AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 "speaking in tongues"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  3:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Have you ever heard of it? Experienced it? I'm vaguely familiar with this concept as popularized in American evangelical Christianity.

Now, I was probably a bit skeptical about this concept, although certainly there are many strange expressions of unfolding purification.

Well, yesterday was on the go, and fell into a pretty deep trance (very common even before k), and noticed I was verbalizing sounds. It was a familiar sensation, but the expression seemed very full. I recognized that I was chanting or singing in sanksrit, though some words I did not recognize, and some phrases I could not find attested on the web. But the singing was very confident, and happened without the mind. It seemed to be coming from the belly area, which is, of course our center.

Today, forgetting about the whole episode, I was practicing and in my practiced I noticed I veered completely from my normal routine. I was doing asana, and the asana was different somehow. I noticed I was beginning to verbalize what seemed like Chinese (!?) Words. I can only speculate. This continued and reached a crescendo as my asana practice ended. Asana practice almost felt martial artsy, especially since the breath was more intense and expressive.

I move to sit and pranayama was done completely differently. Totally foreign but incredibly effective. Like raising a solumn of kundalini a mile in diameter. Lots of inner sounds upwelling, and using the breath to the point of blowing. The tongue was very active.

Mudras was constantly changing, as if telling a story. Must have looked like a puppeteer! I cant overemphasize the activity in both hand mudras but also general body mudras. Meditation was very short and I tried to go the mantra but another mantra came forth and it was irresistible. It did not change.

Afterward I felt fine.

Very interesting. Overall felt like something began to come up that wanted expression for a long time, but I never knew how to do.

Edited by - tonightsthenight on Sep 05 2014 3:20:06 PM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  8:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,

I've been having some similar questions the past two weeks. My sense of it is that there is a significant neurophysical similarity between Christian glossolalia and Yogic kechari mudra, which, as we know, is a big deal in terms of inner fire and flight. When the tongue is doing a lot of spontaneous flicking and undulating from the base, the soft palate gets stimulated, and the energetic channel between root and brow becomes active. This is my sense of it from experience.

As to knowing other languages without having studied them, some, or a lot of it may be superficial imitation of sounds. On the other hand, it may also be more. Gopi Krishna is an example for consideration. He reportedly wrote poetry in languages he did not know, but was later confirmed that he was using other languages. In this I have no experience.

On second thought, maybe I have a little experience. I was in Mexico living, learning the language, traveling and doing yoga practices every day. Usually the language was a struggle, but there was one conversation that flowed effortlessly. A man in the little town of Tancanhuitz de Santos had seen that I was sleeping on an outdoor bus stop bench barefooted, and he thought maybe I was schizophrenic like him. That was his diagnosis but he was using medication and it was under control. He was highly intelligent. It seems to me his mental problem was also part of a giftedness. He approached me with an open, compassionate heart and the encounter flowed from there.
It was like we were reading minds first and letting words flow from there.

Namaste, fellow traveler,

Edited by - bewell on Sep 05 2014 9:31:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2014 :  02:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a coworker that has that gift. His sister has the gift of translating what he says at the time that he speaks that way. From what i gathered it seems that it is useful for him to become aware of something about himself.
They are a part of a prayer group, and he always seems to be speaking in the same language, some old that is not used - not sure but i think he said it is Arameic.
Go to Top of Page

Adiyogi

India
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,
I am going through the same situation but in a more advanced stage and my advanced mudras, bandhas, uddiyan and pranic respirations get activated by any spiritual activity or mantra. I have given up my daily practices to self pace but my situation is the same. Although, in those moments of auto mudras and bandhas (deep tantric mudras and bandhas) I can self witness but a bit helpless in front of the divine energy. I have gone through all the topics on "Auto Yoga" in AYP forums and outside but did not find anything similar to my situation and now I do not know how to go about my condition. Randomly I am also speaking a language which seems to be ancient language from Amazon. I did not see anyone else posted anything on this topic and wondering what your stage is given that it has been 6 years now.
If anyone else could also throw some light on this it will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000