Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Gasping for breath when in deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bluemonk

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2019 :  2:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bluemonk's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings everyone,

I am desperately searching for a solution regarding this stage of my meditation.
I have been practicing meditation regularly for the past few months. My experience was
wonderful and blissful.
The problem starts when I’m getting into deeper meditation. As usual my body was relaxed and breathing become more and more shallower. After an hour into my meditation I began to experience loosing my body awareness and sense of hearing ( a sign of entering into deep meditation ), that is when my body suddenly starts gasping for breath. Breathing starts to become more heavier instead of maintaining subtle breathing. This symptom happened to me a few times when I’ve tried to go deeper. Eventually it stops me from going any further. I’m wondering why this happens. Could it be that my body lacks Prana to sustain it ?

I wish someone can enlighten me on this.

Peace be with you ,
Bluemonk

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 25 2019 01:14:29 AM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  12:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bluemonk,

I don't think so - that there is a lack of prana - it is more probable that it is an obstruction of sorts trying to dissolve causing you to go into heavier breathing. It should pass. I suggest that you don't panic, be with the heavy breathing and let go - as long as it is not painful or causing too much distress. Else, self-pace. Are you familiar with the concept of self-pacing?

Perhaps this lesson will be helpful

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/104.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  01:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Bluemonk

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  04:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bluemonk's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

Thank you so much for your guidance. I too did have a thought of what you have mentioned about the obstruction of sorts. I am more confident now after I have read reply. Yes you are right, it couldn’t be Prana because I used to do some pranayama exercises prior to meditating.
I have not read about the self-pacing concept yet but I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the link.

All the best on your spiritual path

Warmest regards,

Bluemonk

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000