Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini and Christ consciousness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  4:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I grew up a Christian and raised kundalini when praying / meditating without knowing anything about kundalini. Eventually I learned about Yoga and briefly about kundalini. Later I leaned kundalini meditation from a book called Kundalini Awakening by John Selby.

One question I wonder about is this: How are Christ consciousness and kundalini related?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:22:07 PM

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  7:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of quotes that may help...

John 14:16-17
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

John 7:37-38
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

In Christian terms, Kundalini can be thought of as the "power" of the Holy Spirit.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  7:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The relationship is like this:

When energy is concentrated and intensified and flows through the central channel into your head and third eye region then the flower of the third eye blossoms and together with that awareness expands endlessly to christ consciousness.

So Kundalini is like the fuel and at the same time she is christ consiousness herself, the vibrating element of being. Oneness with vibration let you see the one that is untouched and always, that what vibration itself is made of --> the daddy. In that means, christ consiousness brings you to father-consiousness.

"May thine eye be single..."
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  7:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Jeff. Yes that does help. Which translation of the Bible did you quote those verses from?

When I raised kundalini, I was meditating on Jesus and praying in the Holy Spirit. So what you explained makes sense.

I guess the hardest part for me to put together is the separateness between my Christian Protestant upbringing being so different from Yoga and Kundalini -- and yet both have come to me and have been important in my development.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  8:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Holy; that explains it well and helps me understand. I have experienced some of this; I have raised the kundalini from root to crown and have for a long time been working on unifying all the chakras in love through purifying myself.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  9:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Godslave

I guess the hardest part for me to put together is the separateness between my Christian Protestant upbringing being so different from Yoga and Kundalini -- and yet both have come to me and have been important in my development.

Hi GS,

Welcome to the AYP Support Forum.

I am with you: Christian Protestant upbringing, Yoga and Kundalini practice. Yogani, as seen through his work of fiction, Secrets of Wilder, had those influences too. Before I came here to AYP forum, I enjoyed e-conversation with a man who worked with Kundalini rising from his own Roman Catholic background. Check out his book and particularly the forward (by Thomas Keating) that introduces his book here:
http://shalomplace.com/view/kundali...tml#foreword

I do not think there is any one simple answer to your question, our question.

We are on a journey,

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Aug 09 2011 9:09:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  1:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bewell, thanks for your reply. It is good to know that other Christians have experienced kundalini too, before learning about it. I took a look at that link and it looks very interesting so far.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  6:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Godslave,

The verses are from the King James version of the bible. The translations are a little more direct than more modern versions of the bible. I also grew up Protestant (Lutheran). For me, the key is actually reading the words and not getting caught up in what I was "institutionally" taught.

Another verse you might find useful...

John 1:12-13
 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

To me, this reads as...

To anyone who listened and paid attention, he taught them the path of enlightenment. Which is not just from being born or from the ego, but with a little help from God.

Peace & Love.

Edited by - jeff on Aug 10 2011 10:16:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll put a King James Bible on my list of books to collect/read... I have read it briefly a long time ago but am not familiar with it. I'm familiar with needing to pay attention to the actual words as they are written and to disregard all the add-ons that I have heard or been taught about the words by the environment I grew up in.

Thanks for the verse and your explanation -- that lights me up as I read it and confirms my thoughts on that verse from years ago.

I have my heart open and I am connected constantly and continually to the presence there which came as a result of me asking Christ into my heart and eventually learning to love God, myself, and others.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  3:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My recommendation is that you start with the Gospels. It is easier to see the parallels with Jesus's quotes. There is also quite a lot of good Gnostic Christian material available (and many interesting past discussions on this forum). You may want to take a look at the following forum...

http://www.sophian.org/forum/

quote:

I have my heart open and I am connected constantly and continually to the presence there which came as a result of me asking Christ into my heart and eventually learning to love God, myself, and others.

Definitely sounds like a good place to be...
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jeff, I found that the King James version is in public domain and is available for pdf download, for example at: http://www.gasl.org/refbib/Bible_Ki..._Version.pdf

Also, the Gnostic Christian material you linked me to looks very interesting, thanks!

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  10:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another good site for an online bible is: http://www.biblegateway.com/. Over a hundred versions that you can compare and contrast the versions.

