New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  12:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy

"unending devastating bliss and unshakable silent peace" - Yogani"

My personal quest for a return to the haunting peace I knew so briefly many years ago was raised to a fever pitch by those words. I realize now that I merely did not know how to sustain that beautiful peace though it has pushed me for many years to discover the answere to the question "How do I get back there and make it permanent?"

Yeah.. this is what we are promised if we continue with our practices, we will have unending devastating bliss and unshakable silent peace present always - we have caught glimpses of this; visited briefly and we want more. But I do ask myself - can we really live like that??? The concept of heaven never caught on with me for the same reason - we are dual in our nature and it is hard to imagine "living happily ever after" or in permanent pure bliss without forgetting that this is permanent pure bliss after a couple of days.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Yeah.. this is what we are promised if we continue with our practices, we will have unending devastating bliss and unshakable silent peace present always - we have caught glimpses of this; visited briefly and we want more. But I do ask myself - can we really live like that??? The concept of heaven never caught on with me for the same reason - we are dual in our nature and it is hard to imagine "living happily ever after" or in permanent pure bliss without forgetting that this is permanent pure bliss after a couple of days.

Hi Sey,
Yes you are right, the "concept" has not caught on and never will. Concepts are never the reality. This "unending devastating bliss and unshakable silent peace" is nothing like the concept of peace and stillness we have. Nothing like the glimpses we get. Nothing. It is just a solid (yet completely fluid) base from which we operate. Life does not change one bit, we still do and operate the way we always have, and yet it all happenes from a soild base of stillness. You have nothing to lose other than the stress and the "clenched fist" feeling that we live with.
Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  10:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You have nothing to lose other than the stress and the "clenched fist" feeling that we live with.

Yes.....wonderful
Go to Top of Page

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  2:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
re:

quote:

Aauummm...
Ekadantaya Vidmahe
Vakratundaya Dimahi
Tanno Danti Prachodayat'

Aauummm Shanti Shanti Shanti...

I really could not say it better than what Yogani says above...Yet I would add to it...to "deepen, broaden, to make continually obvious that unending devastating bliss and unshakeable peace, that I have yet just the most infinitesimally small awareness of"

To use the metaphor that Guru Nanak Dev Ji uses:
That "I might be dyed completely in the madder of consciousness, becoming indued with Its color completely"

Madder is a deeply crimson red dye...

regards,
Jivaakabhasana_Yogi
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SeySourcier! Read your comment. Yoga means "to bind together" and that is exactly what it can do with concepts at odds with one another. If you keep meditating the way Yogani teaches, the energy you will experience and the sensations that go with it will "prove themselves" in a way that intellectual concepts cannot touch.
Go to Top of Page

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember being in nature when I was young and thinking... "yes, this is here - all around me - but there is SOMETHING missing - some kind of veil". Meditation has helped this "me" come closer to touching that SOMETHING... that which IS and always will be.
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  08:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tam, I remember the exact same feeling. The sense of magic and mystery, not to mention beauty, in the fields and woods and streams around my grandparents home. Sometimes I could close my eyes and feel it deep inside, especially during a rain storm. It also felt timeless. Thanks for reminding me of that sense of connectedness to nature is a big part of why I meditate as well. I have been having brief moments of that happen again since I started. I wish you well in all things.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 09 2021 :  11:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you meditate? I meditate because I just know it is the right thing for me.

Why did you start to meditate? Intuitively I was drawn to meditation because of "nothing". I was tired of all the 'interesting content out there and felt the need to respect what I already had collected in here inside. It lead to more than what I thought. For me meditation seemed like the closest to nothing I could come, ascetic austerity in a cave wasn't an option.

A big sidenote: I love to post because it becomes two birds in one stone. The more diverse posts the more likely it is that someone might stumble accross AYP via the search function of the web! On 9th of december 2019, I was that lucky someone!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  04:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Wil for resurrecting this old thread.

How would I answer this question - 10 years later? I have no idea... yet here am I, still meditating!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

alain

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  07:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I meditate because I can. I learned about meditation when I was a kid and because nobody could teach me how I tried it by myself, of course it didn't work. I tried again later with mixed results because of the poor quality of the practices and the instructions I got, of course I didn't stick with those.
It was only when I got way older that I learned properly with AYP and Yogany, then meditation became a whole part of my life.
Now I meditate because it is my way of life. I do not have a specific reason, it's more or less for all the reasons that makes my life and the life of others better.
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well... I started practicing yoga because I wanted a flat tummy, shallow I know haha, at the time I was doing 200 sit ups a day to no avail, and then one day someone on the radio said that if you want a flat tummy you need to do 'this' yoga move (leg raises), (little did I know where it would lead me...) so I popped down to HMV and got a VHS on yoga and from the instant I put it on I was hooked, it was like coming home, to something I never knew I had been away from until I started, it was like sinking into a warm bath of homelyness.

Needless to say, 20 years on and it is still the rock that is un-movable, at the centre of my being that waves crash against it but is never disturbed.

I was lucky enough to find an amazing teacher, who taught me a lot of things and gave me many books to read, which talked about a lot of interesting things, mostly which I thought was impossible, but as I continued to practice the sequence of things they detailed started to occur which made me wonder if everything that they spoke of was true... which was quite a head screw... because they all said that yoga was a science, X+Y=Z and if you practice all will come...

