Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Contemplating Meditation Practise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2021 :  11:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a theory which may not be correct ,but i kinda wonder if some incarnations, we are just NOT meant to focus on our 'inner world's' and maybe from past lifetimes we have done this, and this lifetime is meant to be more focused and active in the outer world?

Just thnking it seems to be more in one's nature either to be highly disciplined and focused with meditation practise and for others, like me, its not meant to be so focused on this lifetime round

Any comments?

alain

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2021 :  3:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What guides you? What makes you do what you do? You can follow your will or you can follow your instinct. Which is right? Both? Neither? Who knows for sure? What we do for yourself and others is often driven by our fears and desires and the result is often a disaster. When we are motivated by inner silence the results are often overlooked as ordinary events.
Nobody can tell you what to do, you will ultimatly be free, if not in this life, then the next, but why not this one?
The guru is in you
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2021 :  10:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SD, I wonder when one has a thought about something like this where it comes from. Is this an inner knowing or a fear. Yogani's teachings seem to be focused on the outer world. Commiting to twice daily meditation and then going out into the world to share your love is a repeated theme. After many decades on this planet I felt like there had been no new progress. When I started AYP it gave me a way to go deeper which has forced me to deal with the outside world more. I look at these practices a little like exercise. Athletes go to the gym to strengthen their bodies so they will be better able to perform on the field. We can consider our practices inner exercise which hopefully gives us the capacity to engage more intensly out there. If you truly sense this inner work is a distraction for you then maybe it is time to spend more time out there.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2021 :  06:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear SD,

You are only ready for meditation practices when you are ready. Most people are not. However, like Interpaul says, meditation actually prepares you for an active daily life. It is not about going off to a cave in the Tibet somewhere, not for us householders, and AYP has been designed for active living. In fact if Deep Meditation is carrying you too much into introspection, it is a sign that you need to self-pace.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2022 :  2:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear SD,

You are only ready for meditation practices when you are ready. Most people are not. However, like Interpaul says, meditation actually prepares you for an active daily life. It is not about going off to a cave in the Tibet somewhere, not for us householders, and AYP has been designed for active living. In fact if Deep Meditation is carrying you too much into introspection, it is a sign that you need to self-pace.

Sey

Hi Sey

I seem to be ready so many times round, until I'm not. Here I am again. READY! :-)

Moderator note: Edited for formatting only
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2022 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks InterPaul and Alain. Most helpful
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2022 :  01:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SD,

It's funny hay, Meditation is meant to be a beautiful experience that transports us into a state of blissful experience of existence, and this is true, however, everyone's journey is unique to themselves, and everyone's unique experience comes as a result of what makes them who they are, and no two people are the same, so the unfoldment of Spiritual progression is unique to each s#257;dhaka, and as such each persons journey is different from everyone else's, now just because you are experiencing something different to others doesn't mean that what you are experiencing is wrong, it's just different from what you think is what you should be experiencing...

It would be beneficial to know if you are experiencing any strange changes in your life that you are struggling to understand?

In love,

Yogabuzz
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2022 :  3:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Yogabuzz108

Hi SD,

It's funny hay, Meditation is meant to be a beautiful experience that transports us into a state of blissful experience of existence, and this is true, however, everyone's journey is unique to themselves, and everyone's unique experience comes as a result of what makes them who they are, and no two people are the same, so the unfoldment of Spiritual progression is unique to each s#257;dhaka, and as such each persons journey is different from everyone else's, now just because you are experiencing something different to others doesn't mean that what you are experiencing is wrong, it's just different from what you think is what you should be experiencing...

It would be beneficial to know if you are experiencing any strange changes in your life that you are struggling to understand?

In love,

Yogabuzz

HiYogabuzz108

To your question and apologies for such a tardy reply! Yes 2022 have been lots of changes. If you refer to these changes as maybe the reason why i am haphazard with my meditation proactise, i would surmise to say I dont think so. Only because since learning meditation about 33 years ago now its been an on again, off again love affair :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000