Enlightenment Milestones
 Paradox of Non-duality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  04:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the five years of the advent of ecstatic conductivity (2017), I have delighted in the way arousal has given me daily clarity on what is happening inside my body, how by simple attention, strong intention, and “just being in silence and sensations” I am able dissolve beyond the limits of my skin. My Bhakti is the desire in this lifetime to arrive at the state of non-duality, where there is the promise of a knowing of no separation of inside/outside, a true knowing of I am That. Everyday I ruminate in paradox, of doing and not doing simultaneously, of attaching to intention or not, of practice playing out in discipline and desire, and the feeling it is all in my hands, and that it is not. My inward state at times is a chaos of colored vapors and a surrendering to undulating timeless sensation, and in the swirling there is the knowledge that to open my eyes is to break the spell. Until there is non duality, the eyes cannot simultaneously look all ways, inside and out, and in between. I am not yet equipped for That, and I can only get there by trying, or not.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  12:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dogboy,

quote:
..knowing no separation between inside/outside... a true knowing that I am That

I just wanted to confirm that - yes. The joy that I felt was missing in my last "progress" report is becoming more evident - in the sense that I would just burst out laughing. Everything is fun.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  5:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am reminded of a description I once read of how blind people see, "like what you see behind your head". There are many elusive things in life. Experiencing non duality seems analogous to developing the capacity for relational self inquiry. You have tasted it many times it's just not "abiding" at this point. Whether one can truly navigate this world 24/7 in a non dual state is something you will only know if that gift flows from your practices. I say delight in your arousal and only "just being in silence and sensations".
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  5:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's reports like these that help keep me enticed. Thank you for sharing your bhakti, Dogboy
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2022 :  02:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
the eyes cannot simultaneously look all ways, inside and out, and in between. I am not yet equipped for That, and I can only get there by trying, or not.

Thank you friends Most of current purification is happening in my skull and all about my thousand-petal lotus; sambhavi mudra automatic, my eyes writhe like earthworms on strings. I have strong memories from childhood involving eyesight: one is of lying face up on the backseat of Dad’s car, staring at the fabric on the ceiling. After staring for a minute, I could make the dot pattern separate from the background and jump forward. The other was in Catholic elementary school. I willed my eyes to lose focus so Sister Ann became a floating blob of black and white. Of course, there were staring contests, first to blink loses, and times peripheral vision melted away.

Interpaul, I enjoyed your blind man observation, so true having to look inward, “seeing” through sound, smell, and touch. The eyes are neighbors to the pituitary gland and the crown, and we rely on them to navigate space and perceptions of our physical world, Inner guru advises me to be playful with sight and to allow the eyes to be a tool in my quest to build my spiritual body.

One way I use my eyes in yoga is as a release valve, especially in asana class when my “inner winds can really blow”. I pick a drishti in the room, and gently lifting my brows, I expel excess energy as a laser beam, and because I believe, there is relief. (Grounding can be found in a strong imagination).

Another practice is to be heavy lidded (perceiving the eyelashes) to cut external input, eyes are both open and closed (paradox!) and inside/outside sight is balanced between light and dark. I use this often when holding an asana pose, sometimes in SBP, and always in rest after DM. Another eye practice is the Cyclops, when you bring your face close to a mirror, until your eyes become one, and then reside in silence and sensations while you peer down the tunnel into your pituitary gland. The whole purpose of a mirror is the ability to perceive your inside and outside simultaneously.

Still another fun way is to face the sun and close your eyes, and allow yourself to be the light.

It is all speculation how one’s sight changes (or not) in non duality. I am apt to believe navigating the world as “enlightened” would not be a problem at all. I speculate that all the bliss we are currently experiencing in our conductive bodies is due to the fact that we are works in progress, that it takes a lot of time and energy to coax a thousand petals to open. I am guessing the bliss transmutes, becomes an outpouring of love and clarity, just as Yogani promised.

quote:
Another practice is to be heavy lidded (perceiving the eyelashes) to cut external input, eyes are both open and closed (paradox!) and inside/outside sight is balanced between light and dark.