There is some good stuff in the Gnostic Christian forum, but to me it is a little more "dualistic" than what Jesus said in the bible.

Have fun...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  12:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Godslave,
I note that you listed "Christ consciousness" under your "hobbies" - really? Sounds like more than a "hobby" to me.

I just want to let you know that you are not alone in your situation and unfortunately there is not much support within the mainstream Christian community with regard to yoga and kundalini experiences in particular. The Episcopal Church, of which I am a member, is very open-minded about such things, and catholicism has some yogis. The Franciscan monks and nuns in Assisi practice Kriya yoga. In general, though, I have found that mainstream Christianity, especially here in the "bible belt" is suspicious, if not downright hostile, towards yoga. See my blog: "Is Yoga Unchristian?" http://blog.lothlorienyoga.com/2011...ristian.aspx

I'm so glad you are continuing in your yoga practice and your love for the Lord!

My teacher says that yoga is our "direct intimacy with the Divine" and is the "practicum" through which the ideals of the religious life may be realized. Sounds like that is exactly what you are doing!

I agree with all the people who replied, above, and I would have quoted the same verses.

You might enjoy my website: http://www.francisandclareyoga.com/

May the beloved Lord keep you always close to Him.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  3:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JamieRadha,

Thanks for the reply ... yes, "Christ consciousness" is a "hobby" of mine in so far as I do it for myself primarily and others only indirectly. It's almost more of a personal crusade for development of my self/being than just a "hobby" as they are normally perceived. But it's for myself and doesn't earn money :)

Thanks for the links and encouragement. It's very good to know that I'm not alone in my situation. My Yoga practice has literally saved my life in the past and continues to enhance my life and I know it is permanent in my life, though it does change over time.

As for intimacy with the divine, yes that is exactly what my experience with Yoga is. In my spiritual walk with God I experienced the Holy Spirit in prayer, meditation, and everyday life and I raised Kundalini without ever knowing what it was. I had my own words and/or language for what I was experiencing, and a personal journal of the experiences, thoughts, emotions, responses, ideas, etc that I went through at the time. A couple of years later as I continued to wrestle with the Kundalini experiences and my own personal/ego desires and choices, I found a 25-cent book in a garage sale. It was Yoga for You by Indra Devi. I was fascinated by the cover image and the promise of being able to renew my life through Yoga. I read the book and began doing the Yoga postures and exercises - Hatha Yoga. In that book the Kundalini was described very briefly, with a warning saying that raising Kundalini is difficult and impossible in Western cultural situations. I was amazed to consider that the raising of Kundalini was what I had done on my own when praying to Christ, in the Holy Spirit. That was approximately 9 years ago now and I have been developing continually ever since. It has been an amazing journey.

Here are some other books which helped me a lot in my journey with the Kundalini:

Kundalini Awakening by John Selby.
Inifinite Self by Stuart Wilde
The Tao by Lao-Tzu
The Sickness Unto Death by Soren Kierkegaard

Edited by - Godslave on Aug 19 2011 4:00:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  01:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Godslave,
Oh, I see. I was thinking of "hobby" in a different way like, stuff one does for entertainment. Which is not to say Christ is not entertaining, because He certainly is! LOL!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I love hearing stories like this. Isn't it totally cool that you found that book for 25 cents at the garage sale, like obviously it was put there for you to find?!

God bless you, bro, and wishing you all the best in your ongoing walk with the Lord. Much Love,
Jamie "Radha"
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting ideas,

i would recommend Yogananda Paramahansas books:

The second coming of Christ; the Resurrection of Christ within you.

He has written to hefty tomes with direct quotes and interpretations according to his level of realisation (people say he achieved enlightenment)

Christ Consciousness is the energy of Christ himself, who raised it to dizzying heights.

Yoga teaches one to raise our own consciousness.

There is such a thing as buddha consciousness too.

