Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Ecstatic conductivity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2021 :  6:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was reading about a form of meditation known as Vipassana where pepple who were practicing it , experienced flow of current from top of their head towards the lower part of the body. The meditators were able to achieve this state after 10 days of retreat ( claimed ). Is there anyone here who has practiced this form of meditation and therefore can shed some light on the matter?
If whats stated earlier is true ,does that mean that this flow of current is same as ecstatic conductivity and signifies that the primordial energy has got activated? Or is it just flow of prana?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2021 :  11:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperMonk

quote:
Originally posted by SuperMonk
does that mean that this flow of current is same as ecstatic conductivity and signifies that the primordial energy has got activated? Or is it just flow of prana?
Well, ecstatic conductivity is a flow of prana. When we become aware of prana flowing though our body, then we begin to experience ecstatic conductivity.
It's a matter of intensity really - from slight tingling or warmth sensations (which are also manifestations of prana), through to ecstatic conductivity, to kundalini, which is a strong flow of prana. It's all the same energy.

I hope this helps. I have not tried the form of Vipassana that you are describing, but I though I would reply because the chance that any of the regulars on this forum have practiced it is small. In AYP, we don't focus on energy flow during meditation (except in passive awareness mediation, but then, if any energy flow comes to attention, we don't direct it or try to do anything with it).
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  09:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Blue Raincoat.I guess the minor tingling or warmth that you said is whats been experienced by meditators practicing Vipassana and though everything is just prana, ecstatic conductiviyy can be said as an important symptom of kundalini awakening.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000