Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  12:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.

It is clear what is Yogani's notion toward Shaktipat. I am curious what is the opinion of AYP community in regards to this experience. Especially I would like to hear from practitioners who had direct experience of Shaktipat but everybody is welcomed to state their opinions.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2020 :  04:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I am curious about is - does one practice how to give shaktipat or is it a natural outcome of abiding in the awakened state?

I have experienced someone trying to give me shaktipat and feeling nothing; someone not trying to give me shaktipat and just a meeting of eyes and I was carried to samadhi.

I have experienced being hit by a wall of energy by a priest and it left me wandering - how does he do that? It was very un-pleasant but then he was not giving shaktipat but casting out any demons in church. And I remember chuckling and thinking - if that didn't kick the ass of any demons in here, I don't know what will

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  1:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What I am curious about is - does one practice how to give shaktipat or is it a natural outcome of abiding in the awakened state?

Hi Sey and Nirguna,

Yes, the ability to be able to give shaktipat is a consequence of spiritual practice and especially of the cultivation of ecstatic radiance and outpouring divine love. It is the same with darshan, which is the passive form of shaktipat.

Both of these things depend as much, or even more on the level of spiritual development of the person receiving, as on the person giving.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  8:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Nirguna,

I am practicing Simplified Kundalini Yoga (SKY) system of Yoga with heavy supplementation of AYP. I started with AYP and was practicing DM on and off for 4 months before a chance encounter introduced me to SKY system. Since I had a strong desire (Bakthi) for a while to meet a teacher/system, it seemed like too much of a coincidence to not try it. So I started practicing SKY since then. In this system, one gets initiated in Agna (third eye) chakra first, then root chakra, and finally crown chakra. The rest of the chakras are supposed to open gradually as the yogic practice progresses. Before initiation, I had no feeling of the Kundalini energy.

Now when I got initiated in the Agna chakra (by the master's touch at the eye brow), I did not feel a thing. But I persisted with the meditation every day. After a couple of weeks I definitely started feeling a tingling sensation (or ant crawling sensation)in the brow area. I took it as the beginner's luck. But I was glad to feel it as it gave me the motivation to sit in meditation regularly. Since then, I could feel the ecstatic conductivity sporadically during SBP and non-AYP DM.

The initial excitement of feeling the ecstatic conductivity has died down after almost 2 years; I have chalked them up to the scenery. I am keeping at my practice as much as possible. If only feeling the Chakra points is the goal, initiation definitely helped give me a head start. But I feel like I have just started my journey and still have ways to go.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna,

I have seen people going through the same situation of shaktipat and experiencing it as positive, negative, and neutral. It seems that a positive shaktipat experience is like a lightening of the karmic load, while a negative one is like putting the energetic cart before the horse of inner silence, just as Yogani describes it. While the common opinion is that the master is the source of the shaktipat, in the best case the master is only a channel. This kind of master has no specific interest regarding the student.

How open the student is to the shaktipat seems to be the main factor that determines the level and the benefit of the experience. It is good to listen to your intuition. I remember a particular situation many years ago when I did not know about shaktipat, but I recognized that someone was stepping into my inner realms and it felt like an intrusion. I started spontaneously to do something that resembled samyama with "love", over and over again. Immediately the experience of intrusion became mellow. I felt completely protected. So maybe one can use samyama in situations of uninvited shaktipat.

At this point, my attitude is more that of "Let it be Thy Will, not mine." Maybe shaktipat helps some, but each of us needs to walk the path for themselves. Nobody can do it for another. Or maybe we can drive on this path or fly with the AYP!

Edited by - Blanche on Dec 02 2020 09:54:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  10:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirguna,

Great response from everyone.

The awakening that I went through almost a decade ago was through Shaktipat. It was not directed but more spontaneous. Looking back, I was born with an already awakened kundalini and have had many spiritual and mystical experiences throughout my life. At the peak of awakening, prana was flowing through my fingers and anything I touched would get zapped. Of course, that has calmed down. These days, the experience is of being more of a conduit/instrument of the divine/life/universe/ so on. I usually don't share my experiences because they are not necessary and for various reasons. There was an inspiration to share today.

Having said that, I’m a work in progress human being. Life is my greatest teacher. To paraphrase Yogani,it’s not what happens on the meditation cushion or what experiences we have, it’s the quality of our daily lives which is the measure of our progress. The mind can grasp onto anything : being the awakened one, having all these experiences so on and so forth. As such, Yogani emphasis doing your daily practices and going out and living your life fully. In short, it's the receptivity and openness of the individuals involved. Candles lighting candles.

Much Love,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 02 2020 11:16:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annademiel

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  3:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shaktipat – free for everyone now :) Seriously the main reason for me to warm up my English and register here was that I feld it as my duty to tell as much people with Bhakti as possible about this phenomenon:
In the middle of the 20th century there was a man in Germany who was called Bruno Grönig. Around him there was a field of energie wich was described by contemporary witnesses as heat, prickle and sensation and flowing through the whole body. He had a number of impressive skills and Siddhis most importantly to heal people from as well as all illness. „Incurable does not exist“ he often said. To be brief: Bevor he leaved his body he sayed that help will go on and in fact the force that he called „Heilstom“ can be feld from everyone that has some mentally contact with him. 6 Month ago I would believed nothing from this. I had only very less Kundalini experience bevore (without knowing) and since I can remember I was a scientific and anti-spiritual being raised child and person. That I'm now very interested in spiritual growth and Yoga is only because I started to feel the „Heilstom“ by watching this Film step by step over a few days – I'm shure someone who have already learned to feel Kundalini will feel it very fast.
Only one more thing: Please, for this sit on a chair with not overcrossed legs and arms. Ok here is the Link – what you will do with that is your decision. We dont proselytizing, but I thought I should tell this because my live was changed by this and I think whole menkind has a right to know...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNlXuclHhVc

all the best...
...and now I'll check if I find some answers to sambhavi and meditation and so on – I'm enthusiastic in practice since I found APY in german Version, we need urgent second part of Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living in german...Gemüse735
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  06:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what to people are very sick physically and let’s say they have a part of them removed, like one organ or more. Do they still have a chance to become enlightened in a physical body? I mean is it possible to manifest a lost leg for example? I guess it would require a tremendous amount of white light.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  4:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Annademiel, thanks for sharing the Bruno Grönig video. It reminds me of the Saivites talking about the tattvas and being the master of the wheels of energies through divine speech. It’s associated in my mind with AYP samyama, which points to the reality of the situation.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000