Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Kayakalp Sadhana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  10:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all !! Nice to meet you guys in this platform . I have been practicing AYP techniques for quite some years ( though i haven't been a member.) The spiritual path till now has been quite interesting with lots of ups and downs.But with all the inputs that Yogani and rest of the guys have shared here I have always found help.I am truly grateful to all of you.

Recently i started Kayakalp Sadhana.Got to know about this from a tantric practitioner who said this a rare kalp which reqires not much herbs . You only need Anethum graveolens and clarified butter for breakfast. This is in contrary to what different sources say about kayakalpa. After practicing for 2weeks i witnessed remarkable results in terms of skin glow and increase in vitality. But due to lack of celibacy that didn't continue for long. Right now i am on my 31st day. One thing i didn't notice or would i say failed to correlate was that i have developed a kind of mental fatigue. Which i am not sure is related to kayakalp or not . Might be due to same routine everyday( Waking up , preparing concoction, asanas , meditation, trying to study lunch; and 1 meal per day, some fruits at night ....)i am continuing ayp practices as usual with required self pacing. Though i am doubtful about this fatigue situation. Its like when i sit in front of laptop to do some research type 3 lines and then after that i lose all the focus . But i am not experiencing any problem while doing normal chores.This wasn't the condition 1 month prior.
Any opinion on this guys ?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  12:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperMonk
It seems to me that your diet is too light,are you getting enough proteins , carbs etc..?
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  12:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello maheshwari.
My diet is very light indeed although i am not experiencing any fatigue on a physical level.For dinner i eat flattened rice ,2 bananas/ guavas at alternate days. I guess that suffices for the daily carb intake. Not consuming any other food which has protein except milk that too during lunch only.
I came across a sadhu while surfing internet that he was able to delay aging by consuming herbs, and drinking only one cup of milk per day ( A different kind of kayakalp though.) He had to stay inside a room with no light for 90 days. Thats not possible for me.
I am not sure whether i am experiencing any serious sort of purification because of this practice ( though a tarrot reader pointed out that i was mentally fatigued , a feeling of burnout).

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2021 :  3:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SuperMonk
Anemia leads to memory and cognitive problems
Ayp does not recommend extreme diets and it is always adviced to check with a doctor

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2021 :  2:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI SuperMonk
Good to hear from a fellow AYPer
quote:
Originally posted by SuperMonk
After practicing for 2weeks i witnessed remarkable results in terms of skin glow and increase in vitality. But due to lack of celibacy that didn't continue for long. Right now i am on my 31st day. One thing i didn't notice or would i say failed to correlate was that i have developed a kind of mental fatigue.

This sounds familiar to me. Any fast yields a benefit after a number of days or weeks. If I prolong it beyond its optimum length, it becomes taxing on the body.

I guess the way to make sure is by returning to a richer diet. If the tiredness disappears, then you will know that Kayakalp Sadhana is not sustainable for you in the long run. There are factors like age, lifestyle and the mix of practices you are doing that have to be taken into account. The diet that works for your tantric friend might not work for everyone.

I hope you find your way back to balance. Take care
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2021 :  3:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you on this. I went to a doctor today. After checkup he said that said blood pressure was normal and there weren't any physical symptoms of anemia.Suggested to add dates to my diet. My memory's been excellent after starting this sadhana no doubt, was able to recall detailed images effectively. I guess due to lack of glucose in morning is making me feel less focused.
Its true AYP does not encourage extreme diet like this , i am just trying to see the efficacy of this sadhana.Although at the end of the day Yogani too recommends to do a little bit of fasting now and then , isn't it?

Will update on further observations.
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2021 :  3:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to meet you blue raincoat! Yup you have rightly pointed out the taxing part. I will focus on that. Thanks a lot

Edited by - SuperMonk on Apr 09 2021 3:46:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2021 :  02:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Updates:
I realized that my diet was lacking salt. Imbalance of sodium and potassium was the cause behind the fatigue. Started consuming rock salt. Brain's been running smoothy, no lags
If any of you are into intermittent fasting don't forget to add salt in your diet . Not the regular table salt, try the Himalayan rock salt which has a cooling effect on the body, perfect for fasting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000