Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Will ayp help me enjoy the mundane?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reality11

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2022 :  4:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has ayp helped you enjoy the mundane aspects of life? I'm struggling with the monotony of my day to day. Work stress is also beginning to affect me. Sometimes I indulge in cannabis and psychedelics and I can feel the world become so colorful and wonderful. When I come back down so sobriety, the world once again becomes such a dread.

It's been a while since I've been able to revisit ayp. The past years I've been following other spiritual disciplines on and off without much success.

Yogani uses the word bliss frequently. On this forum, I read of many people who claimed to have attained a constant state of bliss and ecstasy. Is this the fruit of following ayp practices? In the past, I've done ayp for several months but without seeing results of bliss and ecstasy I lost the motivation to go on.

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2022 :  6:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As you have experienced, the drugs are not dealing with your inner troubles, just distracting you from the issue.. Only by examining the roots of your feelings (monotony, dread, the desire to chase experiences, loss of motivation) will you be free of these troubles, through therapy or inner work such as a disciplined meditation practice.

In regards to AYP, this program will promote clarity, over time, via the rise of witnessing (your thoughts, actions, patterns, feelings, responses, etc) and the rise of your inner silence opens your interior blockages in your neurobiology, (possibly) resulting with bliss as a side effect of an ongoing process. Bliss is not the end game, it is an indicator you are purifying at an accelerated level. In time these localized sensations of bliss transmute into “stillness in action” and right living. Realizing attachments and learning to surrender them (the action of Samyama) are part of the journey. Dropping questions into a deep well of inner silence (self-inquiry) can provide a clarified perspective, an understanding of your inner dynamics, and relief from the trap of thoughts vying to steal your attention from true, substantive action.

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 18 2022 7:16:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2022 :  8:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back, reality11

One thing is certain: taking psychedelics will lead to the world becoming "a dread" because you are messing up with the reward system in your brain.

quote:
Originally posted by reality11
Yogani uses the word bliss frequently. On this forum, I read of many people who claimed to have attained a constant state of bliss and ecstasy. Is this the fruit of following ayp practices? In the past, I've done ayp for several months but without seeing results of bliss and ecstasy I lost the motivation to go on.

"Seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"
Several months is nothing on the spiritual path. If you fall off the track so soon, that is not really seeking.

Try again. And again. For as long as it takes. That is seeking.

The good new is: You're back
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000