New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  03:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This yogi is now six years into conductivity, and only now feeling mature and experienced enough about it to finally find some words. I came to AYP 2013 as a three-year tantric, directed to the tantra lessons and learned my missing piece was a meditation practice. The AYP promise of bliss and ecstasy was very inviting, and free. A premature awakening must be a true hardship, conductivity without a prepared system; my gratitude to AYP for systematically awakening my energetic body in a stable and timely fashion.

The first six month were "is it or isn't it?" And then yes it is, and it felt real good and there was a couple of years f*cking around and finding out, testing testing, pushing, straining; a time of yoga hangovers, of developing the sound of silence, and re-learning how to drop off to sleep. It was also a very stressful time in my personal life, and discovered more rising silence in the everyday, maybe because of chaos. Samyama was also paying dividends, in inner sensations, in affirmations, in sharing the love. The body and the process was much stabler when I was quiet, open, and calm. When in the midst of arousal states, it was better to do nothing and flow within it.

After those first two years, conductivity shows up strongly in SBP in tracing the spine, it shows up in DM as Shiva and Shakti, in ketchari and sambhavi mudra, and in simple intentional gestures of the face and hands. It snuck up on me in the dentist, being massaged, at the dermatologist. For awhile I did Cosmic Samyama to assist in falling asleep (conductivity kicked up as soon as I closed my eyes), but eventually tried a quicker way: breathing deeply as if in deep sleep while dissolving my consciousness (thoughts and feelings into the sensation bubbles). Call it mind trickery, but it seems to work well in this yogi.

Asana class (as well as my daily private positions) was the first place to really explore my conductive body and to develop the idea any extraordinary sensations can be cast outwardly, through the breath, by virtue of the nostrils, mouth, lips, and tongue, through all three eyes, and the hands and and feet. This yogi learned in class, as a default, to keep gentle attention at the diaphragm/solar center. It is the center of my body (assisting in balance poses) and my shushumna; gentle attention there connects my body and breath, my inside and outside world through full and slow inhales and exhales. Intended poses (through the stretching of muscle, tendons, connective tissues, and blood flow) stimulate the body, while breathing stimulates, integrates, and radiates. There was a discovery of opening the shushumna by “clicking it into place” between the root and nostrils/eyes, where there was relief within holding a pose and drawing energy outwards. As long as I feel I am radiating, and being open and quiet, and inviting silence and the white noise to step forward, I am feeling grounded and safe, to put my best effort into the practice.

The pandemic accelerated fitness goals, I bought a fitness tracker and took to walking and asanas outside. There is no better place for the conductive body to be, outdoors and physically active while soaking in the grounding opportunities. Conductivity has made raking, gardening, and snow shoveling yoga practices. It amuses while waiting in lines, driving a car, listening to music. Conductivity is weeping to both sad and happy situations. Conductivity educates daily when challenging balance, of the left and right sides, of ida and pingula. It has shown the potential of simple touch, an upturned lip, a gentle smile or greeting. This path is proving through knowledge and discipline, through gentle attention and intentions, profound changes can be made to the neurobiology and how a life is lived and experienced. There is a desire to feel both inside and outside and to know I am more than this flesh, and conductivity has provided that experience. There is an unfulfilled promise of liberation that I offer up daily, in hopes of realizing my true Self in this lifetime.

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  09:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy for sharing your experience on the yoga path. I really enjoy reading about the experiences of experienced AYP practitioners because they always motivate me for my own practice, and I am still a beginner on the path myself, even though I have known AYP since 2017. I wish you all the best in your current and future yoga practice.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Parsifal for your kind response. There is always a hesitation to make a report such as this as it feels self-centered and boastful, but then I remember the earlier "Wild West" days on the forum (as Yogani has coined it) and learning from more experienced and/or troubled yogis who would share their perspectives and fuel my Bhakti. Like writing, yoga can feel like an isolating pursuit, but the more I can witness my thought streams and question the truth of them, the less I am guided by unchallenged ways of thinking and being. We are all different on the same highway; it is up to us to educating ourselves about what we are, and are not, capable of at any given day, and to respect those boundaries, and maybe even test them at times, keeping progress steady and stable. Keep on trucking Parsifal!
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  2:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  2:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful as always Dogboy!

