AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 BURNING EYES
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herald

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  3:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Twenty-five years ago, I awoke spontaneously to my True Nature (still have an ego- and its problems, but I know the difference between ego and Self). So, since then, every morning I simply sit for an hour and drop into the Silence of my Self (effortless). Early on, there was instant peace and the feeling of being at home. Some time after that - and this was a progression, over time) I began to experience a certain tightness and ache around my navel area(if I remember correctly). That 'tightness' could also be described as an' expansion'. It is now in the area of my diaphragm, and sometimes is felt a little lower. I want to emphasise here that there is no 'doing' involved. My very real sense is that I am simply, and naturally, dropping into my True Self'. What I experience is joy/bliss, intense energy which is often accompanied by physical movement (arms in the air, movements of the torso and head, burping and burning eyes). I pretty much trust the process. Why? Because I do not provoke it; there is no attempt to manipulate kundalini, or anything else. You might say, HOME was revealed to me twenty-five years ago, and I simply return there every morning for an hour and try to stay in touch with it through the dqy. Nevertheless, I 'googled' a question about 'burning eyes and meditation' this morning and found my way to this site. My eyes have been watering for a few years , and, now, more so. And my skin may be more dry than necessary. And I've wondered about the 'heat' of kundalini having something to do with it, although I'm not particularly aware of heat when I drop into the silence. Hmmm...I wonder if I need to do this effortless/intensity anymore. Maybe just continue to stay close to the Self as I go through the day. Appreciate any tips, gang.

Thanks, Herald

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  6:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  03:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Herald, welcome to AYP

Reading your post I wonder, what is your question? Would you like someone telling you, that is fine to stop with daily meditation practice ?

May be finding this website has to be....
Have a read into the lessons now you are here, it might give you insights in this beautiful journey. You can start reading here
Go to Top of Page

Herald

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, jusmail

Hope I got this right...that is, how to respond to you; I'm not used to this format. Whatever, I hope this will reach you. I want to be clear that I am not 'practicing meditation'; that is, I'm not doing a technique. When I use that word, I simply mean that I'm turning my attention to my Self, to Who I Am. That Presence is always with me; of course, I'm not paying attention most of the time because I'm involved with the world. But, if I stop and look, it is instantly there. I forgot what my experience was prior to my 'awakening' experience. But it seems to me that the Truth is always present. But it is beginning to dawn on me that, maybe I don't have to 'stroke the fire' every morning for an hour. I don't know if that's a good analogy. Anyway, I recall what Ramana Maharshi said, something like: When you've awakened, just live your life. So, I may just refrain from 'meditating' for awhile.
Go to Top of Page

Herald

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I accidentally sent my response to Charliedog to you...sorry, amigo.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  7:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Herald
quote:
Originally posted by Herald
I want to be clear that I am not 'practicing meditation'; that is, I'm not doing a technique. When I use that word, I simply mean that I'm turning my attention to my Self, to Who I Am.

This boils down to words. In AYP, we call this passive awareness meditation and, since it requires the discipline of a daily routine, we call it a sitting practice. In the end, every effective form of meditation becomes a non-doing.

quote:
Originally posted by Herald
maybe I don't have to 'stroke the fire' every morning for an hour.

Only you can decide how much practice, if any, you do.
Again, in AYP, we take the view that the journey to enlightenment is too important to leave it to chance. It'a long journey, and without the discipline of a regular practice it could take a very, very long time.

Symptoms like burning eyes, as long as they are not a major discomfort, are a normal part of purification. If they become too uncomfortable, we self-pace by reducing our practice for a while. Otherwise we press on. Ars longa, vita brevis, as they say.

All the best on your path
Go to Top of Page

Herald

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  9:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that response I appreciate. Thank you, Blue. I also appreciate hearing that the 'burning eyes' is a normal part of purification. So, anyway, we'll see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  10:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just practical advice. Try a humidifier. If you have some allergies, try the humidifier and a neti pot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000