Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Sri M. 108 Kriyas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2013 :  12:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

A couple weeks ago i readed Sri M. book Aprenticed to a Himalayan Master.

And then i got to his site. He says here http://satsang-foundation.org/?p=2523 that he practices 108 Kriyas.

It seems quite interesting as the regular Kriya Yoga consists of 5 or 6 techiques, and that the Babaji's Kriyas are 144, and not 108. So this would be a different thing.

If you read the book, he even talks about something similar to Tummo, and Ayuverda's Kayakalpa.

Does anyone know what are those kriyas or were to find more info?

There is even a stranger book out there. http://himacom.in/kriya-yoga.html. Does anyone happen to have read it?

Blessings to everyone,

kriyaban108

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  10:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit kriyaban108's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
According to Swami Satyeswarananda Giri, Lahiri Mahasaya originally received 108 kriyas from his Guru. He had them written down in a notebook. His closest disciple Panchanan Bhattacharya hand copied them into another notebook. Both notebooks were lost and the Lahiri and Bhattacharya familes have no idea what happened to them. The confusion between 144 and 108 is because the Marshall Govindan line of yogis claim that there are 144 kriya techniques that Babaji teaches.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  12:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I happened to meet shri M after reading the above mentioned book.he is simple person.when I took initiation from him I felt no different from ayp technique and in fact felt I knew more techniques as to gurus to get the advanced technique its difficult to get it.I did tell that I am following ayp technique etc.but he is easy to reach n understandable guru.
Go to Top of Page

Virochana

New Zealand
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  10:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Virochana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is what Satyeswarananda shared as per knowledge. However, it is not really accurate to say there are 108 kriyas, or 144 kriyas, or any number - rather according to what was passed down, this was a collection of kriyas shared/transmitted at that time.

A kriya can have many variations, which could be termed a separate kriya, or not.

The outer kriya reveals the inner kriya, which is beyond count.

A kriya can be very specific, or it can be defined by the type of energy cultivated which the kriya (as a vehicle) facilitates, such as a loka, a quality, how energy moves, a kind of nectar, a release, an emanation, ... as long as there is some kind of form or definition involved, then there is kriya. A kriya can also take birth for the job it has to do, such as absorb or transform the mind, awaken a nectar, overcome an obstacle, ...

The light of various kriyas are safeguarded by practitioners, which can be in the physical, in the Naga realm (typical), in other realms, etc. They do not always have names, rather a kind of signature, just as the energy bodies of practitioners of certain types of kriya start to take on those qualities, or like how a mantra takes form, or how one body can be just a body but inwardly the light of the Vajrayana family lives in it (all those awake in the oneness).

Kriya is a launching pad, and that is why it can take a lifetime to learn one kriya (family of kriya); once we get beyond the outer clothing of technique and into the inner flow of essence that the kriya facilitates. BabaJi in a way teaches only one kriya, which becomes the many.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000