Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Uddiyana since before doing AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  1:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have been feeling a slight pressure right above the stomach. (I assume connected to my diaphragm) I can relax it but it doesn't go away, it doesn't feel bad but it feels unnecessary and I am concerned since getting to know that it is like Uddiyana and I feel I have to much bhakti and/or sensitivity for constantly having this mudra. It might just be me but my breathing is also affected, I feel that i don't even take in much air nowadays, for good or for bad.

This has been going on for months before initiating AYP practice. Autoyoga uddiyana, I guess you can call it. What to do?

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  6:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anahora,

Automatic uddiyana bandha is quite common for people experiencing kundalini. It is caused by the prana rising up through the torso. It is nothing to worry about. It can affect the breathing, making it more shallow. This happens because when the flow of prana is stronger, we need less oxygen.

It is good to relax around these things and to let them happen. If symptoms become uncomfortable or painful, then you can self-pace your practice as necessary. Otherwise, treat is as just more grist-for-the-mill in the process of awakening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  06:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @Christi !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000