Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 I am and Ayam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  02:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All
Just getting back into practice and reading deep meditation again after a long time and something popped up re mentally listening as the session starts to Ayam versus Iam .
There is a subtle but maybe energetic difference between the I and the A vowel sound. Was Yogani purely mentioning Ayam in the book so that people reading it wouldn’t get hung up on the meaning I Am as opposed to the important sound of I Am.
I realise once practicing the sound will do as it wants but would appreciate some clarity before I restart practice ,should I kick off with I or A?
Thankyou

Edited by - snake on Jan 10 2021 02:33:36 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  04:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello snake, welcome back!

If you listen to the audio file where Yogani says the mantra, that will hopefully remove your doubts. The link to the audio file is about half half way through Lesson 13.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  06:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

The pronunciation of "I AM" and "AYAM" are the same. They are just two different ways of writing the mantra down.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Both
thankyou,excellent
Go to Top of Page

TaiPi

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  04:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

hello snake, welcome back!

If you listen to the audio file where Yogani says the mantra, that will hopefully remove your doubts. The link to the audio file is about half half way through Lesson 13.

I owe AYP site for sharing this lesson. Really helps me to be in focus.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  07:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
CheersTaipi,I’m going to join once I get my pension payment

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000