Making Peace with the Psychic job
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2017 :  1:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right on. You got this.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  04:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx friends, I appreciate your support and encouragement!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  07:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are amazing!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  08:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to be hear the good news, Radharani!

Abundance, Love, Unity.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani! Thanks for being so transparent here on the forum! I haven't read the whole thread in detail but I got the gist of bankrupcy and financial struggle. I can wholeheartedly identify with financial struggle.

I thought I would share what I have found a most helpful financial resource which is Dave Ramsey's work which I try my best to implement into my own life and its made SUCH a difference! My husband and I both have irregular incomes and I was pleased to see how Dave's monthly budget form can be used seamlessly in cases of both regular and irregular income. He also talks about bankrupcy and he, himself, has been experienced that. He has a wonderful 9 week Financial Peace University program. FYI, He is a born-again Christian and very Bible oriented (take it or leave it). What I love about his work is that he weaves the practicalities of handling money (in a very simple manner) into the realm of spirituality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygdUWoGFEI Plus he has a great sense of humor which I love!! I him!! He's kind of like Yogani- he keeps his concepts simple, user-friendly and has refreshing sense of humor!

Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you Radharani!
C
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  05:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

Hi Radharani! Thanks for being so transparent here on the forum! I haven't read the whole thread in detail but I got the gist of bankrupcy and financial struggle. I can wholeheartedly identify with financial struggle.

I thought I would share what I have found a most helpful financial resource which is Dave Ramsey's work which I try my best to implement into my own life and its made SUCH a difference! My husband and I both have irregular incomes and I was pleased to see how Dave's monthly budget form can be used seamlessly in cases of both regular and irregular income. He also talks about bankrupcy and he, himself, has been experienced that. He has a wonderful 9 week Financial Peace University program. FYI, He is a born-again Christian and very Bible oriented (take it or leave it). What I love about his work is that he weaves the practicalities of handling money (in a very simple manner) into the realm of spirituality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygdUWoGFEI Plus he has a great sense of humor which I love!! I him!! He's kind of like Yogani- he keeps his concepts simple, user-friendly and has refreshing sense of humor!

Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you Radharani!
C

Dear Chard,
Thx for your kind words! "Transparent" is how I prefer to be.

While we're being blatantly honest, re: that Ramsey video you linked, he does seem like a nice guy, but as someone who has worked hard and lived very simply my whole life, frankly it's hard for me to respect a guy who was a millionaire and managed to go broke 4 years later. I am very confident I could live off of a million $ for well more than 4 years.

In any event, Ramsey's program wouldn't have been helpful in our situation. For one thing, every penny I'd saved went to the IRS, so I couldn't do steps #1, 3 and 4. Ramsey's step #6 refers to "extra money," what is that? LOL. Thankfully, my mortgage was very nearly paid off. Step #2, the "snowball method," requires that you make extra payments to pay down one credit card, while continuing to pay the minimum on the other cards, which was not possible. Therefore the debt counselors at NFCC and all the attorneys whom I consulted said that bankruptcy was really my only viable option.

The problem with financial self-help programs from advisors like Ramsey or my favorite, Suze Orman, is that if we had "extra money" to save and pay down credit cards or mortgage, we wouldn't be in the situation in the first place. Their premise is that we have an adequate income but are just making bad choices, spending our money unwisely and/or don't know how to do a budget, which was not my problem. I'm actually good at math, budgeting and money management. I already lived a simple life and had taken all the usual steps as far as cutting back on unnecessary expenses, etc., and it wasn't enough.

In order for it to work, your income minus your outgo needs to be a positive number. As financial advisor David Weliver states: "If you want to get out of debt by yourself, you need to earn enough money to survive AND enough money to pay down your debts." Exactly! Thank you, Captain Obvious.

My problem was simply lack of sufficient income due to chronic illness and inability to work a regular job, while paying "self employed" taxes and at the same time trying to support my common-law husband and his children and keep a roof over our heads for the last 12 years. My mother warned me not to fall in love with a poor man, but I didn't listen. The one fatal financial decision on my part was becoming domestic partners, which although spiritually fulfilling, turned out to be a very bad choice from the material standpoint. I never would have asked him to move in, had I known then what I know now. Isn't hindsight wonderful?! LOL.

And despite a lifetime of yoga practice, I never did master the "pulling $$ out of your ass-ana." If I ever do, I will certainly share the technique here, as I'm sure many people would find it very helpful!

