AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Quote from Nisargadatta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"My Guru and his words: 'You are myself' are timelessly with me".

This has become a very effective samyama practice for me. As I'm more inclined toward jnana than the other paths it's more suitable. I look at a human, a dog, or a horse in a field and think 'goodwill', or some other words; they are good, have their own strengths, but when I think 'you are myself', I really experience it. Guru's grace!

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2016 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  04:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  4:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm, though I feel as though you are more suited to Bhakti. A person is usually one of these three things.

Body dominant, head dominant, heart dominant.

Body dominant people will easily fit into Karma category, they want to keep moving their bodies and work their best in the world.

Head dominant are intellectuals or what we call gnani or Gyani, They have a tendecy to tear apart everything and look for answers to satisfy their curiousities.

Heart dominant are people who truly value emotions and feeling good. You too have a tendency to actively look for feel good ideas and hold it dear.

In any case all of them will have to come together. one cannot live in his head, heart or simply body alone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000