Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Rest, overload, and resting as an activity?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2023 :  2:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is it advised, per you AYP practitioners, to rest however long you like? I feel like it is, please give me input.

I have a disregard for unnecessary 'dualistic information/grounding' nowadays. I find that the best activity I can do when sufficiently grounded is to just rest...even for hours. It makes relevant thoughts(Samskar) fall into place and if I rest beyond 5-15 minutes depending on the state, I get a clear nearly constant witness state that relaxes me like never before. My resting is done in meditation posture, meeting the thoughts, specifically returning to knowing that I'm being with the thoughts...that is not a meditation as there is no specific object, perhaps mindfulness??

For instance, all I ask is that I would like to rest at least 30 more minutes per day. Perhaps before meditation in evenings.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2023 :  05:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Will,

I get the impression that you are now moving into the field of relational Self-Inquiry. This kind of resting can take place anytime, anywhere if you have sufficient abiding Inner Silence (Being /Self) to release all and move into That.

And in answer to your question - yes, you can rest as long as you want to. However, meditation on Awareness has Awareness has the object and is still meditation and I find (in my current phase) if I stay in that state too long, it becomes too much. I have to go out into activity.

Hope that is helpful.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2023 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wil,

Not all forms of meditation have an object. There is an objectless form of meditation, which is called the "passive awareness technique". This is used in AYP as a possible alternative to mantra meditation, for people experiencing too much purification from the mantra, and too much purification from using the breath as an object. It is described in lesson addition 367.4:

Addition 367.4 - Passive Awareness Technique for Very Sensitive Meditators

If you are verging on using the passive awareness technique, and you use it too much, you will know, because of symptoms of energetic overload. If that happens, then you can cut back on your practice times accordingly and engage more in grounding praticies.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2023 :  8:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi and Sey.

I will beware and continue my extended rest and keep an eye on the fire.

Sey, it Makes me hopeful that you call it relational self inquiry. I’m in a dance between wheter or not i have Discrumination regarding dualism and no. Dualism :)
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2023 :  04:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I’m in a dance between wheter or not i have Discrumination regarding dualism and no. Dualism

Just keep dancing
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  3:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
I’m in a dance between wheter or not i have Discrumination regarding dualism and no. Dualism

Just keep dancing

By now I should be good at dancing, but I'm not
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2023 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As Maharishi Mahesh Yogi said in one of his videos years ago, "maybe a little more meditation"?
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2023 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kensbikes100

As Maharishi Mahesh Yogi said in one of his videos years ago, "maybe a little more meditation"?

What do you mean? More meditation for me?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000