Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 grounding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saktidas

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  6:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear brothers and sisters,

I am speaking in a still small voice. With me are new ways to speak with our loved ones, and they are simple and good. My family and I are watching as my judgement from long ago is pushed into matter. I have used my voice in the past to speak against other human beings. This is the mistake I have carried from the beginning. In simple asana, I express anger into the world of matter to be absorbed by Ma-Sakti-Gaia, whose will is expressed through all forms of life. My Mother Earth, and my Father in Heaven. It is not the mistake of the common person at the root of it, but is perpetuated today through customs and conditioning. We have forgotten the first insight given to humans- do not use your voices against each other. You have the freedom to express as you please, but if you speak against each other in voices, this paradise will become a human hell. Voice is for creation with vibration and intention into the world, so let us voice that intensity when it occurs into matter with body and voice - to our Earthly Mother so that she may recycle it. In that way, what is spoken isn’t attaching to the mind of the speaker. Anger is a divine expression of energy, it only need be directed into the Earth to find the perfect way to absorb it. This is the physical samyama that will be shown in simple ways and revealed slowly through time. OMSakti

Edited by - Saktidas on Jan 14 2021 8:02:33 PM

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  08:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Saktidas,

You are right to bring attention to the importance of non-violence. Ahimsa (non-violence) is a fundamental practice in yoga. It means non-violence in action, speech, and thoughts directed toward us, others, and the entire world. Without at least some degree on non-violence, practicing yoga is like building castles in the air. Whatever is gained through other yoga practices is undermined by the perpetuating harm.

As the other practices of yoga, ahimsa is enlivened by practice and evolves. Thus if we start practicing non-violence in regard to our body and pull out our hand when it touches a hot stove, then we extend the practice to others and we will do what it is in our power not to harm them physically.
Later we will restrain for doing harm to animals and the environment.

As we become more aware of the harm our words could trigger, we are more careful and restrained in our speech.

Finally, we start to realize the harm that could be trigger by our thoughts. We realize that we all co-create this world with our thoughts. The thoughts we put out in the world are the seeds that grow to make our world. If our thoughts run wild, our world will be wild. If we learn to settle our mind as we do through all yoga practices and especially through meditation, we become able to choose what thoughts to put out into the world and finally what kind of world we want to make.

As it is easy to see, there is a clear progression here, from actions to speech to thoughts. There is little value to talk about non-violence in speech in the context of violent actions. Stopping the harmful action comes before stopping the violent words. Doing nothing in regard to harmful actions is not an option, as doing nothing means that we still do something, in this case we allow the harm to be perpetuated.

As we co-create this world, it is in the power of each of us to make a difference and participate in a more and more non-violent world.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  4:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Saktidas, Some powerful thoughts on anger. I am curious what motivated this post. A friend told me last night his anger has been an unhealthy technique he has used to pull himself out of depression. Hearing that declaration made me wonder how many expressions of anger are motivated in this way. Reminds me a little of the people who cut themselves to feel alive. Both very unhealthy ways to navigate this world.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  03:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sakitidas and Inerpaul
Emotions whether positive or negative can be a surrendered and used in a smart and practical way to get over our blockage as explained in this lesson
https://www.aypsite.org/340.html
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  04:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hello Sakitidas and Inerpaul
Emotions whether positive or negative can be a surrendered and used in a smart and practical way to get over our blockage as explained in this lesson
https://www.aypsite.org/340.html

I belive it so, the link shared clarified it to me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000