Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Ishta Deuta , mantra and bhakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  3:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys,
I just have some question about having different Personal God or trying to communicate with different gods during our spiritual journey.
So my 1st Ishta deuta was Shree Ganesh who is my Gurudev. During my search for ishta deuta I made Shiva as my pita dev and Vishnu/Krishna is Priya dec but finally decided of Lord Ganesh.
Gurudev gave lot of insights of experience which I feel I don't deserve yet I got it easily.
I got premature awaking after meditating for 2 month and then after I had the nightmarish but enlightening experience of near death my life changed and Gurudev led me the way.
So after few months I got lost in regular life and also lost the natural experience of Kundalini. So 3 years ago , I started listening to Advaiata Vedanta from Sarvapriynanda from YouTube. It gave all the knowledge that I needed. It's like I already have a road map and now just need to walk the spiritual path steadily. So I then learned about RamaKrishna and thus changed my Ishta to Kali.She is my Matadevi,my mother. I was not able to visualize or connect to Mata like my Gurudev but still continued her bhakti.. Later I read that Kali is relentless and can destroy or ego and Ashura without hesitation. So I started getting scared as I have very bad earthly habits. I felt that I am not fit enough to worship Mahakali.
So 6 months ago I went back to Nepal for few months.I regained my enthusiasm to spirituality and talked with my Uncle who has been practicing spirituality for about 38 years approx. He told me Your Ishta Deuta will act the way you project it. So if you think Kali is a loving mother then she will be loving and bless us and kill or ego with mercy. I was clear now but relentlessly decided to go later back to Shree Ganesh.
I have strongly connected with my Gurudev again and now can be in the witnessing self if I remember to do it while doing earthly actions.
Now, I have come across Tantra and Shiva Shakti Dynamism in Kashimiri Saivism. Now I want to try all the methods that is available. So I remember before when I did different mantra of different Gods, the experience would differ . Is that really the case?
Are Shiva anda Vishnu different power of Bramin and powered by Shakti?
We're the avatar of Shiva and vishnu in this earth from a different manifestation or power?
As in Krishna was a real human who was labeled as avatar of Vishnu which I believe to be true. Similarly there are stories of Shiva who manifested in this earth but with a human body ??? So are these avatar really different avatars of aspect of Supreme?
Similarly, the Shakti, Kali , Durga..Are they different entities? or ascoect of Mahashakti?
Do you guys experience different meditation if u try different maha mantra of the hundu God?
Can anyone explain please.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2022 :  06:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear iseekbalance,

The Guru is in you and that teacher will appear in whatever form you decide to give it. The form (the Avatar) of your chosen ideal arises out of your desire and mind. That does not make them any less real though, as real as this world. They are useful in that they give us a point of focus for our Bhakti. Eventually, we leave them behind as we progress to states of unity.

At least, this is my conclusion drawn from experiencing different ideals over the years.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2022 :  11:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey,
I talked with my Uncle last night who is a very advanced practioner and mostly does karma yoga. He told me you should always believe that you Ishta Deuta is also the Nirgipalka Bhrahmin. I had not thought that way before so when I did my ishta sahdana and I thought My Ishta Deuta is also the Brahmin...And I have to say I had more intense and bliss experience..Normally I take it as the Ishta are personal God and they guide us to the ultimate. I did feel that the perception told my uncle is incredible.
Also, logically I feel that it is true and also in Hindusim Ganesh also have different Types and the Maha Ganesh also represent the one. Peace my friend.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000