yogani's view that most of us need to do a bit of construction work on the road to L.A. . It's the clearest explanation I've ever come across and I really like his take on self-inquiry.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  3:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All is good my brother

If you want a copy of Atmanandopanishat, just send me your mailing address by email and I'll send it in air mail...

By the way, the link you shared is by Ananda Wood who is still alive and whom you can contact by email also...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

All is good my brother

I'm glad . Peace be with you also.

quote:
If you want a copy of Atmanandopanishat, just send me your mailing address by email and I'll send it in air mail...

Thank you. It's very kind of you to offer. I'm fortunate in having been given a copy by another friend. Before that I had to go to the British Library in London to read it!!

quote:
By the way, the link you shared is by Ananda Wood who is still alive and whom you can contact by email also...

I've thrown all my resources into reading all Yogani's writings including his archived postings and researcing other forum postings, as well as re-establishing my own meditation/practice (which is now AYP-based) and I see no reason to go elsewhere.

I think it's time to build a few bridges and lay a bit of tarmac!!

With Love

gatito
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  05:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All is good
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000