Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Nighttime “teachings”
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zaelithe

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2022 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings all. Over the few years I have been with AYP I have received excellent advice from from the community (which I have gratefully taken) that has enabled me to come to know and handle my own energy system. I am sensitive to practices and energy moves easily in me so I have always to be careful of overload issues. That said, following self-pacing advice has given me the ability to quickly know when things are getting too lively and scale back.
I also have understood that it is not just stopping practices that matters but also not reading or listening to spiritual topics when I am approaching overload.

So, with all this is mind, I wanted to bring to the forum something that I have noticed occurring each time I stop practices for self-pacing purposes. When I am not actively practicing I begin to get ‘night teachings’ - these are not like dreams, they are not visual in nature but follow a narrative form. They are accompanied by high flows of energy (wakes me up) which can be ecstatic or more vibrational with fast heart beat for a while. If I had been reading stuff I might think it was the mind processing what I had read, but this occurs when I am actively avoiding spiritual literature. The ‘teachings’ are often concise and powerful but I struggle to remember them in the morning when they come in the middle of the night. Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas about it or what I might do with such a phenomenon - is it something to be expected and is there anything I should try to do with it? All answers gratefully received!
Blessings,
Z

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2022 :  07:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Z,

I have experienced initiation and Kriya Techniques from SriYukekswar in a similar manner. For the initiation part and teachings - I can only remember the "question and answer" session and "burning in fire" clearly and it happened as soon as I layed down to sleep at night, over 3 nights. As for the practical techniques, it happened during 'wide-awake' the sitting sessions.
It was too much for me in the end I gave up Kriya and stuck to AYP.
So yes, it is very possible to get teachings in the night. If you don't consciously remember them, then be grateful to the unknown Teacher (the Guru is always in us, anyway) and don't worry about it.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Zaelithe

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2022 :  8:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply Sey, it is interesting to hear of your experience. You knew the source of the teachings you were receiving, but I haven’t a clue. However, as you say, perhaps best to be grateful and not worry about it. I am certain that I would discern if they were in anyway unwholesome and that is certainly not the feeling I get nor the energy that accompanies them.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2022 :  11:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zaelithe,

Yes. Like Sey and you, I have had many experiences.The experience is what needs to be known/remembered will come at the moment/situation/circumstance it's needed.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000