Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Different school of Tantra and what do we follow?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2022 :  3:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I have just come across some information about Kashmiri savisim and it's really attractive to me. I was also exposed to Tantra, as its one of the way for the ultimate experience or knowledge. Can't believe there are schools who have sex to initiate a person. Nothing negative but really surprised. Also the Chakra are important in Tantra. Following Aypsite I just focus on my 1st and 6th Chakra sometimes but never tried to focus on a particular Chakra for long time.
Yesterday when I did my gurudev mantra in my meditation session and tried also focusing ok the third eye and the Lord Ganesha images and visuals were more clear which was emotional and fun.
So I just wanted to if anyone has link or can tell me all the schools in Tantra. And what kind of Tantra practices or philosophy do yogani tech us here.
I am not a advanced ayp practioner so never touched that lesson. I moved to bhakti and advaitic meditation. I can consciously be in the witnessing self anytime but always forget when I am in my normal earthly activities.
Thanks guys.

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 30 2022 09:46:12 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2022 :  11:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

Tantra is a very broad subject which includes a long history and many different schools. Tantra spread from India to the North, to Tibet, China and Japan and to the East to Burma and Vietnam. It also spread to the West, to Pakistan, Afghanistan and Persia. Even within India, there were many schools.

Because it was so broad, it is very difficult even to say what Tantra is, although some have tried. One common theme is that Tantrik schools focussed more on bringing yoga to the masses, rather than just the renunciates. Tantra also does not exclude sexual practices, whereas many yogic schools encourage celibacy, especially for the monastics. Tantric schools also often rely less heavily on restraints and observances (yamas and niyamas) and rely more on people's spiritual practices leading naturally to right conduct, guided by love and compassion. Many Tantik schools use mantras as a vehicle for awakening, and use specific techniques to purify the subtle nervous system, and bring about the awakening of kundalini. Tantrik schools also use various forms of spinal breathing and pranayama. Some are advaitic (non-dual) and some are dvaitic (dual).

As you will see, by reading through the Main and Tantra lessons on this website, AYP is a Tantrik school. AYP is unusual, because no initiation is required. Also, no secrecy is required, which is another thing found amongst many Tantrik schools.

So, the easy answer to the question of what kind of Tantra practices and philosophy does Yogani teach us, is: "everything he teaches is Tantrik". If you have not yet read Yogani's lessons on Tantra, or his book on Tantra, I would recommend you doing that. The Tantra lessons cover Tantrik sexual practices, but they also discuss the broader aspects of Tantra and how everything we do is Tantrik.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2022 :  3:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi.
I am going to look into these lessons.
I am from Nepal so all the artifacts and stories in Tantras are very cultural thing ro me and now I know all its important. I remember the Kaal Bhairav near Hanuman Dhoka and I never realized it's significance.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2022 :  7:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

I began my spiritual studies in Nepal, when I was 19 years old, in a Tantric Mahayana Buddhist monastery in Solu Khumbu. It was in the Nyingmapa lineage. I have a lot of fond memories of Nepal and its people.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2022 :  5:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Wow that's awesome. Where are you from really?
My wife is a tibetian Buddhist although she is not to intrested in spirituality. I had no idea tibetian Buddhist also have tantric practices and also worship lord shiva and other hindu gods. It's really interesting. I plan to also acknowledge the Shakti side coming from advaita vedanta. So I have started doing so hum mantra after my Ishta mantra and then lastly I do advaitic meditation followed by 5 mins rest and open my eyes.
I am feeling nostalgic about 12 years ago when I had kundalini awakening. I can now stay witnessing self more in normal life because the Shakti energy has started moving again. I am not going to ignore like I did last time. I don't want to lose it ever again the feeling of kundalini flowing through. It makes being in witnessing self much easier and natural
Sometimes I think all the jevan mukta would have awakened kundalini even if they are strict advaita person but ya I am not sure about this.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  06:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear iseekbalance,

Your desire to rekindle kundalini experiences you had previously and that you are seeking practices to get you back on the spiritual path is a good thing. If I may add some advice:
- Yogani stresses that seeking in many places and doing random practices from one system to another is never a good idea unless one is a well-established long-term meditator with clear sight on the results of each technique. "Don't dig holes all over the garden trying to hit water, keep digging the well in one place" - Yogani's words are along that line.
Basically, stick to one practice system

- Raising Kundalini is only one aspect to the enlightenment process, the other and most important aspect is the cultivation of Inner Silence. This is done through meditation. Overly focusing on practices that will stimulate kundalini could lead to you to a lot of trouble with energetic overload. Meditation is the counter-balance.

I wish you joy on your path

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2022 :  11:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Christi,
Wow that's awesome. Where are you from really?

Hi iseekbalance,

I grew up in the U.K. and still live there.

It sounds like you are getting on the right track with your spiritual path.

Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2022 :  3:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey and Christi.
I have stopped doing pranyama like taught here.
I just do my mantra of my Gurudev and then advaitic meditation by contemplating on the words "Asanga Sat Chit Ananda Saprava Deutawarchita" and then try to know who is actually witnessing. Kundalini energy is just flowing naturally without being overbearing and I feel like it is way easier to stay in witnessing shelf when kundalini is active. I am also really researching Tantra and specially kali mata. I changed my Ishta deuta from Ganesh to Mahakali but started overthinkiing and sometimes feared Kali mata. I have come back to ganesha and now have realized that there is difference in doing bhakti to Kali mata and envoking her with actual mantra which requires a physical guru or invitation of some sorts.
I am really not too interested in Visuals and never had many. I would love to have it for experience but main goal is to stay with bliss and also motivate and educate people that spirituality is real.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000