AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Discarding the Maps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All....

Just wondering what the consensus is around here as to how "bad" an idea it is for someone on a spiritual path to discard all maps and "run blind".....I realize that there are multiple cultural maps of the "upcoming territories" and that although the wording may be different they are all maps of and/or to the same place. I have in the past used many of these "maps" to my advantage, but recently I have had almost an "aversion" to them. I used to read religious doctrines with a ferver...I used to compare my experiences and milestones with the ones talked about in these books, and I used to validate myself based on these things. I used to be very attached to specific "maps" that resonated with me over other "maps" that didn't. But I have recently found that I have no desire to "know where I am", and no desire to read these spiritual maps. It is almost like a loss of bhakti but in other ways is a letting go. I'm not totally sure how I feel about this "aversion" to reading and relating to the spiritual maps. Is it an unwise idea to set aside these maps in order to "forge my own way"? I am in danger of getting really lost if I do this? Thanks for any advice!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 26 2009 11:26:18 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect!!

Go with it.

You are at a point where you have enough inner silence to guide you to the truth. The maps as you call them are required in the beginning to point you inward.. once you are inward.. your inner guru will guide you.

I don't think I have ever followed maps. Or maybe I have and I don't know about them. As long as you keep up with your meditation and cultivate inner silence, the rest just is sent your way. Meditation is not a ritual or a practice any more for me.. it is a part of my life.. like waking up, brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, etc. So make meditation a part of your everyday life, and leave the rest to you inner guru.

You cannot really get lost, because there is nowhere to go.. you are already here. However I would not recommend giving up meditation, that is one key factor that will help you keep in touch with your silence.. once you have the contact with the silence, rest all just flows. You will know what you need to know when you need to know it. A forum post, a book, words on the screen, a email from a friend, something in a song a movie, words from a friend.. will all reveal exactly what you need at that point of your journey.. the directions on the map show up from nowhere and everywhere. And since you are not bound to one map, you can actually be shown short-cuts and find the way much quicker.

Now this is just my way of looking at things. I am not trying to attain anything. And maybe if you are here to attain something, a map is required. I have experienced living from stillness. I have experienced being rooted in my heart. I am not looking for anything anymore. It changes.. every moment is new and it all keeps changing. Not sure if all this has a name. I cannot believe it has an end state. So if there is a final state that has to be achieved, maybe a map is required and hopefully I am not misguiding you.
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Carson

For a long time I felt I sat too light to the books and the teachers. I used to think it was laziness, but there was no lack of passion/desperation in my search. Maybe more like I was so desperate to KNOW, to be free from my nameless perplexity/confusion/affliction, right now, as a matter of personal experience, that the books and methods always seemed a bit remote/indirect. I could get interested for a bit, but tailed off after a few chapters. Nevertheless, experiences of deepening and awakening came, just in response to my need/openness, and I was led without much reference to books, only recognising chakras and kundalini and non-existent-I, and so forth by looking up what was happening to me. I have always felt the books came second - validating something that had already been experienced, making sense of it, reassuring me I wasn't going mad. I have over time become confident that what I experience is the best guide, and I know I am not alone in this. Bernadette Roberts and the late Suzanne Segal write movingly, in different traditions, of their initially total bewilderment about what seemed to have befallen them and their growing understanding of it.

In the longer run, I have found one or two absolutely resonant teachers (eg Nisargadatta and Dogen) who sound the bell clearly in expressing THAT of which I am certain, the only reality that remains certain, much better than I can, and the rest of the books have fallen away.

Hope these thoughts are of interest in response to your question. I think one has to forge out on one's own, even with a teacher. The only thing that is of help is your own unknowing. The rest are just thoughts and experiences.

chinna

Edited by - chinna on Aug 26 2009 11:48:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti and thank you for your advice!!

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

You cannot really get lost, because there is nowhere to go.. you are already here. However I would not recommend giving up meditation, that is one key factor that will help you keep in touch with your silence.. once you have the contact with the silence, rest all just flows.