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 21 2023 02:53:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2023 :  01:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata, so good to hear from you your kids must be quite grown by now! If I may ask, what is your conductivity situation? Does it enter your life in any way?
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2023 :  10:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy. I can join Parsifal in my gratitude to you for serving as a voice of hope, love and wisdom on this path.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2023 :  1:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Sunyata, so good to hear from you your kids must be quite grown by now! If I may ask, what is your conductivity situation? Does it enter your life in any way?

Hi Dogboy,

Yes! They are 9 and and almost 12 years old. Your oldest daughter must be almost done with college? How's your youngest doing? Conductivity does show up in various areas of my life. So grateful to Yogani for AYP! AYP practices has provided a safe haven, a subtle/quiet guidance and store house of energy to fulfill my Dharma and live my life fully even with all the ups and downs in Life. I have not been actively posting but I visit the forum daily and read all the posts. I always enjoy reading your posts! Please keep posting and inspiring us!

Much Love,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 23 2023 1:51:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2023 :  2:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2023 :  01:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpaul Blanche

Dear Sunyata, the radiance in your words is felt here

quote:
Yes! They are 9 and and almost 12 years old. Your oldest daughter must be almost done with college? How’s your youngest doing?

Yes the oldest graduates with a BFA in a few weeks. She has her thesis art show next week. I am so proud of her! Our youngest has been in a residential program since the summer of the pandemic, mainly because her various needs are more than we are able provide. My life is currently very peaceful, but when she ages out of her schooling mandate in two years, the future is uncertain in many ways for our family. It may spur our oldest to save up and fly the nest. We are doing all we can to transition her to a group home, but the resources are thin and understaffed, and waiting lists are long. Being a parent of a child who has a slim change to be a contributor to society is my greatest sadness.

It is also what I am here to learn. I am using these two years to become the best yogi I can be. Conductivity should assist greatly in that, along with the intention to handle any particular moment in an open and quiet way, so silence can enter and assist. There I a strong possibility she will again be living with us (preparing for years) and completely change the dynamics in our home, so like a scout, it is best to be prepared!

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2023 :  03:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In lesson 302, Yogani powerfully describes how conductivity and Samyama work in concert:

quote:
…But what if I told you that samyama is only a fancy word for systematically releasing our desires and intentions into stillness, and, that by cultivating this habit, the quality of our life can be improved in many practical ways? In fact, whether we have realized it or not, we have been doing samyama all our life, at least when we have surrendered our desires to our concept of a higher power. When we have, we have found relief from whatever led us to the surrender, and often a much-needed turn in our life in the direction of greater opening and fulfillment. However we may regard the concept of a higher power, and no matter what our religious background, our surrender has invariably been into a living presence that we can also call "stillness." It is the act of surrender that brings about the relief and the opening to newness. This is always a miracle, no matter how subtle or manifest the outcome may be. We do not have to exhibit super-normal powers to be living a life full of miracles. All it takes is an abiding stillness in us and an ability to release our thoughts, feelings and actions into That…

…Here in AYP, we also attend to the cultivation of a special kind of conductivity in the human nervous system. We call it "ecstatic conductivity" because it is ecstatic. In a more advanced form, we also call it "ecstatic radiance," because our ecstasy becomes radiant, reaching beyond our physical body. Not only once in a while, but all the time. This rising energetic phenomenon is also called "kundalini." It is a transformation in the neurobiology.

What does this ecstatic quality in us have to do with stillness and samyama? It provides the medium for stillness to "move" out through us into everyday living. In this way we experience the blissful stillness within us as an overflowing joy in our life. Joy is the first manifestation of it. From there, it continues going outward in innumerable ways, according to the need of our life and our surroundings. We all know intuitively that by "being still" we can tap into this process of divine outpouring.”

As it says in the Old Testament of the Bible: "Be still, and know that I am God."…
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2023 :  1:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Seek the Kingdom of God, and all the rest will be added onto you."
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2023 :  04:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a history of issues in the thoracic and cervical spines; a genetic curvature plus arthritic issues treated successfully (thus far) by prescriptions, physical therapy exercises, and yoga naturally. I now take only an anti-inflammatory. Not to long ago, a friend took my profile pic as I stared off at a vista and I was shocked at my posture. I bought a posture support for my daily walks and place gentle attention, whenever aware, at the core and shoulder blades. Neck rolls are a feature of my asana practice, physical therapy never ends in that respect.