I forgot to add an important step: find a drishti to settle on in the dark half (for me it is a swirling wormhole), the light entering enlivens the dark, and doesn’t compete.

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 09 2022 5:03:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2022 :  07:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dogboy,

Whatever you're speculating, it's not it.
Cracking up over this because I speculated a lot too and others were saying - whatever you are imagining, it's not it.

In good fun,

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2022 :  01:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sey I always welcome a good laugh !
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2022 :  2:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oof course, sight is not exclusive to the eyes. When she was little, one of my daughters used to say "I see it in my mind" to point to remembrance of places and people. We can see in our mind from any place and time if we allow it and when it is enough purification. At the beginning we might still use the body as a reference point, and see from behind, or from the side, or from above. In time there is no holding back to the body place in time or space.

To a fun journey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2022 :  03:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Blanche

I guess understanding non-duality is like trying to understand the value of the irrational number Pi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi)., a 3, followed by a decimal and then an infinite string of numbers representing its fractional value. Duality is like the 3 , rational and easy enough to understand (in fact, can be counted on one hand). The decimal represents the shushumna (and/or the mind) the object that stands between rational and the irrational, never ending part of us that cannot be fully known, or contained, while one is stuck to the left of the decimal

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2022 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, you are taking things much further. Seeing independent of body and its location is much simpler. Nothing fancy. It does make me think about the fact that Indian sages were called "rishi" = "seer" probably for this reason.

As about inexpressible things , I do not know if we ever understand non-duality, if "understanding" is a process of the mind. We do know non-duality - we always know it at least in part because we are non-duality. So maybe we could call that "knowing by being?" Poet needed to express the ineffable Enjoying your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2022 :  1:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You must be! I never seen you use so many emojis in a post before!
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  06:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well my main philosophy is Advaita Vedanata but bhakti is equally important. From my experience what I can say that sadhana I did following Yogani help my nervous system open up.Evrything makes sense to me. You are Sat chit ananda. This is the truth. But is this your reality? If not why not?
You are the one who is doing this spiritual practices. You are aware 24/7 but do u realize that in deep sleep or daily life where u have to do earthly activities?
From my understanding, you need to know this fact and it has to be real for you always. Not just when you meditate. So I am in the stage where I can easily be in witnessing self even doing normal earthly activities. But I have lot of bad habits and my core patterns are still tamasic so I can't retain that experience for a long time. So where are you on this stage?

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 23 2022 1:36:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  08:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok - let's talk about sleep, deep sleep. Falling asleep is very different from previously. I can no longer tell when I have "fallen asleep". I am just there. When I am ready to sleep, I kind of release whatever bit of my Awareness that was contracted and containing my body into expanded State.
When my alarm goes off in the morning, I look at the time and often feel confused. I feel like I was asleep for just a few minutes. However, if I close my eyes for that last 5 - 10 mins, the memory of the whole length of the sleep period comes back and I open my eyes again to feeling I had a "good night sleep".

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

You might find this lesson useful if you have not seen it already:

Lesson 213 - Conscious Sleeping

And this lesson addition:

Addition 213.1 - More on Witnessing Sleep

Christi
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  1:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Ok - let's talk about sleep, deep sleep. Falling asleep is very different from previously. I can no longer tell when I have "fallen asleep". I am just there. When I am ready to sleep, I kind of release whatever bit of my Awareness that was contracted and containing my body into expanded State.
When my alarm goes off in the morning, I look at the time and often feel confused. I feel like I was asleep for just a few minutes. However, if I close my eyes for that last 5 - 10 mins, the memory of the whole length of the sleep period comes back and I open my eyes again to feeling I had a "good night sleep".