Oh....I wasn't meaning I feel like giving up any of my practices.... what I mean by "maps" are basically "maps of consciouness", "maps of the path to enlightenment" etc etc.... I used to read anything and everything I could get my hands on.... And some of it I became quite attached to because I felt it validated my own experience. But then I found myself looking for/waiting for the next "experience" that is supposed to happen according to the "map". This has been creating expectations and disappointments in me that I end up having to overcome. I feel it is time to discard those oh so validating "maps", grab my machette and start hacking my way through the bush, trusting Source that I will find my way without putting myself in situations that I can't or don't know how to handle....or without sending me spiraling into situations of "chasing my tail". I think that is what I most fear when thinking about dropping my maps.... that I will end up running in circles for the rest of my life.

quote:

You will know what you need to know when you need to know it.

Unless I don't Kidding....I know what you are saying.

quote:

A forum post, a book, words on the screen, a email from a friend, something in a song, a movie, words from a friend.. will all reveal exactly what you need at that point of your journey.. the directions on the map show up from nowhere and everywhere. And since you are not bound to one map, you can actually be shown short-cuts and find the way much quicker.

Yes...this is the best case scenario I think....but is it realistic to think that this will happen? Is it not just as realistic to think that I could end up chasing my tail for a decade? I guess if that is what I need right now, that is what will happen. Best to let go of trying to control the future....it's just isn't going to happen. Take everything in stride and learn from each moment something new.

quote:

Now this is just my way of looking at things. Hopefully I am not misguiding you.

Nope....can't misguide someone when you are speaking from the heart. Thank you for your kind and always pertinent advice Shanti

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 26 2009 11:50:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Chinna and thanks for chiming in with your experience!

quote:
Originally posted by chinna

For a long time I felt I sat too light to the books and the teachers. I used to think it was laziness, but there was no lack of passion/desperation in my search. Maybe more like I was so desperate to KNOW, to be free from my nameless perplexity/confusion/affliction, right now, as a matter of personal experience, that the books and methods always seemed a bit remote/indirect. I could get interested for a bit, but tailed off after a few chapters.

Yes! This is basically how I am feeling right now! I can't seem to read more then a chapter or two of books that I would normally read in a couple of sittings, without feeling extreme apathy for what I am reading. It is like I just don't care anymore for reading about things and care only about experiencing them for myself. I guess I am just a little worried that without the maps I will get lost. Time to trust the inner guru 100% now I guess. And a little distressed over this lack of passion for reading spiritual texts....it is very out of character for who I thought I was.

quote:

Nevertheless, experiences of deepening and awakening came, just in response to my need/openness, and I was led without much reference to books, only recognising chakras and kundalini and non-existent-I, and so forth by looking up what was happening to me.

I find this happens for me also....I get what I need, right when I need it. I truly need to just let go and put my trust in the inner guru.

quote:

I have always felt the books came second - validating something that had already been experienced, making sense of it, reassuring me I wasn't going mad.

This is partially what I am needing to distance myself from....the need for validation. What I experience is valid...no matter if others have experienced the same, no matter if there is a map of the territory or not....my experiences ARE valid....to me. (Or they should be. I guess this is all coming down to me being able to trust myself and my experiences without external validation.)

quote:

I have over time become confident that what I experience is the best guide, and I know I am not alone in this. Bernadette Roberts and the late Suzanne Segal write movingly, in different traditions, of their initially total bewilderment about what seemed to have befallen them and their growing understanding of it.

Hahaha....validating the lack of a need for validation....

quote:

In the longer run, I have found one or two absolutely resonant teachers (eg Nisargadatta and Dogen) who sound the bell clearly in expressing THAT of which I am certain, the only reality that remains certain, much better than I can, and the rest of the books have fallen away.

You are the first to expose me to Dogen, but I too have a great amount of resonance with what Nisargadatta has to say.

quote:

Hope these thoughts are of interest in response to your question.

