Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 blog post: When Buddhism Goes Bad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  4:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
https://danlawton.substack.com/p/wh...ism-goes-bad

I find this post interesting; it reminds me of some experiences I've had when trying to learn to meditate and/or use kundalini, prior to finding AYP.

It seems like this person just really over-did the meditation, without using self-pacing.

Any thoughts?

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2023 :  03:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Godslave, thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2023 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Godslave , It's a pretty long article but I looked at the bulk of it. I have heard many stories of people who have experiences like this. I agree with you about the over doing meditation/self pacing issue. On my journey I've had periods of deep anxiety and fear about how intense things have gotten. The path of enlightenment seems to require deconstructing reality to see the Truth. I often think of Platos allegory of the cave. Most cave dwellers are too scared to see Reality. The movie The Matrix speaks to this truth. Not everyone is ready to take the red pill. I have many friends who show interest in spirituality but lack the desire to follow through and there seem to be other people who down a dozen pills. Buddha took things to extreme as did Yogani. We are fortunate to learn from their experimentation if we are open to it but I believe we all want to experience it for ourselves. Meditation, especially how Yogani has set it up seems very safe.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2023 :  9:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply, interpaul . It's nice to hear your perspective.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2023 :  01:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Greetings Godslave, thanks for sharing!

Greetings!
Go to Top of Page

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2023 :  7:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing ,GodSlave!!
Reasl experiences like these actually indicate how impotant self pacing is irrespective of the kind of sadhana one chooses to follow.
Go to Top of Page

rerince

Austria
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2023 :  09:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reminds me of the work of Cheetah House
https://www.cheetahhouse.org/symptoms
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000