AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Back to the beginning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2020 :  2:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends, hope everyone is doing well and okay during these times. I felt like sharing here because I miss Ayp and the people in it. I’ve been through quite a trip during the last ten years from ayp to sufism and advaita and to being in a gurdjieff group for the last six years.. A lot of milestones and ups and downs which are part of the way and all is pleasurable in it’s own sense. Dark or white it’s okay. Yet recently as if my nervous system or my mind called me back to meditate again. And I undertook the I AM mantra again and I am sitting twice daily as instructed in the main lessons. No other advanced practice. There is joy in the practice itself.

Much love to all
Ananda

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2020 :  7:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Ananda. I suspect with 3105 posts behind you, you were very active in the past. I would be interested in hearing a little more about your decision to leave AYP, what you discovered and what drew you back.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2020 :  10:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, it was the constant overload of energy and a bhakti that was bad at self pacing. Plus there were outer effects that affected my decision to undertake a path of devotion back then.

As for what was discovered. It’s the same as everyone. The answer is a state and there is a kind of surrender. And I guess I am more normal than I ever was. With less spiritual states and visions and drama. As to why i’ve been practicing mantra meditation again. It’s the need for inner silence.. Quietly and gently.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  12:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back, Ananda. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  04:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see again SeySorciere
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  05:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  06:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  07:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  09:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Ananda. Good to see you here again.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  11:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, welcome! My AYP practice has opened me to Inner Silence, and through experience, I have discovered I can bring it forth in the “midst of chaos” (whatever than means to you) just by asking for it when you are lost there. Hope you hang out here awhile
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  2:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Ananda! I'm pretty new around here, but I've run into your name many times reading through older forum posts. Glad to see you're back

-KC
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  3:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
KC's post applies for me, too! I wish you well.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  7:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, Thanks for your response. It is nice to hear you feel "more normal." Yogani does seem to emphasize the importance of not focusing on the scenery and self pacing. Sounds like time has been a good teacher for you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  09:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  2:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear friends, thank you all. Good to see some familiar acquaintances are still here. Much love to all

"There is only one great life. I can enter into the experience only if I have first come to unity in myself, only if I have come to be a whole."

~ Mme Jeanne de Salzmann
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2020 :  08:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Ms. Ananda. I'm rooting to hear more from you in this forum. :D
Go to Top of Page

Presence Light

Algeria
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  3:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Ananda
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  07:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome #127801;
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2020 :  09:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are so lucky, we go to the lake to fetch water and we see the reflection of the moon, Rumi.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2020 :  08:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have put duality away. I have seen the two worlds are one. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

deivid

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  06:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Hello friends, hope everyone is doing well and okay during these times. I felt like sharing here because I miss Ayp and the people in it. I’ve been through quite a trip during the last ten years from ayp to sufism and advaita and to being in a gurdjieff group for the last six years.. A lot of milestones and ups and downs which are part of the way and all is pleasurable in it’s own sense. Dark or white it’s okay. Yet recently as if my nervous system or my mind called me back to meditate again. And I undertook the I AM mantra again and I am sitting twice daily as instructed in the main lessons. No other advanced practice. There is joy in the practice itself.

Much love to all
Ananda

Hello Ananda, I saw a post from you on 2008 where you had some nice experiences after practicing for 6 months Raja yoga techniques. I have been doing a intensive practice of meditation and pranayama for a few years. Can you tell me how many hours your practiced on those 6 months and if it was basically the Nadi Shodhana (holding breath and alternating nostrils) ?

Regards
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  02:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,lovely to see you here again.
Funny enough I too have decided to return to mantra meditation after some absence( see my post ).
Anyway I wish you all the best and will enjoy reading any posts you make.
Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  7:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by deivid

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Much love to all
Ananda

Hello Ananda, I saw a post from you on 2008 where you had some nice experiences after practicing for 6 months Raja yoga techniques. I have been doing a intensive practice of meditation and pranayama for a few years. Can you tell me how many hours your practiced on those 6 months and if it was basically the Nadi Shodhana (holding breath and alternating nostrils) ?

Regards

Hello, honestly I can't remember. I didn't sit for hours though.. It was daily and repetitive is all I remember. May we all find peace
Go to Top of Page

Gustavo Woltmann

Italy
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2021 :  12:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What does it actually mean to be in a Gurdjieff group?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2021 :  08:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have to join one in order to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000