Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Ecstatic bliss at night?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2023 :  07:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

For about 4 months now I have been having what I first labelled ‘tremors’ after waking post dream. I wake up , feel light tremors all over and my body kind of seizes up in a lovely, pleasurable feeling. The tremors are now gone and I now wake a couple to several times during the night in almost paralizing pleasure. This started after a vision during meditation where I went inside my rib cage and saw some iron bars being removed from the base of my spine. Is this the nervous system clearing blockages during sleep? I have been having rising energy up the spine pretty much every sit since the vision. I’ve been sitting for around one to two hours for two years and started to have visions & ecstatic experiences after a few months but since the rib cage vision it is more regular. I am doing spinal breathing, sidhisana and samayama.

Many thanks x

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2023 :  6:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drystone, Welcome to the forum. It does sound like a kundalini awakening. The imagery from your dreams is so interesting and possibly symbolic of the removing of blocakges. My kundalini awakening came in a similar fashion in the middle of the night being awakened from sleep to hours of ecstatic waves running up the spine. This spiritual unfoldment process seems to play out differently in everyone, with some common themes. I'm not sure there is a question here other than a request for confirmation that it is real or possibly seeking reassurance nothing bad is happening. As Yogani often says, if you are experiencing discomfort you should self pace. It isn't clear from your post what type of meditation you are doing and how you are doing your practices. 2 hours seems like a long time and if your spinal breathing/sidhasana/samamya is not balanced with meditation you might be creating an in abalance in Shakti over Shiva. If you are doing it right before sleep it may be causal in waking you up.
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2023 :  09:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your reply Interpaul, and the welcome. Yes perhaps I wasn’t clear, I guess I was unaware that blockages would be cleared outside of meditation practice? I had been told by others that the sensations are related to the astral body returning to the physical, but this didn’t seem right to me so yes was seeking confirmation that it was rather kundalini as I expected.

I should have joined this chat months ago when I bought the AYP books but I got side tracked looking for answers on a Gnostic forum which just confused, and scared the be-Jesus out of me. Then I got an email reply out of the blue from Jurgen Zeiwe (author of “Multidimensional Man) who had answered some questions I’d sent him months ago regarding my doubts on Gnosticism, specifically the writings of Sameal Aun Weor (Glorian). Jurgens books really resonated with me, I admired his ‘rational’ style. He’s also a big fan of Yogani. In his email he politely slated SAW’s writings and confirmed my doubts, and my suspicion that everything would unfold naturally with consistent meditation practice. I do however think I learned a lot from my exploration of esoteric Gnosticism, and I believe I went there for a reason, but there’s a lot of fluff, and I prefer rationality. They say in Gnosticism that they are all about ‘Gnosis’ or direct experience, but then throw loads of weird stuff at you to ‘believe’!! So yes I’m glad I’ve finally got on board with you guys! #128522; I think I got attracted to Gnosticism because I was interested in lucid dreaming and astral projection. I have also perceived leaving the body at night a few times but I believe it to be a result of my strict meditation practice rather than the result of any gnostic practices. I now accept that Astral projection is just something that happens as we open up due to diligent practice like Jurgen Zeiwe writes, and I no longer peruse it for the sake of it. I just try to improve my practice.

With regard to my practice it is currently half hour in the morning and an hour before bed. If I get chance I’ll do more in the afternoon as kind of a yogic nap #129315; I can’t seem to sleep during the day but I love to meditate for half hour- an hour. Im currently doing spinal breathing, sambavi, siddhisana and samyama.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2023 :  8:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drystone, Thanks for sharing. I too have had an interest in astral projection, more out of an interest to prove definitively we exist beyond the body. I suspect many people on this forum don't struggle with that doubt but I imagine the majority of the worldly existential angst is directly connected with the fundamental fear of death. I have not explored gnosticism. There seem to be many paths out there. Yogani speaks to me as he is a very rational and practical person. No BS. Not sure if it is a terminology thing but your list of practices don't fall under the traditional meditation as defined in AYP, particularly the mantra based meditation. My understanding/experience is spinal breathing, sambhavi and siddhasana are all energetic practices which increase kundalini flow. If you aren't doing a meditation you may be creating imbalance from an AYP perspective. I do experience blockages clearing outside of my practice. Yogani speaks of many of the ecstatic experiences as being due to friction from our blockages as the prana moves through our system. He suggests as we clear these obstructions the energy flows more smoothly and infuses our body with (ecstatic)bliss. I am coming to see this as a real thing.
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2023 :  08:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul. Yes mediation is the bulk of my practice, the AYP practices listed are done at the start of the mediation (apart from samyama which is done at the end). I understand now that the way my message reads that it looks I only do the individual practices, but no I was just listing the AYP practices i do to complement my meditation. I also practice Qigong and do asanas now and again.

