AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 doing nothing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  02:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
for many months now most of the time i feel i am not doing anything..i am being done...jobs tasks are done,money is coming,money is spent,hatha yoga classes are given,somehow i reach a place where i am supposed to be present now it is the time to reach another place where i am supposed to be present,the laundry is being done,the dishes are done,.....everything is being done for me and it is so easy...so simple...i am really playing all the time....i am buisy but i am playing...it is a paradox but not really a paradox...i cant really understand for instance my friends and family who keep on telling me that life is so hard...that they do not have enough time....that everyhting is wrong ..that everything should be better.....i really can not relate to that anymore ( off course i used to relate to that big time )....life is so good the way it is...it is la Dolce Vita ..

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  08:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  1:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just stumbled upon this quote
"As for us, He has appointed the job of permanent unemployment. If he wanted us to work, after all, He would not have created this wine. With a skinfull of this, Sir, would you rush out to commit economics?" ~ Jalaluddin Rumi
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  2:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and i was flipping through the Gita
"I do nothing at all" thus would the harmonized knower of Truth think-seeing,eating,touching,smelling,going,sleeping,breathing" (Bhagavad Gita 5/8)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  05:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
for many months now most of the time i feel i am not doing anything..

There is a scene in the movie Blade: Trinity which is my favorite.

Its when Abigail (Jessica Biel) is sitting down holding the body of her murdered friend in her arms. She is crying with tears in her eyes.

Blade (Wesley Snipes) is just standing there emotionless, doing nothing. Blade is half vampire half human.

Blade looks at Abigail and says: "Use it."

(Abigail continues crying)

Blade repeats: "Use it!"

(Abigail still continues crying)

Then Blade shouts: "USE IT!"

(Abigail utters a furious cry filled with remorse and raging anger.)

Love it.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  01:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maheswari,
I can totally relate! It's like God is doing stuff through me and it is effortless on my part. As Lord Krishna says in the Gita: "Though always working, such a man is never entangled."
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  12:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
manigma...re reading this thread...i dont understand how this movie scene relates to doing nothing? isnt it nore about not repressing feelings?
please enlighten me
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  2:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

manigma...re reading this thread...i dont understand how this movie scene relates to doing nothing? isnt it nore about not repressing feelings?
please enlighten me

After reading your post about 'doing nothing' maybe I felt some repression in your words?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  2:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what kind of repression?.......doing nothing is easy in the aspects of life i have mentioned in this thread....but it not easy for me when it is related to intimate matters...i am easily overwhelemed
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  01:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

what kind of repression?.......doing nothing is easy in the aspects of life i have mentioned in this thread....but it not easy for me when it is related to intimate matters...i am easily overwhelemed

When you are overwhelmed, do nothing.

What is your practice routine? You practice Tantra?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  02:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i do DM and SB(with mulabandha and sambavi and ujayi) twice per day since few months now

for many years i used ishta mantra during daily meditation

i still do asanas ,kirtan ...i like jnana also very much

i practice solo tantra....most my males partners were not into tantra

Edited by - maheswari on Sep 14 2011 04:01:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  03:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

i do DM and SB(with mulabandha and sambavi and ujayi) twice per day since few months now

for many years i used ishta mantra during daily meditation

i still do asanas ,kirtan and like jnana

i practice solo tantra....most my males partners were not into tantra

That's good.

So how is your experience with solo tantra so far?

There is a polar opposite partner within all of us. Ever felt it?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  06:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
That's good.

solo practice is very good
never heard of or noticed about polar opposite partner
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  08:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
That's good.

solo practice is very good
never heard of or noticed about polar opposite partner

Yes, there is a partner within us.

Even with solo tantra you will discover it. When the polar opposites begin to unite within, it will feel like a thousand flowers blooming in you.

It will make you complete. Then you will be happy even with (or without) an external partner.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  09:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, there is a partner within us.

Even with solo tantra you will discover it. When the polar opposites begin to unite within, it will feel like a thousand flowers blooming in you.

It will make you complete. Then you will be happy even with (or without) an external partner.

i have the book...the first time i read it,it made me change radically my point of views...cause tradtional yoga- which i was doing at that time -always considered sex as something bad....i will re read to find this partner...btw the chapters in the link are in different order and title then in the book!

thank you manigma for your patience in replying

Edited by - maheswari on Sep 14 2011 09:08:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  09:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i have the book...the first time i read it,it made me change radically my point of views...cause tradtional yoga- which i was doing at that time -always considered sex as something bad....i will re read to find this partner...btw the chapters in the link are in different order and title then in the book!

thank you manigma for your patience in replying

I wanted you to see the paintings. The book is nice too.

Practice solo tantra consistently alongwith your daily meditation.

Enjoy the divine bath in nectar and shower of ecstasy.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  1:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes i found the paintings beautiful....saved one of them at my laptop....
will practice solo tantra as advised
thx again
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  6:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So what is the story about this "partner" within us? I'm a man but sometimes I feel there is a woman close to me, or inside or something. I feel like it's me except I am attracted to her and she's nothing like me. It makes me deeply examine my sexuality, and yet I come up with nothing gay, no desire to cross dress or be with men etc., I just can't figure it out.
Often it feels like it is a specific woman, same one every time, perfect although too young for me, someone I haven't met but I feel I have. It's strange - sometimes I feel her touch. 'Bout to drag me over the 'crazy' line sometimes trying to figure it out. . .
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  12:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

So what is the story about this "partner" within us? I'm a man but sometimes I feel there is a woman close to me, or inside or something. I feel like it's me except I am attracted to her and she's nothing like me. It makes me deeply examine my sexuality, and yet I come up with nothing gay, no desire to cross dress or be with men etc., I just can't figure it out.
Often it feels like it is a specific woman, same one every time, perfect although too young for me, someone I haven't met but I feel I have. It's strange - sometimes I feel her touch. 'Bout to drag me over the 'crazy' line sometimes trying to figure it out. . .

When I joined AYP forum I thought Etherfish was a woman's alias.

In the fourth stage, as Sophia (called Wisdom in the Bible), a man's anima functions as a guide to the inner life, mediating to consciousness the contents of the unconscious. She cooperates in the search for meaning and is the creative muse in an artist's life.

~ The Anima & The Animus

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  07:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks manigma,
There doesn't seem to be any transfer of information or cooperation so far - just love. I'll see if anything changes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000