Yes very much so, thank you. You have helped to push me that much closer to being able to trust my own experiences without a need for validation.

quote:

I think one has to forge out on one's own, even with a teacher. The only thing that is of help is your own unknowing. The rest are just thoughts and experiences.

It's true....even when following a teacher one has to live their own experiences. Very pertinent. Thank you for your advice.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  2:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Oh....I wasn't meaning I feel like giving up any of my practices.... what I mean by "maps" are basically "maps of consciouness", "maps of the path to enlightenment" etc etc.... I used to read anything and everything I could get my hands on.... And some of it I became quite attached to because I felt it validated my own experience. But then I found myself looking for/waiting for the next "experience" that is supposed to happen according to the "map". This has been creating expectations and disappointments in me that I end up having to overcome. I feel it is time to discard those oh so validating "maps", grab my machette and start hacking my way through the bush, trusting Source that I will find my way without putting myself in situations that I can't or don't know how to handle....or without sending me spiraling into situations of "chasing my tail". I think that is what I most fear when thinking about dropping my maps.... that I will end up running in circles for the rest of my life.

I did not think you meant you were going to give up practices, but just mentioned it in case you did think so and/or others reading it thought I was asking you to stop meditation.
And yes, I know what you mean by waiting for the next experience. Even without reading much I did that all my life. I have been blessed with laziness and get bored with too many concepts and words. My brain shuts down.
In your case tho Carson, this may just be a phase. Like I said somewhere else, there is a time to read (add heat to cook the food), and then there is a time to let the silence do what it needs to do (simmer the food), adding more words, concepts, knowledge (more high heat to the cooking) will not achieve much other than frustrations (burn the food or overcook it). Then there will be a point when you will have to urge to read again, and you will be guided to read what you need then (turn up the heat again). Just stay open. Your inner guru is blatantly telling you to be in silence now and let the silence teach you, digest and assimilate all you have studied, take your inner guru's advice without fear and doubt.

quote:

Yes...this is the best case scenario I think....but is it realistic to think that this will happen? Is it not just as realistic to think that I could end up chasing my tail for a decade?

Well it is happening here. It has happened to many. It has happened to you.. think about when AYP came to you, think about Real Love, think about Loving What Is, think about your wife reading that topic, I am sure there are many other things like the ones I am quoting. Trust Carson. You are beyond the point of chasing your tail. Esp. if you are not caught in concepts, beliefs, maps.. if you are open (which you are), if you allow (which you do) and if you accept (which you do), you cannot get lost Carson. In my experience, we don't get lost because we don't use a map.. we get lost because we get caught up in the map. We believe we have to achieve something.. we have to get somewhere and only the map we are following will take us there and the map is the only truth and no one else and no other map will take us to that final truth.. to a better truth that no other map can take us to.. We get caught up in the idea that the map is the destination. That is when we get lost. Letting go is a huge part of the map. Inner guru is the map.

But then you already know all this....
quote:

I guess if that is what I need right now, that is what will happen. Best to let go of trying to control the future....it's just isn't going to happen. Take everything in stride and learn from each moment something new.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  2:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shweta, your words always resonate deep in my heart. We are blessed to have you here at AYP. Thank you.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  3:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carsonji,

I have an experience which I'ld like to share as it relates to this topic, it's a little different but I think it is the same in some ways..

