Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Burning Karma question - need help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  12:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello

It's been a couple of days that I've been drawn towards meditating by focusing on 6th chakra with attention mostly fixed on a couple of masters. Nothing negative arises during my exercises or even later. I only feel extreme pleasure in my whole body and more connected with the chosen master all day long. However, I've noticed 'negative' events which puts me in an undesirable situation during the night in my dreams only.

*yesterday* I had a dream where my wife was drawn to another guy and kissed her. During the dream I reacted to it by feeling jelousy to the point that it made me feel bad during my whole dream. When I woke up I still had this feeling but I observed it more closely until it faded. I also felt strong pressure in the region of solar plexus chakra and at some level at heart chakra too.

*today* I had a dream I was in a public place with my son and noticed 2 suspicious ladies that where planning something bad towards my son. When I was distracted I saw one of them with a needle in my son's neck injecting a substance and I immediately took him away from her. The emotion was terrible. I felt so bad during the dream. My 3-year-old son which is just a kid getting an unknown substance into his blood stream? In my arms he looked a bit sleepy after that. I woke up immediately with this terrible feeling but as previous day, I watched the feeling and it faded. I noticed the same pressure on solar plexus/heart chakras.

Now on to the question about 2nd dream only. Initially I thought it could have been 'karma' manifesting so I can watch the emotion until it fades without reacting to it but accepting it. However, I'm no longer sure about it because I believe that if I was put in the same situation in real life I would feel as bad as I felt during the dream and I see no reason why I wouldn't. What I recognise is that after the event at some point I'd have to let go of it but if I was put in this situation 100 times I'd feel bad 100 times so I don't understand what's the point of this dream. I believe that everyone would feel bad in this situation and the difference would be how capable you are of letting go of it after the event. Can anyone give me a hint on what I'm probably missing here? One thing I thought it could be was old unresolved karma being released and using this unpleasant situation to release itself. Any ideas? I know it's very personal but maybe I'm missing something you guys might say that would clarify this.

Thank you.

Rod

Edited by - digofarias on Jul 17 2016 12:40:42 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  1:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps some anxiety coming up? The mind creates representations and scenarios to match those emotional tensions. Mediation should dissolve them in time.

Make sure you self-pace if you start to feel uncomfortable. Have you read the AYP lessons on self-pacing?
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  3:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello BlueRaincoat

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I believe karmic traces are coming up inmy dreams due to Bhakti purification. I am only using Bhakti at the moment. I believe Bhakti is more straightforward not to get overloaded.

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Perhaps some anxiety coming up? The mind creates representations and scenarios to match those emotional tensions. Mediation should dissolve them in time.

Make sure you self-pace if you start to feel uncomfortable. Have you read the AYP lessons on self-pacing?

Edited by - digofarias on Jul 23 2016 3:43:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  03:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Digofarias
quote:
Originally posted by digofarias
I believe karmic traces are coming up in my dreams
Yes, that probabaly happens to all of us.

On using bhakti as your sole means of progress, I can see a disadvantage to that. In my experience, bhakti is more of an energy 'practice' (for a better word). It needs to be balance with inner silence/witness, which we develop through meditation. That is why meditation is the cornerstone of every spiritual practice.

Bhakti will lead you to progress, but it can a bumpy road and more uncomfortable than it needs be.

All the best on you path.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  07:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
It's been a couple of days that I've been drawn towards meditating by focusing on 6th chakra with attention mostly fixed on a couple of masters. Nothing negative arises during my exercises or even later. I only feel extreme pleasure in my whole body and more connected with the chosen master all day long. However, I've noticed 'negative' events which puts me in an undesirable situation during the night in my dreams only.

In my humble opinion, digofarias, focusing on one chakra for any length of time seems unstable and asking for trouble. This is why AYP uses deep meditation and SBP and doesn't focus on manipulating particular chakras; AYP is a system-wide approach.

Whether or not your current practice is spurring these dreams are a guess, but in my dream research experience, dreams are inventions of the mind dealing with issues you have experienced recently or anticipate experiencing in the next few days. Try free associating each noun, verb, and adjective of your dream to see if the dream's meaning becomes apparent to you.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  8:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Digofarias,

Your dreams suggest that you experience some anxiety regarding your family. There is some worry that something might happen to your family - your wife might leave, or your son might be harmed. When we are really happy, sometimes we worry that things might change. When we are with our loved ones, it is hard to consider that anything might happen to them. However, your mind is aware that things are always changing. Your worries play out in your dreams because they are not yet accepted by your awareness.

You could simply recognize these worries: Things happen in life, and you have no control. Becoming aware of the dangers of the world is part of becoming mature. Just becoming aware of the worries should ease up the troubled dreams.

In the bigger picture,your dreams have to do with attachment. We are deeply attached to our families, to our loved ones. Attachment is one of the obstacles in the way to enlightenment. Even the attachment to our loved ones has to be dealt with before enlightenment. How does one do this? Just keep up the practice, and you will manage this when the time is right for you.

Enjoy your young family, and express gratitude for all the gift that life has given you. Warmest wishes

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  05:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:

In my humble opinion, digofarias, focusing on one chakra for any length of time seems unstable and asking for trouble. This is why AYP uses deep meditation and SBP and doesn't focus on manipulating particular chakras; AYP is a system-wide approach.

I would second Dogboy's consideration.
In my experience, focusing on ajna alone has the potential of increasing all kinds of images in the mind. Overload warning and self-pacing alert.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000