Although I will be losing $$ when I start teaching yoga again in the near future, I consider it a contribution to charity and part of my dharma. Thx again for your input, and blessings to you!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  05:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Preparing to re-open the studio (in the house where we now live!) next month. I am getting excited even about the little things, e.g. the new entry mat and shoe rack by the front door, very cheap (and tax deductible!), courtesy of Ross Store. Husband finally got a weed whacker working after more than a year of trying. This is important so that students won't have to navigate through ass-high weeds as they walk from their car to the house.

Also we have a new outdoor yoga area! I enjoy sweating like a pig doing yoga on the little one-person tiled platform he built for me and wished I had a deck or someplace where I could offer "hot yoga" during the Florida 90+ degree and 100% humidity summer, or "pleasant yoga" during the winter, to students. The sandy area out in the pasture would be ok were it not for the fire ants. Well, I decided to cover the big 16 x 50' raised garden bed w/ black plastic and go back to growing veggies in containers, due to the poor soil quality and aggressive weeds, and it suddenly dawned on me while looking at it from my little yoga platform: That would be a great outdoor space for yoga! The ground under the plastic is soft and would be safer than the tile floor inside the house for more adventurous poses like headstand, handstand, etc. yay!

Yesterday I got a call from a prospective new student and also an invitation to renew one of my ads, very good timing. It's all coming together. BTW, in case anybody needs yoga teacher liability insurance, I recently got a policy with Lockton Insurance through IICT, International Institute for Complementary Therapists, at a great price. What I like about Lockton is that it covers all the different aspects of my work including not only teaching yoga and pilates, but also holistic wellness and spiritual counseling, tarot/ psychic readings and crystal healing.

Will keep you guys posted. Thx again for all your love and support.

Edited by - Radharani on Aug 11 2017 06:26:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  05:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh and btw, I don't recall if I said this before (if so, please disregard) but - bankruptcy is a great way to humble the ego and reduce attachment to material things and worldly status.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  5:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani! First of all, how funny! "Pulling $$ out of your ass-ana!" it! I shall use that line!

Thank you for your response and yes it makes sense...not so much how to handle money but more of an issue of underearning... I can just say, keep sharing here...Clarity and answers will come in time. sending you love and support, C
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  01:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

Hi Radharani! First of all, how funny! "Pulling $$ out of your ass-ana!" it! I shall use that line!

Thank you for your response and yes it makes sense...not so much how to handle money but more of an issue of underearning... I can just say, keep sharing here...Clarity and answers will come in time. sending you love and support, C

thx!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2017 :  12:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well friends, I have some potential good news: As I think I mentioned previously, the State had informed me that they were going to take part of my land, the part w/ the creek, the Sacred Grove, and the forest, to widen the highway and to install a huge gas supply pipeline. I received a letter stating that they were going to send out surveyors, and I called to find out when they were coming so I could meet w/ them to determine the property boundary and where I could plant new trees to replace the strip of forest that they are going to bulldoze to install the pipeline.

The chief engineer on the project looked up my address and said, "Looks like your property won't be affected." ?! I asked, "Are you sure? I keep getting these letters." She said, "Well the highway expansion will not actually touch your property line; it's on the other side of the railroad." "Yes, but what about the gas pipeline?" She replied, "Oh - ok, don't take this as gospel truth because it's not 100% for sure yet, but I think they are planning to put the pipeline somewhere else." I told her that would be a great idea, especially since the proposed location on my property is sensitive wetland, geologically unstable and riddled with sinkholes. She thanked me for that information, agreed with me, and made a note to the file. Yay!

Still not able to teach yoga here, though. My full-time job with the Famous Psychic Company has become kind of fickle due to some policy changes which benefit the company but lower the call volume for the contractors (Advisors). So right now I don't make enough to be able to take time off my regular job to clean house sufficiently and teach yoga. Meanwhile we are still doing some renovations. Hopefully in the New Year. We shall see.

btw, I am still accepting private counseling clients. Feel free to email me.

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2017 :  11:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and more good news: My next door neighbor wants yoga for herself and her daughter! So if I can get time off my regular job, all I will need to do is walk over there and teach at their house, rather than having to frantically prepare our home for students. It will be nice to teach again!
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  12:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Radharani for updating us :) seems like things look promising. Wishing you the best in your endeavors in the new year. We are rooting for u hereC
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  11:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  8:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

I just found out that Jamie passed away. Thought you all might want to know.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  12:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really shocking! May her soul rest in peace
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  02:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  4:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  4:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000