All I know is, that I left school with no qualifications, and after practicing yoga (and I include meditation in that (title)) I went on to do eight years of studying all whilst working fulltime, and I am now a successful Mechanical Engineer, and I have worked with some of the greatest scientists on the planet, I have achieved some amazing things, including, which I am most proud of, is having my signature etched on to the name plate of a space craft that landed on the asteroid Bennu due to the work I did on a work project in conjunction with NASA; so why do I meditate... why wouldn't you! Yoga and meditation changed my life, it allowed me to become the person who I always wanted to be... and now I meditate, because, I have achieved (satisfied) everything that I (felt that I needed to do to prove myself) thought' I wanted, and I'm ready to let go into something much much deeper...

Hari Om Tat Sat!

May all our desires be fulfilled, so that you may travel on Unhindered and unencumbered by the wants of the mind.

Some desires will be dissolved though meditation, and some desires will be fulfilled though meditation (depending on how strong the desire, and your path in life), but both have the same outcome, weather dissolved or fulfilled, they stand to make the self realise that desires are not who you are, they occur from what you think you should be, and once fulfilled/dissolved, you realise that you were never the desire, rather the desire was just creating ripples within the stillness of your Devine core, when all the ripples are let go of, stillness is evident.

Edited by - Yogabuzz108 on May 15 2021 06:07:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 20 2021 :  04:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Thank you Wil for resurrecting this old thread.

How would I answer this question - 10 years later? I have no idea... yet here am I, still meditating!

Sey

Hahaha, my pleasure, and we might just have dropped our reason in Samyama practice heheh.

Have a good day!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 21 2021 :  01:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Yogabuzz - I started off with a flat tummy, I have ended up with a Buddha belly. All the wisdom that I have acquired seemed to have gone in there

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 22 2021 :  12:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For the same reason people climb mt Everest . Bc it’s there to be climbed . I want to take my humanity to the highest peak possible and at any cost . It was never about being happy , or ending suffering . It was never about knowledge , truth, or any limited magical experience .
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - May 22 2021 :  9:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@SeySorciere

Hahaha mine too now lol, I did get the body I was after (at the time) funny the thing's we want hay.

During my awakening I ate a lot, in some vain effort to ground myself through increasing my mass and filling myself with (things from the) material (plane).
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  12:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want the Truth. I want that singular truth I know is there even if it kills me.

"There is a single truth behind the locks" I wrote in my journal as a teenager. I recently found some writings from when I was just a small boy, and in one of them I describe approaching a singular place of paradise in the center of my being, only to have an invisible door slam shut right before I could reach it. I've been on this path my whole life, seemingly.

-KC

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  06:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh how I wanted that singular Truth as well only to find it is so multifaceted - everything is true, everything is false, wrapped around each other like kundalini snakes.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  10:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ain't that just the way
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  10:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
at once i understood i sat still as a tree
but without roots that tether and bind
i became restless and motion became
with eyes to see and ears to hear
hands that needed to feel and create
on the rocks i depicted early ideas
of form and shape in a forming mind
from the formless space of the internal abyss
truth i declared when a name had been bestowed
the sky the moon the the and more
truth became the explanation the why
but from where and when the story is unending
a mile a marker a stone on the hill
a circle and 0 to add one and make more
a reality a dream manifest just for us
at its peak a depth so so profound
at its depths the longest path
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  03:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always been interested in the big questions. Why are we here? What is the purpose of this life? Who am I? It amazes me how many people go thru life without questioning any of the mystery. Most of my explorations in meditation have resulted in subtle improvements in mental clarity but did not yield any wisdom. AYP caught my attention from the very beginning as a gift from Yogani offered up to those genuine seekers. Not sure I have any of the answers but I feel more hopeful I'm on the path to experientially discovering the truths.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  1:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

It seems that everybody has a theory of who they are and why they are here. For some it is more implicit, it is almost like they do not know it, but it comes across in their actions and words. For others it is more straightforward. It seems that the more we think we know, the farther we are from the truth and from the path to it. It reminds me of that zen story in which a student goes to the master and asks for the truth. The master silently picks up the pot of tea, and starts to pour in the student's already full cup. Tea drips on the table and floor.
"What are you doing?" exclaims the student. "You are making a mess. Stop.”
“How could you fill an already-full cup?” asks the master.

To learn anything new we have to have at least a hint that there is something more to learn, and the ability to let go of what we believe we know. These steps parallel Patanjali’s two elements of the process of enlightenment: practice and non-attachment. We need both to get anywhere.

Do we need to be aware of these fundamental existential questions to progress? Yes and no. A regular spiritual practice will give results no matter, but how fast and deep we go will be influenced by our overall awareness. As Maharishi Maheshi Yogi said, “Everybody realizes, but not everybody cognizes.”

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  2:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my teenage years I suddenly grew a bit old from the inside. I was trying to seek something to fill up a void. Neither did I understand what the void was, nor what I was looking for. My transition was pretty much hilarious. When I used to get good marks in exams, I believed in god. At times when I didn't get good marks I became a non believer.This thiest, atheist stuff was going on for a long time. The last few years moulded me into something different, I found help from AYP , I started with just the deep meditation. I was very reluctant to meditate when I was young. But now thanks to Yogani ,who is nothing short of an angel sent by god, I am addicted to meditation.
I meditate because I am addicted to it

Edited by - SuperMonk on Jun 05 2021 01:26:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2021 :  02:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be a Warrior in body mind and spirit.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000