Enlightenment Milestones
 Ramblings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  9:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've meditated and stopped and started for many years. I've picked up meditation again ( AYP breath meditation). It puts me in a dreamlike altered state even throughout the day. When I do the I am mantra, I have a hard time functioning. I feel like I'm rocketing to another world; I become psychic, I go into trances, and a Hellish energy imbalance. Sometimes, I dissolve during meditation, and I'm just in heaven. I see myself all over the place, when it ends, it's Hellish.

I've noticed through these years of meditation that there's a state that simpler. It's always available as long I'm not trying to do something. It feels like I come forward. It's not an altered state at all. We all experience it. I mean everyone. It's so ordinary. I prefer it over even the blissed out state.

Why do I have to go through all these altered states just to get to an " I'm here" state? It's top of the line for me. Simple, simple stuff.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 04 2017 9:55:01 PM

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  11:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe we have to travel on all the roads until we get home. All the things that hold, twist, create our imagine reality have to come out before we get to see the world as it is. We have to let It be. Pure simplicity.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  04:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow

I second Blanche.
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
I've noticed through these years of meditation that there's a state that simpler. It's always available as long I'm not trying to do something.
This is the fruit of your meditation practice.
In that sentence you wrote there, I can see the answer to your 'why' question. Because you have experienced "all these altered states", you are now able to recognise the "I'm here" state.

Have you considered passive awareness meditation? You have developed a good level of Silence, so it's likely it will work for you and not have the 'side effects' you experience from breath or mantra meditation.

Best wishes

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jun 05 2017 04:41:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  05:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Why do I have to go through all these altered states just to get to an " I'm here" state? It's top of the line for me. Simple, simple stuff.

I don't know, dear, I don't know. I have been wanting to post about this "I'm here - state" for a while but words always fail me. Words fail me now.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  11:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I would agree with Blue, that you may be better off using the Passive Awareness Technique at this stage on your path.

Your situation is described almost exactly in lesson addition 367.4 along with Yogani's reply to the situation.

Addition 367.4 - Passive Awareness Technique for Very Sensitive Meditators

Maybe he wrote it for you?

As to the question of "why do we have to go through what we go through"?: The words "unfathomable karma" spring to mind!

Wishing you all the best.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
its like living a whole other lifetime and then returning to the now and not really being able to explain what has changed .

the internal flight
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2017 :  08:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't read the passive awareness lesson. I don't currently have access to it but will check it out when I do.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2017 :  10:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I've meditated and stopped and started for many years. I've picked up meditation again ( AYP breath meditation). It puts me in a dreamlike altered state even throughout the day. When I do the I am mantra, I have a hard time functioning. I feel like I'm rocketing to another world; I become psychic, I go into trances, and a Hellish energy imbalance. Sometimes, I dissolve during meditation, and I'm just in heaven. I see myself all over the place, when it ends, it's Hellish.

I've noticed through these years of meditation that there's a state that simpler. It's always available as long I'm not trying to do something. It feels like I come forward. It's not an altered state at all. We all experience it. I mean everyone. It's so ordinary. I prefer it over even the blissed out state.

Hello Lalow,

You have a really good clarity, as you are able to distinguish between the “altered states” and the “simple I-come-forward state.” From your description, it appears that you realize that these “altered states” are made up by the mind. Trances, hellish energy, dreamlike states, imbalance – there are all ways for the mind to release impurities. You can change the meditation technique to slow down the rate of mental discharge, but all these impurities will still have to come out sooner or later. It is actually a good sign: trances, altered states, illusions appear for some meditators as they progress from form-states of meditation to formless-states of meditation. It is a sign of progress. Not everybody experiences them. However, they are not unusual, and various contemplative traditions have names for these experiences. In the Zen tradition they are called makyo (the demon-ghost’s cave).

I had a different variation than what you describe. Just like you, I could tell that these “perceptions” were amplified by the mind – I used to call them “monkey business.” They do pass. In a way, there are just releases from the unconscious that allow the psyche to return to its original form. They are nothing to consider deeply, or to take seriously. We just allow them, without reacting. For me it was helpful to know that others had to deal with such states on the meditation path.

Best wishes,
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2017 :  9:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Passive meditation seems to just "adjust" or fix flows or chakra spins during meditation. That's what's happening so far. Daily life, I still can get in the dreamlike state and have energy shooting at my heart from my lower belly; it's just not as intense.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 19 2017 9:23:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  10:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"not as intense" is good, isn't it?

What do you do for grounding?

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  12:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blue,

I walk daily. I have a pool and a garden, which I'm in daily. I do yard work like push mowings, etc.

Edited: Sometimes, I get the feeling that people I'm angry with are trying to shake me awake or circumstances or even thought loops.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 20 2017 1:19:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  05:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I get the feeling that people I'm angry with are trying to shake me awake
They probably do!

All the best to you Lalow, it will smooth out in the end and it will be all worth it.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  2:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

A chunk of my throat block dissolved, so the energy is moving down a bit better. I'm not feeling as dreamy. Hopefully, grounding activities will actually be grounding.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  11:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  02:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right on.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  11:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling like my life's purpose is just to be a human being. It doesn't feel like I need to transcend anything. I guess other people's purposes are different. It's not really kind to question others or argue or tell people what to do.

I'm not stopping meditation or anything. I'm just no longer trying to be something or really change something. I'm already human!
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This sounds similar to the stage of dispassion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000