One day I was walking out of an appointment with someone in a different city far from where I live, you have to take a train. I had 200 shekels in my wallet and no money in my bank account. I met a very old lady on the street which was walking slowly and coughing, and she asked me if I could give her some money. I gave her 20 shekels, and she said thank you and started to talk and said that she has no more money, and her son which lived with her in her apartment and was in the army died, and her money was slowly decreasing and she has no more. She seemed very sad and coughed all the while.. I asked her if she needs more money and she said yes if you can. So I gave her all my money without realizing that I have no more.. (I think I was just so taken by her and the love for her was flowing that I didn't realize or notice). She was very thankful and we hugged..
Then we parted and while walking to the bus station I looked into my wallet and saw that I didn't have money. I thought "Stupid, that was soo stupid!! But I did what my heart and inner self was telling me? How can that be wrong? what to do now?" My heart told me not to go back to the lady and ask her for the money back.. So I walked in the street, my mind very afraid. I called to my sister which on this day was in this city and asked her if she has money to give me.. She was busy and I felt like I was intruding and asking from her something which felt not right at this time.. Anyway I walked towards where she was, saying to God that it doesn't feel right and I don't want to take money from her at this time.. something in it felt wrong.. so as I was walking I had to ask people where the university (where she was) is and they told me that its a long way. So I said fine if that's what I have to do, fine. So I walked some way, saying to myself that no matter what happens I am safe (remembering brother Kirtanman's post ), and also saying "I trust God" something that I've been saying a lot this past year. As I walked towards where I thought was the university I said "God you lead me, you lead the way" putting all my faith in my inner self, and at one point there was a turn to the right (in a different direction to the one I thought the uni is) which I felt a pull to. I asked "Go there?" "Yes" "OK", and I went.. I said to myself "I'm a lunatic walking without any direction not knowing where it leads" and I continued to walk with 95% faith.
I then met a lady and asked her if she knows where the uni is, and she said "no, but maybe my husband which is waiting somewhere else knows where" so I walked with her to her husband, and suddenly I saw a familiar face, someone that I knew a little sitting on a bench. I said thank you to the lady and went to the person that I knew. We hugged and talked a bit and I told her my story and she gave me enough money to go back home (and said that it's unnecessary to return her the money).

I don't regret anything I did, as I learned a very important lesson.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  3:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Perfect!!

Go with it.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...thanks Yonatan! Such a beautiful story of how to live trusting the inner guru. An inspiration and a shining light on the Path....thank you!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  5:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson. It is a blessing to have you here at AYP too ya know.

Yonatan,
What a beautiful story in trust.. it made my heart smile and cry at the same time. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  7:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

So I walked some way, saying to myself that no matter what happens I am safe (remembering brother Kirtanman's post ), and also saying "I trust God" something that I've been saying a lot this past year.

I don't regret anything I did, as I learned a very important lesson.

Hey Brother Yonatan,

I agree with Carson & Shanti --- beautiful story; thanks for sharing!!

Also, thanks for mentioning the thread I started on the actuality of everyone's Safety.

It's the truth.

And, as you're creating-discovering ...... love is always the answer.

You can't love whole-heartedly and not be loved whole-heartedly ... as you experienced, per your story.

I'm sitting here with a happy smirk on my face, and tears forming in my eyes.

All of this is a LOT easier, and a LOT more infinitely beautiful, than the "thought called me" could ever have dreamed.

It's called Liberation for a reason.

Intending The Infinite Abundance of Infinite Trust For All,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  8:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Namaste All....

Just wondering what the consensus is around here as to how "bad" an idea it is for someone on a spiritual path to discard all maps and "run blind"

All ideas are bad.

quote:

Is it an unwise idea to set aside these maps in order to "forge my own way"?

What does "my own" mean?

quote:

I am in danger of getting really lost if I do this?

Not nearly as much danger as you'll be in if you keep *thinking* this much!

quote:

Love,
Carson

See? You answered your own question!

And ... as I think Shanti said, in slightly different words:

Paths are maps ------ *you* are the destination.

Ultimately, maps are 99% "pacifiers for the mind" -- their structures speak to dream-mind in its own language.

When I speak of Kabbalah and Kashmir Shaivism, and other systems -- I find some of the correspondences to be quite interesting .... but I don't "follow" any of them, and I don't spend much time with them (maybe ... I don't know ... a half hour per week ... maybe an hour, some weeks .... and purely because the process is enjoyable, not because there's anything to "get", or anyone to "get" it).

All maps lead *here*.

All maps lead home -- to who and what we each and all are, now.

And the really cool thing about maps: they're there if you feel you need them.