I don’t do the mantra style meditation as I had already been unsing another object during meditation for a year and a half when I found Yoganis books. Yogani suggests that if you have been using an object for a length of time it is best to stick with it rather than digging multiple holes to find water. So I stick with using the darkness behind the eyes as my main object for meditation . I originally started using this object because I used the Sam Harris ‘Waking up’ app. After my first experiences happened I started to gain more interest in ‘all the scenery’ I guess. Then Sam Harris became unhelpful. I started to read up on lucid dreaming, then astral projection. I started to keep a dream diary a year ago, and this has increased my dream recall from remembering dreams 15 nights per month to remembering multiple dreams every night (I’m on a 3 month streak at the moment). I’ve also had several lucid dreams, but am perplexed by the term lucid, as once awakening happens the word gets more complicated. Yes I may know I am dreaming at one point but then my actions in the dreams can seem to be controlled by a pretty unhinged version of ego, or they can take a certain narrative which seems to point to something important. Can of worms…..
My astral projections happened a couple of months ago, but I have not managed to leave the house yet. The first time I was pulled out of body by my feet after noticing that I could pass my hands behind my back whilst I was lying on my back because I was floating, the second time I woke up in an energised state and managed to ‘roll’ out, I started to float towards the ceiling but I demanded to be put down, I then legged it downstairs to try to get outside but was pulled back to my body before I got out. Gutted

I thought to myself that ‘hey this proves the existence of a soul, and that I don’t need my body to be conscious, therefore I am immortal!’ (I was pretty sure I was immortal anyway, having spent years even as a kid being scared of death and trying ti imagine what it would be like to experience ‘being nothing’ . It has just always confused and scared me! However one could take a more rational approach and suggest that the AP experience doesn’t prove anything, it only suggests theories and raises more questions. If I am completely honest with myself and disregard everything I’ve read (it’s only information after all and not direct experience). All I know really is that the phenomenon is possible, that it ‘feels real’ and that I am not dreaming when it happens. This ‘suggests’ the existence of a second body but I have not had this proven to me yet. The experience rather opens us to more questions than answers.

Also on fear of death, I have found the recording of dreams very useful for this. There was a time period where I had many dreams where I knew I was about to die. I suddenly became aware of this and over time began to accept death in a dream and it was always a beautiful indescribable experience. Rather than wake up at the notion of death I would accept it and it was always amazing . Then I started to have APs.

The ecstatic bliss thing is pretty ace, and from my experience is definitely real, but I’m aware that it is not to be obsessed over. However I had a beautiful night of currents in my spine last night omg!

It can be difficult to believe all this magic stuff happening, but our experiences make it undeniable.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  06:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear t.

Welcome to the forums.

I would strongly recommend that you go AYP all the way and start using the Deep Meditation (DM) method found here: https://www.aypsite.org/13.html

A year and a half of meditation is not very long - so it is ok to change your object of meditation. And the AYP DM practice is powerful and effective with many beneficial nuances to it. It can be further enhanced along the way as you progress. It has been well researched and tested by thousands of AYPers and its effects well understood.
Mixing practices from different spiritual paths can have its challenges (unless you are an advanced practitioner who can quickly see the effect of the practices), should you run into trouble, it makes it difficult for us to offer guidance.
It is not clear how long you have started AYP practices but it should be noted that AYP builds up on practices over months and years with some indication as to when you are ready for the next one. I encourage you to start from the first lesson here:
https://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Enjoy your journey and make it a stable & safe one

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  8:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sey,

I did wonder this. I’ll try it out for a few months and see how it goes. I’m assuming the progress I’ve made so far shouldn’t be affected?

Kindest regards

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  10:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I’ll try it out for a few months and see how it goes. I’m assuming the progress I’ve made so far shouldn’t be affected?

Not at all, in fact, once you develop witness and inner silence, along with the discipline of self pacing, you are on liberation highway.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2023 :  2:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul

I was away overseas just recently, and i did my ten mins of pranayama, but was only able to do about five mins of DM. Is there any way ot overcome any negative effects from this at a latr time, or doesit just accumulate or dissipate over time?
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Drystone, Welcome to the forum. It does sound like a kundalini awakening. The imagery from your dreams is so interesting and possibly symbolic of the removing of blocakges. My kundalini awakening came in a similar fashion in the middle of the night being awakened from sleep to hours of ecstatic waves running up the spine. This spiritual unfoldment process seems to play out differently in everyone, with some common themes. I'm not sure there is a question here other than a request for confirmation that it is real or possibly seeking reassurance nothing bad is happening. As Yogani often says, if you are experiencing discomfort you should self pace. It isn't clear from your post what type of meditation you are doing and how you are doing your practices. 2 hours seems like a long time and if your spinal breathing/sidhasana/samamya is not balanced with meditation you might be creating an in abalance in Shakti over Shiva. If you are doing it right before sleep it may be causal in waking you up.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000