Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Crown purification: how long at high intensity?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beckon

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  5:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello fellow travelers.

By high intensity I mean upwards of 10 hours daily, combined meditation and spontaneous yoga. It feels less like I am doing my practice and more like my practice is doing me. Not so much demanding (though it is also that) as it is demanded—thankfully, stability/overload have not been an issue even after some time at this intensity.

My questions are as follows:

- How long can crown purification be expected to last at such high intensity, and
- What can one reasonably expect afterwards?

Thanks in advance for any insight that can be offered!

Edited by - beckon on Jun 14 2020 5:05:15 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  06:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beckon,

It is not possible for anyone to give a timeframe for symptoms of purification that are happening in the subtle nervous system. It depends a lot on your own unique matrix of obstructions. If there are symptoms happening at the crown, then there is still work to do on the first 6 chakras.

Do be aware that there can be delayed reactions in terms of purification and openings which can cause problems further down the line. This can be especially true for the crown chakra, because if too much purification happens there, it can take a long time to become stable again.

In terms of what you can expect to happen afterwards, the best thing you can do is to have no expectations.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

And also this one:

Lesson 287 - Crown Strategy and Kundalini

Christi
Go to Top of Page

beckon

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  3:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, thanks for your response and links to relevant lessons. If memory serves I believe you helped me when my Kundalini process first started as well. Please know that your efforts are appreciated.

Your reasoning seems sound; I suppose I was (and am!) hoping for a more determinate sense of where I'm headed and how long it'll take to get there. There's a sense of being "just this side" of something profoundly important, and a corresponding sense of urgency.

Regarding pacing, it would seem—this conclusion reached only in retrospect—that the unfolding of my process has been paced for me. It's as though bottlenecks/blocks have been tackled and removed in just the right order to now make this sort of intensity in practice not only bearable but increasingly streamlined. There were certainly points in my practice (including having no practice!) where intensity of this sort would have been seriously inadvisable.

Thanks again for your insight and food for thought.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  3:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beckon,

A sense of great profundity and urgency can arise at the crown when the subtle body is preparing to pierce the third knot (Rudra granthi). This is a major stage on the path. The piercing of this knot can come as a dramatic experience, or it can simply dissolve without much fanfare or fireworks. So, it comes back to- "do not expect anything"!. The third knot is the last of the three knots.

The whole experience at the crown is mostly a process of dissolving into pure bliss consciousness, which is largely a process of letting go, or surrendering (yajna).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

beckon

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  9:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That strikes a certain chord for me. At night, Kundalini Shakti will often gather pressure/energy at the left temple and press from there with a great deal of intensity. Lately, this has shifted such that the push seems to be more upward and inward. I had taken this to be a sign of crown purification, but perhaps She's pressing at Rudra?

Edit: In retrospect, I think Rudra granthi was pierced/dissolved some months ago, corresponding to when my practice first surged in intensity. Kundalini Shakti seems to have access to almost the entire crown region, so I think I'm largely in purification mode.

Edited by - beckon on Jun 17 2020 10:43:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000