You can fold them up, put them away, and if you feel the need to check anything ... they're always accessible.

And ...transcending the specific structure of "mapped paths" is part of the journey ... part of that which is mapped ....

And ultimately ..... the map, the map-reading and the map-reader -- the map-maker, mapping the map-making ..... are .... One-Now.

You can't get lost.

You can't be lost.

You can only think lost.

The thought-me wants the security of knowing.

Reality is completely absorbed in the joy of actually living now; nothing's left over to think there could be a problem.

Relax mind.

Open heart.

Dive all the way in.

Welcome Home.

_/\_

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 26 2009 8:31:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Kirtanman......

quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

quote:
Just wondering what the consensus is around here as to how "bad" an idea it is for someone on a spiritual path to discard all maps and "run blind"

All ideas are bad.

When I first read this last evening I kinda felt a defensive response and chose not to respond because it made me a little bit angry....I had this thought; "What a flippant answer...I was being serious when I asked 'Is it a 'bad' idea to discard the maps'".... But then I realized that you were being serious and weren't just joking around....all ideas ARE bad! I "knew" this before, but it took you saying this, me having the defensive response, and then giving that response some "space/time", for me to "Know" this....I actually felt it drop from my head to my heart energetically as I let it go in silence. The idea of discarding the maps IS bad....I should just DO it and be done with it. Or not. Tossing around/entertaining ideas is distracting me from living....yet again

quote:

quote:
Is it an unwise idea to set aside these maps in order to "forge my own way"?

What does "my own" mean?

It means I am identified with my seperation still and am not living right Now.

quote:

quote:
I am in danger of getting really lost if I do this?

Not nearly as much danger as you'll be in if you keep *thinking* this much!

Point taken

quote:

quote:

Love,
Carson

See? You answered your own question!

Ah....yes I supppose I did....never thought of it like that before....thank you for pointing this out. Drop it all and just Be Love.

quote:

And ... as I think Shanti said, in slightly different words:

Paths are maps ------ *you* are the destination.

Correction...*we* are the destination

quote:

Ultimately, maps are 99% "pacifiers for the mind" -- their structures speak to dream-mind in its own language.

Yes, this is essentially what I feel the desire to get away from....the comforts of the dream-mind. I have a practice set that works, I have all the "tools" I need....now it's time to use them to Be the product.

quote:

When I speak of Kabbalah and Kashmir Shaivism, and other systems -- I find some of the correspondences to be quite interesting .... but I don't "follow" any of them, and I don't spend much time with them (maybe ... I don't know ... a half hour per week ... maybe an hour, some weeks .... and purely because the process is enjoyable, not because there's anything to "get", or anyone to "get" it).

There's a big difference between reading scriptures because it's enjoyable and reading them in order to validate your personal experience to yourself....at some point I have to take the plunge and just trust the silence/inner guru and my own experience.

quote:

All maps lead *here*.

Perfect, cause...dun dun duuuuuh.....I'm *HERE*!

quote:

All maps lead home -- to who and what we each and all are, now.

And the really cool thing about maps: they're there if you feel you need them.

You can fold them up, put them away, and if you feel the need to check anything ... they're always accessible.

Yes of course. Personally I have been using these maps as "crutches" for too long now....time to fold them up for a bit (as opposed to tossing them aside), tuck them away for future reference/use, and start walking on my own two feet.

quote:

And ...transcending the specific structure of "mapped paths" is part of the journey ... part of that which is mapped ....

Haha....yes, I'm sure it is. There's a map for just about everything isn't there.

quote:

And ultimately ..... the map, the map-reading and the map-reader -- the map-maker, mapping the map-making ..... are .... One-Now.

You can't get lost.

You can't be lost.

You can only think lost.

Yes, I think I am beginning to see this. There is no "lost"...only the "thought-lost".

quote:

Yes, that it certainly does!

quote:

Reality is completely absorbed in the joy of actually living now; nothing's left over to think there could be a problem.

Time to start living and stop thinking!!!

quote:

Relax mind.

