Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Current after effects of meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste all,

My usual practice of meditation is about 5 mins of AYP SBP and 20 mins of Chakra observation (third eye, crown, or root chakra) in AYP advanced siddhasana per day. Twice a week I switch to the mantra meditation. I occasionally practice AYP Samyama and AYP Cosmic Samyama after my meditation. I thought I had hit a sustainable self-pacing with my practice - with no or mild symptoms of the clearances occurring within my neuro-biology.

For the past three days, I am having a hard time staying awake any time of the day. This is not normal for me. The first day I thought I must have been tired. But after three days, I am fairly certain meditation might have something to do with this. I have been sleeping for 6-7 hours per night which is fairly typical for me.

As far as I can tell, the only difference I have noticed during my last few meditation sessions is some unintentional energy flow in throat center. It feels as a strong burning sensation or a concentrated heavy lump in the throat center. I try to be with that sensation for a few minutes and let it go during meditation. I haven't practiced AYP samyama recently at all (in the last week). I have surrendered to Kundalini to do what it needs to do to clear away my Karma. But I would like to stay awake during the day to go about my work/life.

Any suggestions on how I can overcome the sleepiness?

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  1:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi firststep,

In AYP, chakra observation is not recommended, because it can lead to things getting out of balance. This is especially true of the crown chakra which is an inherently unstable chakra and can lead to sleep issues, as well as other problems.

Sleep issues can also be caused by having too much prana flowing through the body, in which case, cutting back on practices is the answer, especially practices such as siddhasana, which is a direct kundalini practice.

Don't forget that in AYP, meditation is practiced every day. This helps to bring stability and will lead to inner silence and bliss which will help you to deal with any imbalances that do arise from time to time.

See this lesson on kundalini issues and how to deal with them.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  12:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

Thank for the timely response and bringing my attention to Lesson 69 on Kundalini imbalances. I just realized my current practice set contains 2 minutes of SBP, 20 minutess of meditation, and few minutes of rest.

Given the COVID situation and my extreme fatigue, I had a doubt if the fatigue was due to the virus infection. So I took the test to eliminate that doubt. The test came back negative. Finally I used to do some yoga and regular walking with family most of the time. In the last month, I had pretty much stopped my exercises.
And the reason I had reduced SBP was because I had lots of strong Kundalini symptoms with 10 mins of SBP, even 5 mins - headaches, a cool stream flowing up in my lower back, insect crawling in my agna chakra, pin pricks all over the body, occasional energy buzzing sensation in my feet etc, while I felt that silence was still not established within me.

Keeping those in mind, I read thru Lesson 69. The suggestions that caught my attention include increasing spinal breating pranayama time to 5 or 10 minutes, increasing grounding practices like walking and yoga exercises, and may be backing off both SBP and meditation for a few days. I have stopped doing mulabandha and sambhavi for a week now and will do so for a couple more weeks.

Things have gotten better in the last few days, I still have some tiredness but it is manageable. I am making it a point to go for walks frequently. I will be adding yoga back tomorrow.

In regards to Chakra observation meditation practice, the simplified kundalini yoga (SKY) school that I practice with teaches various forms of chakra observation as meditation. The key idea here seems that any imbalances created by meditating on higher chakras will be balanced by meditating on root chakra 3 times a week. For the most part, it has worked out ok for me. I have been practicing for a year and a half in which the last 6 months seemed to be more or less stable. Until that is 2 weeks ago when I experienced the extreme tiredness.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  1:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi firststep,

Good to hear that you are finding more balance with your practices.

The idea that we can directly activate the higher centres, and somehow balance that out by activating the lower centres as well, is a misleading one. It is based on a false notion of how the subtle body functions. Activating higher centres can lead to imbalance, and if that happens, activating the lower centres as well, can increase the level of imbalance in the system, rather than reducing it. So, the whole situation can spiral out of control. This is especially true for the crown chakra which is inherently unstable. There is no simple way to activate the crown chakra, except by purifying the lower 6 chakras first, using a global (non-targeted) approach, such as Spinal Breathing Pranayama between the root and the third-eye.

In AYP, the crown is opened much further down the line, after a great deal of purification has happened first. Targeted practices can then be used safely at the crown, but in a very measured way, with a lot of "testing" being done first.

See these lessons on the purification of the crown chakra:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

Lesson 287 - Crown Strategy and Kundalini

Christi
Go to Top of Page

firststep

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  1:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

Thanks for pointing me back to these lessons. I read them slowly and mulled them over a day and decided to test the strategy of staying away from the crown myself. Note that it is easy for me to feel the crown chakra, I usually feel it as a tingling or a crawling sensation at the top of my head and sometimes too strong for my own good.

For my test, I decided to stay away from the crown chakra during my meditation; if I went to the crown chakra I went there cautiously and stayed there only for a couple of minutes per Yogani's lessons. I have practiced as such for a little more than a week now, 10 days to be precise. And I can say it has already made some difference in how I feel outside the practice. For a long time, I have had a cloudy and foggy brain, and I had come to accept it as par for the course as the Kundalini works thru my neurobiology. However, after the test, now I feel like a mental clarity has returned and with vigor. It feels good!

The one other lesson that I was drawn to last week was the solar centering enhancement.
https://www.aypsite.org/368.html

I practiced it a couple of times and again it felt really good at the end of the practice. I will definitely be cautious with crown moving forward, may be for a long while.

Appreciate all the help!

Raj
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  3:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000