In this conductive body, when I elevate my heart rate (walking), gentle attention at the core/solar plexus/center and empty of thought: shoulders stitched, an intention to being open, erect, and moving through time and space, footfall rhythmic, nature interacting, breathing audible. Without fail, the root and third eye connects and the breath is felt, directs sensation up down in and out. Over time it has become less sexual but more expansive, obviously arousing nonetheless.

Conductivity has given me body awareness, which needs daily nurturing and acknowledgement, less I become lost in thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2023 :  1:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing! I'm currently at a point where "crazy" changes are going on associated with ecstatic conductivity. And so hearing stories like yours make me feel more comfortable with those changes unfolding.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2023 :  8:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Interpaul Blanche

Dear Sunyata, the radiance in your words is felt here

quote:
Yes! They are 9 and and almost 12 years old. Your oldest daughter must be almost done with college? How’s your youngest doing?

Yes the oldest graduates with a BFA in a few weeks. She has her thesis art show next week. I am so proud of her! Our youngest has been in a residential program since the summer of the pandemic, mainly because her various needs are more than we are able provide. My life is currently very peaceful, but when she ages out of her schooling mandate in two years, the future is uncertain in many ways for our family. It may spur our oldest to save up and fly the nest. We are doing all we can to transition her to a group home, but the resources are thin and understaffed, and waiting lists are long. Being a parent of a child who has a slim change to be a contributor to society is my greatest sadness.

It is also what I am here to learn. I am using these two years to become the best yogi I can be. Conductivity should assist greatly in that, along with the intention to handle any particular moment in an open and quiet way, so silence can enter and assist. There I a strong possibility she will again be living with us (preparing for years) and completely change the dynamics in our home, so like a scout, it is best to be prepared!

Congratulations to your daughter! You have always been an amazing father and will continue to be.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2023 :  04:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2023 :  11:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In this conductive body, “active yoga” (weekly asana class, daily pranayama, walking, asana, and tantra) is handled differently than “passive yoga” (SBP, DM, Samyama); passive in the intention of stillness and complete inner surrender. In the beginning of all yoga activity, the intention still is to be quiet and open. As breathing/pranayama begins and the heart rate elevates, there are additional intentions: remaining quiet and present at the center of this body, keeping an erect and open posture, slowing inhales and exhales, and keeping the brain (and as a result my third eye) out of the flows as much as possible. There is an intention to keep thoughts to casual self inquiry (what do I feel today? what do I need right now?), to be the voice of inner guru.

Attention in the head is kept from the gently flared nostrils down on the inhale, gently pursed lips on the exhale. All radiance within this body is encouraged to travel on the breath, through the heart center, off the tongue, through the fingers, palms, and the soles of my feet, and maybe the eyes on a drishti. By allowing the brain to bypass sensations, my yoga becomes simultaneously stimulating, integrating, radiating and grounding The third eye is still wide open (felt) but it is not charged with release, so the brain can ‘just be’. I don’t suffer from brain fog. Even though activity was not directed through the third eye, by the end of class, walk, or sex, bliss is registered on my face and in my mood, and from time to time the crown may twinkle.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 19 2023 04:57:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2023 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you have quite significantly moved away from the baseline SBP then? If I understand you correctly, you are circulating your awareness through your whole body, including your toes, but excepting your brain? Do you have a specific path for your awareness, like a modified spinal nerve?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2023 :  04:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tensor

I reserve SBP for sitting practice as it is powerful at quieting the body in tracing the spine and finding the silence to slip into DM. With eyes closed, in DM, sensation is naturally sucked towards Ajna. In active yoga practices, there is no spine tracing, no closed eyes. With open eyes, the awareness is mostly on the center/core/diaphragm, along with gentle awareness of the nostrils (inhale) and the lips/mouth/tongue (exhale). Staying at the core feels grounding and less chance overwhelming the system by channeling sensation through the head. The third eye, because of the proximity to the mouth and nose, becomes active by proxy, there is not a reliance on it for radiance when heat, heart rate, and sensation increases in the body.

In active yoga practices, it’s easy to imagine the shushumna as a third lung, expanding and contracting in unison with the other two, inviting inside silence out, and sensations that have evolved over the years, less sexual, more expansive in nature, pushing boundaries of the flesh, if the imagination is strong enough

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 19 2023 05:11:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2023 :  3:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! Thanks for clarifying. I haven't yet tried out much active practices. Good inspiration to change that
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2023 :  03:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A pleasant side effect of radiating prana from the hands, the fingers and palms, are the deeper, subtle sensations, aroused through touch, a boost of a sort.. Since most of purification as of late is mostly in this head; for this yogi, there is no better way to start and end a practice than to cleanse my face in my palms, and run fingers across the scalp, maybe press my palms to the neck and support the chin, and the favorite (having overcome cervical spine issues) pressing thumb tips into the base of the skull.

