Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 solar centering enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  05:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just added the solar enhancement to my meditation after reading a post here that suggested it might be useful for sensitive meditators and for pressure in the head.

BEFORE
prior to the solar enhancement during my practices I would incur pressure in my head. During repitition of the I AM mantra I would find my attention would naturally settle in my head or just in front of my face. After 5- 10 minutes I would reach a certain level of absorbtion in the mantra where a sharp bolt of energy would momentarily rush from my perineum to my brain. This would shock me and bring me back into the shallows. A few breaths later I would be back where I was and the cycle would repeat. I thought this was just the normal pattern, I found this could be exhausting to some extent. Signs of excess would manifest as lighting like activity in my head as falling to sleep and often prevent sleep for several hours, this was a good indicator to self pace and of a potential more severe overload on the near horizon. Also outside of practices self inquiry, or merely thinking 'all is one' 'everything is sacred' etc would also trigger sharp ruch of energy and auotomatic mualabunda/ sambahvi

AFTER
During my first sitting with the solar enhancement there was no pressure developing in the head. The energy flow felt much smoother (by comparison I would describe my previous experience as being punched in the brainstem with a fist full of electric eels). During the meditation I have felt quit an expanse on openness and stillness inside of me, it also felt as though a gentle breeze was blowing up through me to my crown. I also felt heat develop in the solar plexus region and digestive tract. Since then heat has also began to show in my perineum, back of my eyelids and in the centre of my head. Everything feels alot smoother now and there is much more stillness.

Outside of practices my brief energitic experiences have become smoother as well and also more prolonged. Today on two occasions I had smooth energy flows lasting 7-15 seconds from perineum to head. They still felt ecstatic but much more peaceful and brought a big smile to my face

thought I would share

Thank you

ps. so far I have only practiced the solar enhancement for a week so I could still overload or have other symptoms but I will post any more developments on this thread as they occur.

Edited by - jamuna on Jan 10 2011 4:59:48 PM

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  4:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
try.... solar 'flare' enhancement

I am getting Hot Hot Hot

I have been doing the solar centering enhancement for a bit more then two weeks now and it has been great. With the more smooth flows of energy I have been able to concentrate more on the mantra and it feels my meditation has been deeper. I did have to miss a days practice due to uncomfortable crown activity and have also had to drop spinal breathing and samyama. Right now I am down to 20 minutes DM.

What I have noticed is that this practice seems to be generating a lot of heat. I am breaking sweats in DM and feel a lot of heat in the solar plexus and digestive area. It also seems as though I might be losing weight, I dont have any scales but I feel it and others have commented ( I think maybe as a result of increased digestive fire?).

My previous experience with self pacing has only concerned crown activity/ anxiety and other head symptoms so I feel a bit on unfamiliar ground here and taking things slowly.

I feel internally sunburnt in the abdominal region and I am wondering how bad this can get and maybe if there are food choices that might minimise this? & also just dealing with heat in general, it seems like there are patches of heat randomly moving over my body. Exercise yesterday accentuated the heat and caused nausea.

Just wondering if there are some strategies for dealing with heat? whether this is just a passing phase? or whether there are some long term adjustments I need to make to ensure practice remains comfortable?

Cheers

Edited by - jamuna on Jan 10 2011 4:56:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  01:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I became aware that the mantra was drifting to the navel chakra and have corrected this and along with it my heat associated problems. Also I had done a zazen sit before starting this so I think there was a of extra energy around that made things more clunky then usuall.

I was previously feeling alot of pressure in the head during meditation and pressure in the eyes. These problems have completely gone now and mediation is heaps more comfortable. I reccomend giving it a try if you are struggleing with excessive head pressure.

Peace , Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000