From my own experience kundalini isn't Christ consciousness
as it has no awareness, it is in it's most pure form desire for enlightenment.

as it rises through the chakras it is purified.

when kundalini energy meets with shiva at the crown there is a surge of energy moving downwards which balances the desire with dispassionate awareness (the masculine form)

when this happens great peace is achieved.

peace characterizes my personal experience of Christ the ability simply with his presence (deep peace and forgiveness)

to pacify and to spread this peace across boundaries.

his love is one of the sweetest,

it's all about raising the serpent in the desert.

to achieve Joseph consciousness in my case,

or who ever you are consciousness.

if you chose Christ as your guru and truly have him in your heart you are practically immortal (My life has been saved a few times by Christ)

try the MARANATHA mantra.

peace

Joe

Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  8:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A fellow Christian ^^

Food for thought,

Read Genesis again in this context, replace the following words.

7 Days of creation = 7 Chakras
Adam = Shiva/Pingala
Eve = Shakti/Ida
Snake = Shusuma
Fruits in Eden = Chakras or Major Endoctrine Glands
Forbidden Fruit = Third eye or Pineal Gland.

Noahs Ark = Penis (White Dove to find dry land a.k.a sperm)
Great Flood = Ejaculation.
Animals in the Ark (Possible Reference to the chromosones? They come in pairs just like the chromosones and the pure animals come in seven, a reference to chromosone 7 which is the largest and most important and has to remain pure to avoid major mutation.)

Genesis was originaly meant to be interpreted as symbolism for the human body, it has been severely misinterpreted.

There a lot of golden nuggets hidden in the Bible.

Did you know the bible accurately predicted the maximun age of a human being (120 years due to Hayflicks cell reproduction limit) during a time when noone ever lived that long?

You can read the Bible a million times and always find something new or a new way to perceive it.

Om Mani Padmay Hum

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Godslave,

Here is a link you may find interesting.

www.sol.com.au/kor/8_01.htm " Christ and the Kundalini."

love and light,
nirmal

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  06:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Godslave,

Here's another link you may like(better one to me):

http://www.luthar.com/the-gospel-of...chael-bowes/

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  09:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your positive and encouraging replies :) I haven't read here for a while but it's good to visit again!
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  08:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses.html

This is another site which always captures my attention as it explains the same phonemon from gnostic level,budhhist,kabbalah,hindusim ie from from all the aspects..

Love N Light
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  11:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks, Jeff. Yes that does help. Which translation of the Bible did you quote those verses from?

When I raised kundalini, I was meditating on Jesus and praying in the Holy Spirit. So what you explained makes sense.

The differences between christian belief systems are staggering: I think that the differences between them (if christians should know what they all are) would drive most of them to call themselves something else (not just denominations but particular beliefs).

in the church i grew up in, the doctrine of the trinity (holy ghost, father, son) was taught every sunday in some way or other. but who was the holy ghost? just some dude: the personification of the spirit of God.

do humans have a spirit? frequently, christians are taught to 'yield' their spirit to God. how do they do that? they don't know, but it is very important.

other traditions teach that humans don't have a spirit (since the fall of man in the garden of eden); that we are born as intrinsically sinful; and we can only commune with "the spirit" during times of repentance.

modern baptist churches frequently preach that all humans who are saved by accepting jesus, automatically receive the blessings of the holy spirit (which does one thing ONLY: in this tradition, the holy spirit helps christians understand the deeper meaning of the parables in the bible). in this tradition, meditation, spirituality, anything non-biblical (either meaning it contradicts the bible or it isn't explicitly listed) must be witchcraft, occultic, demonic or delusional...

...which brings us to modern times wherein all people are curious about religion or/and spirituality, however, being curious is not enough to form a judgement.

fearful of falling into sin, many christians refuse to consider that there is more to life than work, food, sleep, dressing up and bible study. if they open their mind, they might sin. if they open their heart, they might sin. if they seek the spirit, they might commune with demons and therefore sin. anyone living in fear deserves our compassion (for their suffering) but not our ear (they can never be our teacher in that state of suffering) whether they are christian or otherwise.

i hope that helps.

ps-there are many other beliefs out there, such as snake handling, speaking in tongues (both via the spirit), etc. but we must not let other people assemble our worldview. i assemble mine, you assemble yours, they assemble theirs.

peace.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  2:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Namaste,

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses.html

This is another site which always captures my attention as it explains the same phonemon from gnostic level,budhhist,kabbalah,hindusim ie from from all the aspects..

Love N Light

Thanks for the link, vijikr :)
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response, FutureHumanDestiny, it is very interesting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000