Then in silence, with palms now as a blindfold, there is a drishti in the black if I pause long enough.
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2023 :  12:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently discovered a "new spot" and was I already considering to share it on this forum, after having searched the forum without having found any similar reports. And now, Dogboy, you just posted this experience that also involves the touch of fingers on the head. So I thought I share my discovery here

This is what I found quite accidentally outside of meditation practice when my partner's fingers lightly brushed my forehead: I suddenly experienced enormous bliss deep inside my head, but in addition also closer to the surface, probably in the sinuses. This sensation (which now after its discovery a few weeks ago I get treated to every day ) is probably the most blissful thing (apart from some ayahuasca experiences) I've ever experienced.

The sweet spot is on my forehead along the center line about 1-1.5 inch above the brow ridge. I can't really "do myself": it's still interesting if I touch the spot but far less bliss compared to when my partner touches it. The touch has to be light otherwise it doesn't work, and a somewhat random mix of light brushing and very light tapping. It usually triggers the bliss within seconds.

The intensity of the bliss is maybe similar to getting close to an orgasm, but it's much less ecstatic and much more bliss. And there is no "release", but the bliss plateaus. There is also this sense of dejavu, that I know this sensation very well, that there was once a time when I was in this condition continuously while being bathed in love and warmth and light.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2023 :  10:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tensor,

This is the activation of the ajna chakra. The experiences associated with it will change over time.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2023 :  05:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A major component to a stable conductive life is grounding outdoors on a daily basis, and the reason my activity and health goals involves walking (to keep me disciplined, I track daily activity with a fitness tracker, and on a 300+ day streak of meeting my goals!). After ten years, with eyes closed in SBP, DM, and Samyama, silence and/or sensations come forth without effort. By dedicating time and effort beyond meditation to fostering inner silence and openness with the eyes open, I am discovering the path forward towards 24/7 bliss as outlined in the lessons by Yogani, the promise a gradually unfolding liberation, by exploring this body?s conductivity. The safest way to explore conductivity is in the great outdoors, grounding into Earth and air via radiance: out the palms and fingertips, through the pads of the feet, through the heart/solar center, through all open eyes, and mouth and throat on the exhale of breath.

One of the surprises discovered along the way is how solid this yogi has confirmed this radiant action over time, how this intention has become self fulfilling by its rote employment. Radiance has become a felt experience in conductivity, and daily proof to this yogi that attention to grounding has the added effect of confident inner guru. A study on Placebo Effect really needs only one subject; a theory will either work for them or it won?t they continue to explore the theory if it works or drop it altogether if it doesn?t. The belief that radiance is grounding this yogi seems to make it work. It is now beyond any doing on my part, and proof is in the daily pudding.

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 17 2023 05:37:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2023 :  5:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds wonderful, Dogboy! Enjoy the Radaiance!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2024 :  03:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For many years, until just recently, I used the solar center in DM to locate the mantra, and believe it has contributed to my spiritual stability. (https://www.aypsite.com/plus/368.html). In order to be open to silence and transcending the body, I found it helpful to reduce the body to a single point and gently place attention and the mantra there, experiencing excellent results.

Lately bliss and ecstasy have been daily visitors of mine. Recently in DM, inner guru had me move that attention point up, from the solar center to my tongue, the tip of it to be exact, while I am in ketchari (https://www.aypsite.com/T61.html). Daily, my tongue seems to be a lot more "alive", in asana class, in the quiet moments of the day (driving, walking, watching a movie). My ketchari may be softer, thicker, cautious, or active, and upwardly erect, depending on the sensation within. By putting the mantra and gentle attention there, I am in the neighborhood of the throat, mouth, nostrils, all three eyes, the white noise, the pineal gland, and crown. There is expansiveness. After a few weeks of this, there have been no adverse consequences, though I always keep my antenna up.

The ability to be at a single point has strongly help in surrendering whatever is happening beyond that point. Having moved that point fifteen or so inches higher seems to have lifted me closer to "the source" and in my daily life, closer to my tongue.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000