Enlightenment Milestones
 Dream and Shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2022 :  10:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Good evening,

Since the beginning of my spiritual journey, I have been taking notes of my dreams in a little handbook on my bedside. I began the reading of my handbook yesterday, and found the follwing, written approximately a year ago:
« An indian master appeared, he was tattooed in a very odd way. I sat next to him while he demonstrated how big and impressive his voice were. He took my wrist an talked to me about « Vita ». At that very moment i felt something flowing through me. It made me feel extremely powerful ».
The next days i have had some very lucid dreams, in which i were flying. Although my daily life reamined unchanged, with no experience in particular.

I recently (a few weeks ago) firstly heard of shaktipat, and never did before. Could it be that I received shaktipat during my sleep ? I’m not guided by any guru or religion, all I follow is the AYP lessons. Has it ever happened to anyone ?

I’m sending love, right from my heart. Niels

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2022 :  11:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Niels
quote:
Originally posted by Niels Jacob
Could it be that I received shaktipat during my sleep ? I’m not guided by any guru or religion, all I follow is the AYP lessons. Has it ever happened to anyone ?

Yes, it's very possible to receive shaktipat in your sleep. Energy is all around us, is us, and it's very possible to get connected to an energy source in your sleep.

Love from the heart to you too
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2022 :  03:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have awoken repeating the mantra, or buzzing with bliss. A lot of purification can happen in sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2022 :  7:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answers,
I didn’t expect it in any form. This is for me the proof that something good can happen, even if you don’t have the knowledge of it. Don’t know if it makes sense to you, but tu me it does.
I wish the whole world could receive it. Love, Niels
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2022 :  01:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Niels,

There is a long tradition in yoga of receiving teachings and shaktipat in sleep. Some spiritual teachers interpret dreams as a mark of the student's readiness to receive certain teachings. With a stable meditation practice, clear awareness remains while we sleep, which opens the possibility of spiritual practices and other things during sleep. It is a good sign. Best wishes for your journey!
Go to Top of Page

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2022 :  10:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Niels Jacob,

I had a revelation a few hours ago about the meaning of your dream. It means the beginning of your walk into self realization under a guru.

The man's tattoos represent the spiritual experiences, attainments and realization that he has had. They were odd because your current view of self-realization is different. Your initial point of view was you can realise 'your self' in you. But the tattoes show you that you are about to walk on the path of a realization of 'the self' that the guru has realised.

He shows you how big and strong his voice is, symbolising self-realisation with the aim of teaching others as well. You are sitting next to him and he teaches you, symbolising the guru-chela relationship. Shaktipat is the establishment of a chela in the body and flow of the guru's energy current. His aim is for you to realize what he has come to realize and to as well teach it to others.

There was no apparent physical change in your life because the event has not happened. Once it happens, you will experience both an inward and outward transformation. But as always, free will.

Edited by - Aknaton on May 01 2022 08:06:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - May 01 2022 :  9:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Aknaton, Thank you for sharing me your thoughts. I thought until then i was self-guided on this path, driven by my own bakhti alone. You tell me that someone else could be my guru. I haven’t tried reconnecting with him, because I felt his presence only one time. Anyway it makes sense, I will go in that direction now, and keep on with my daily practices. I wish what you say is true !
Niels
Go to Top of Page

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - May 02 2022 :  08:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure thing Niel,

I too dream about gurus at various points in time. This helps me to advance in my daily practice so as not to experience stagnation. I came to find that aligning with a guru allows us to destroy more of our ego-self in order to more clearly perceive and fully unlock the hidden I AM, the guru in us.

I couldn't progress without having to shed more and more of my ego-self through a guru as a guru function's like a mirror with our ideal image reflected on it, and we learn to leave self behind inorder to conform to that image, so you can imagine shedding off all that you have learned, practiced and come to attain to be seen as nothing before the guru.

We need as much help as we can get along the way, and I believe that each guru that the I AM presents to us has a part to play in unlocking the him/her/it unfolding in us. It would surprise you what the ayp practice can do for you once you've allowed the various levels of unlocking and unsheathing the guru in you. If we do not succeed in unlocking the your next level once you have exhausted it, you will experience repetetive results and eventually get bored. It's fairly common.

When I came to know ayp practices back in 08, inner stillness, bliss and ecstatic conductivity and all the other experiences were my norm. I kind of felt that the rising of energy from root to spine was an awakening, but when I encountered one of my old gurus, he told me that that is not a kundalini awakening; that is just a movement of energy. He later attuned me and showed me how I can awaken the chakras and raise the energy from chakra to chakra in a controllable manner and you can use the chakras at will.

I started with the muladhara, then went on to the swadhistana and then the manipura. Each centre in my own experience has an expression in consciousness. For example, when I turn on my root chakra, I feel comfortable, large, stable, like an elephant, lol. The energy expresses itself through an open chakra in consciousness.

Then when I got to the heart chakra, that took another guru (that I dreamt about, lol) to teach me that expression of energy through self and as consciousness is not it, I've got to awaken the I AM, the guru in me and be obedient to him/her/it. The key to unlocking the heart chakra I have found is through humility. The open heart chakra, raising the energies there and experiencing heart based consciousness is one thing, but awakening the I AM in the heart is another thing. I am currently at the heart.

I wonder what lies in store in the future and I am willing and ready.

Om shanti Niels

Edited by - Aknaton on May 02 2022 11:14:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 03 2022 :  06:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Niels,

I have interacted with several masters who are "out of body" but more prominently with SriYukteswar and Jesus. I was not even asleep

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000