Open heart.

Dive all the way in.

Welcome Home.

Thank you Kirtanman...this was exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 27 2009 11:08:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

sudo command

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  1:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit sudo command's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson

it is awesome at this point of your journey to take such a step. A milestone that many fail to reach because of fear. surrendering completely is the only way to realize you are home and always were. You need no fear of "chasing your tail" you're already here. All the answers are at the root of I .

WHO is this that feels a dependence on these maps? that has a fear of chasing their tail?

you'll get an answer in time and be able to walk on 8 legs

Edited by - sudo command on Sep 06 2009 1:19:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  7:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sudo command

Hey Carson

it is awesome at this point of your journey to take such a step. A milestone that many fail to reach because of fear. surrendering completely is the only way to realize you are home and always were. You need no fear of "chasing your tail" you're already here. All the answers are at the root of I .

WHO is this that feels a dependence on these maps? that has a fear of chasing their tail?

you'll get an answer in time and be able to walk on 8 legs

will he turn into a spider?
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  6:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This scares me... Does this happen to everybody after having a kundalini awakening? If I lose passion for spiritual understanding I will have to give up Physics (which means I have to give up school, my apartment, and any chance of ever having money!) and forever be in debt being unable to pay back all the loans to the government!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  8:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

This scares me... Does this happen to everybody after having a kundalini awakening? If I lose passion for spiritual understanding I will have to give up Physics (which means I have to give up school, my apartment, and any chance of ever having money!) and forever be in debt being unable to pay back all the loans to the government!

Hi BellaMente,

From my post/reply to Carson, above:

You can't get lost.

You can't be lost.

You can only think lost.

Relax mind.

Open heart.

Dive all the way in.

Welcome Home.

_/\_

The opening of consciousness to its own true nature (known, along with many, many other terms for it, as "kundalini awakening") is the fulfillment of humanity; being afraid of it is somewhat akin to being afraid of puberty.

Not only is there not actually anything to be afraid of ... the full process of consciousness awakening to its own true nature results in the permanent eradication not only of fear, but of the cause of fear (misperception of self as partial or incomplete).

"Kundalini" has a lot of bad press around the Web, mostly because many of those who write about kundalini barely understand what's going on, and treat it as a pathology -- or, they're in love with the "mystique" or drama of feeling like they're special enough to experience an exotically-named process.

Those tendencies (discussing kundalini in this manner) are *far* from universal; I'm referring to the sites/groups that present kundalini-awakening information in a way that is likely to scare or confuse people, and/or likely to reinforce incorrect (aka fear-inducing) concepts someone may already have, about kundalini/awakening.

There's nothing inherently involved in kundalini awakening//realization of your true nature, which would hurt or derail any academic or career aspirations, or otherwise "mess up your life".

Nearly *all* of the "bumpy stuff" related to kundalini/awakening stems from lack of awareness concerning the true nature of kundalini, lack of awareness concerning self-pacing -- many yogis and yoginis around the world manage their practices much like a ballet dancer leaping around on a sprained ankle ... (as in: "in a manner not conducive to ongoing comfort") -- and lack of awareness related to appropriate and applicable support structures that are available, and helpful to utilize, during the kundalini/awakening process.

Regarding practices, and pretty much everything else --- *this* (AYP Forum) "is the place".

For some great additional information on available "body, mind and emotion" related supports (i.e. when to use certain herbs or nutrients, seasonal issues, gender-specific issues, and so on) .. I also highly recommend the Biology of Kundalini site:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

And I'm guessing there are a few other groups that do understand the process of kundalini/awakening well .... but I know for sure that there's at least one group that understands the full process of kundalini/awakening well.

And the really good news (yep, you guessed it ....) ....

It's

Right

Here

@ AYP.

Welcome to the AYP Forum, BellaMente; I hope this helps.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 17 2009 8:43:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  10:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol i just read the first few replies to this one... but go to illuminated poetry UM i guess i just came up with a quote sort of on this subject.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000