Sey

You Certainly are much experienced than me. I have yet to have a concious Lucid Dream. Now I do feel that i have been aware at deep sleep but not sure .. So a question? Can you wake up your body from deep sleep whenever you want to?
Coz I think I am aware in Deep sleep but If I try to wake my body, It wakes up as if I was never asleep. So I myself am confused with this, haha

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 23 2022 2:47:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, Glad to hear you've been moving in a positive direction in your practices. Blanche had shared a link to an interview she did in which she described very similiar sleep experiences. I have had moments when I am present and "awake" only to find my wife poking me to tell me to stop snoring. It is quite interesting to be so present, and feel awake, yet be told you've been asleep. It seems the real journey is of awakening from this deep sleep we all confuse with "reality".
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  02:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Sey, Glad to hear you've been moving in a positive direction in your practices. Blanche had shared a link to an interview she did in which she described very similiar sleep experiences. I have had moments when I am present and "awake" only to find my wife poking me to tell me to stop snoring. It is quite interesting to be so present, and feel awake, yet be told you've been asleep. It seems the real journey is of awakening from this deep sleep we all confuse with "reality".

Hi Paul,
Would you say you can instantly get out of deep sleep like u were never asleep?
I am just curious if this is true... Coz I am not sure if I was aware in deep sleep.
I have been aware of me myself snoring but coz of the fact I can physically wake up instantly if I want to...I feel like that was not deep sleep... So please help me understand what being aware in deep sleep feels like.
Thank you my Friend.

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 24 2022 03:25:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  12:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you can wake your body in deep sleep - it is somewhat harder to get your eyes to open though than if you were in REM sleep. I have had times when my eyes refuse to open.

I am getting quite sophisticated with my dream sleep.
I have had an episode where I was having a rather boring dream, so just as I would with a video on my phone, I pinched to minimize the dream screen, flicked through my memories to one I wanted to dream about, maximized that screen and continued dreaming merrily.
Outrageous, right?

Sey

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Iseekbalance, I do not have access to this siddhi Sey, Blanche and others describe. My only experience has been in that transition, I believe they call it the hypnogogoic state when one is falling off to sleep. I feel alert as if I am awake but this state is clearly more complicated as noted by my wife telling me to stop snoring. It is also a state of creativity.
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2022 :  03:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How can I talk with this person..Is he a member in this forum. I am just really curious and being aware in deep sleep is the thing I want to practice for spiritual growth. Thanks my man for the reply @interpaul
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2022 :  03:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Iseekbalance, I do not have access to this siddhi Sey, Blanche and others describe. My only experience has been in that transition, I believe they call it the hypnogogoic state when one is falling off to sleep. I feel alert as if I am awake but this state is clearly more complicated as noted by my wife telling me to stop snoring. It is also a state of creativity.

OMmmmGggggggg
That's so coolllllllll
So let me get this right... We can instantly wake up from deep sleep physically? If so I might have been aware in deep sleep.

Ultimate goal is to have a concious everyday lucid dream so as to follow some Tibetian Buddhist practice I want to explore.
I could only lucid dream using the "looking at the hand " method where look at ur hands and fingures in real life and question if this is real or dream world.. Slowly u will get a dream where u look at ur hand and in dreams..u can't see ur hand like u see in this realm... I saw I had 20 fingers, or stretchy hand and then realized this is a dream and became lucid.

Can u lucid dream consciously?
I want tonmeditate during lucid dream.. I did it once.haha
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2022 :  04:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Iseekbalance, I think you've misunderstood my message. This state is one of I haven't achieved. It's not part of the AYP teachings or at least not a focus Yogani has shared. You might get more information on these experiences from others who have had them. When you ask "how can I talk to this person?" not sure who you are referring to. You should be able to send a message to any member directly by looking them up or just clicking on their name on a post and it gives you an option to message them directly. Hope that helps. Feel free to message me as well if you have questions you think I can answer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000