New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  9:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

AumNaturel thankyou for the welcome and positive feedback, also for the reference p.89 which I looked up.

For me, I AM THAT is a spiritual treasure worth far more than the material cost.

Welcome Parvati.

You are the key to your own lock.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  11:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha. Thankyou Karl.

Is that a variation on 'the guru is in you'?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  02:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You are the key to your own lock.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  10:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Haha. Thankyou Karl.

Is that a variation on 'the guru is in you'?

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  07:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
former post deleted

It is with regret that I found it necessary to cancel the post.
Some things are too personal to share publicly.

namaste

parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Jan 27 2013 9:02:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  04:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

former post deleted

It is with regret that I found it necessary to cancel the post.
Some things are too personal to share publicly.

namaste

parvati

Go on, put it back there are many times when I have been embarrassed and uncomfortable with my writings. I have posted and then felt like I had betrayed something and exposed myself. I learned it is best to just 'hang it out there' we are all striving and no one is any different to anybody else. Go on and jump in, mess up, get embarrassed there is only you to care
Go to Top of Page

onkarkumar31

India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  01:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bourgo

quote:
Originally posted by karl

The problem is you are reading it explicitly and referencing the writer. It's not necessary, it does it's work regardless. Just like some rain refreshes plants and some rain drowns people, the rain is not inherently good or bad, it's just rain. This is the same with these books. Trying to analyse and understand is a pointless exercise, it's as pointless as trying to work out why the rain is the rain.

It took a while to realise this. Read it, put it on the shelf or give it away, it's work is done, no more will be found by trying to study it. The rain fell, it did what it needed to do and now go back to whatever it is you were doing. You already know the words as you received them because it is your world in which they appear, they are really your own creation.

Karl, do none of the contradictory statements of a claimed jnani tarnish your view of him?

For instance, in one part he says there is no such thing as purpose only randomness -- in fact he has an entire protracted conversation telling a questioner that there is no such thing as purpose. Then, in another conversation he says: "Let each act according to his nature. The ultimate purpose will be served in any case."

It is difficult to have faith in the validity of such a person when they seem a liar.

What I love about Nisargdatta maharaj is that he is a pure non dual person. He is a gyani and imparting this awareness to all.
There can't be any purpose of an illusion rather than keeping our awareness away from the true nature. He is talking about that. Also when he talks about ultimate purpose or principle, it points to the ultimate truth always.
Go to Top of Page

Gustavo Woltmann

Italy
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2021 :  07:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing poem, I enjoyed reading it.
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I fully empathize with your consternation, Bourgo. The more I move along with my life and practices, the more I have a distaste for the abstract language of the Advaita teachers.

I like Walt Whitman-type stuff. I like the poets and mystics that constantly use grassroots examples and don't deny the manifest world. Those are the ones that get the blood pumping and serve as practical inspiration.

Here's a great poem by Robinson Jeffers to illustrate what I'm talking about. It's called "Rock and Hawk":

Here is a symbol in which
Many high tragic thoughts
Watch their own eyes.

This gray rock, standing tall
On the headland, where the sea-wind
Lets no tree grow,

Earthquake-proved, and signatured
By ages of storms: on its peak
A falcon has perched.

I think, here is your emblem
To hang in the future sky;
Not the cross, not the hive,

But this; bright power, dark peace;
Fierce consciousness joined with final
Disinterestedness;

Life with calm death; the falcon’s
Realist eyes and act
Married to the massive

Mysticism of stone,
Which failure cannot cast down
Nor success make proud.

Keepin' it real with you, Bourgo! Don't swallow any pills you don't want to!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000