AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Choosing Beliefs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  11:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After many years of picking up others' perspectives ( Bodhi calls them thought experiments), I see how beliefs can form someone's experience-especially with a kundalini awakening.

I see the world as sorta neutral. I choose unity at the best of my ability. I'm not saying that's absolutely true. It looks like the best option, so that's what I choose.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  12:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's interesting. Even within my family, there are a variety of different beliefs related to spirituality and religion, and it colors our experience accordingly.

My cousin is a devout Christian, so her kundalini experience is very much filtered through the language of the Holy Spirit, etc.

I also like unity as a prevailing belief and filter, because it seems true and universal.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bodhi,

I've seen that kundalini and awareness seem to move your attention and actually give you the experience (manifest) from the perspective. I know it's not everyone's experience. Unity seems the best for me. The only caveat is if I harm someone, I have to apologize inside myself. 'Cause I can still project learned behavior onto someone(me).
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 15 2018 :  10:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First inside, then outside. That's usually how it goes for me too.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 20 2018 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, this didn't work. Not long after choosing beliefs, they fell away. I'm not able to attach to my mind currently. Maybe emotions? Keeping up this "Lori business" is hard work. It's really hard when you feel like you are meditating 24/7.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  01:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Lalow... interesting topic and question with great responses. I find the longer I meditate overtime the more connected I feel to my own beliefs in general with more courage to be self-expressed around those beliefs or truth with others. Not sure if that was your question? C
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  04:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That inner silence though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000