Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Climate change
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  1:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I guess this might not really be the right place for such discussions, but climate change really bothers and worries me a lot. It does so for quite a time, seeing those extremes, temperatures, droughts, wildfires and especially during recent flood events in germany and china with people dying.

Yogani gives such an encouraging perspective regarding humanity being at the edge of awakening. It seems so contrary to the planet being at the edge of the tipping point with apocalyptical scenes all around the globe.

How do you deal with this, do you manage to keep a positive outlook? What is your yogic perspective?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  7:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Cato

I think Yogani's recent thread about his illness sums up really well a yogi's perspective of the world.
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...ajor,illness
quote:

There has been a silent joy throughout the whole thing, with quite a bit of levity, and continuing now. No suffering... A definite confirmation of the power of the benefit of long term Deep Meditation practice in the face of a major life challenge.

Of course, this applies to everything in life, whether it be a pandemic, personal financial hardships, health issues, loss of a loved one. Any major life challenge. The life experience will be there, the pain and all the rest, but so too is the silent Divine within us for those who meditate. No real suffering, which is the identification of awareness with the life experiences, including physical, mental and emotional.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  8:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato
There is a saying about changing what we can change and accepting what can't be changed
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  8:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

I’ve been very saddened to read about the flooding in Europe, and I hope you and yours are all well. I’m here in Northern California, and the drought and wildfires are extreme and clearly getting worse year by year.

quote:
Originally posted by Cato

Yogani gives such an encouraging perspective regarding humanity being at the edge of awakening. It seems so contrary to the planet being at the edge of the tipping point with apocalyptical scenes all around the globe.

Some might say Kali is trying to bring about liberation through a planetary fever dream. I’m far from enlightened, but my own path of growing awareness has been notably marked by my own apocalyptic darkness. I haven’t learned much from the times Kali has made me feel “good” in the traditional sense (although if you're reading this, Kali, just know I enjoy feeling good, too!). I guess my yogic perspective is that calm and calamity can go hand in hand, and that the peace we are really searching for has nothing to do with traditional good/bad interpretations of events.

That all being said, climate change is very disheartening, especially since the mountains and forests out here are so central to my sense of bhakti. So, how do I keep a positive outlook? I guess in the traditional sense, I don't try to. I accept the fact that I can only do my part, and that it might not be enough, and that this all might end very badly. And then I come to terms with THAT outcome. Why? Because that's the most difficult result to come to terms with, and if I can come to terms with the worst thing, then my mind isn't resisting the idea of a bad outcome anymore. I'm not trying to be dark or nihilistic, as I love the Earth...this is just my own approach.

Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2021 :  4:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blue, I guess what yogani describes is the one of the highest forms of yoga, the end of suffering if you want. The goal with a long road to travel before. However, even if it might be the goal, I doubt many of us would deal with a major illness in the way yogani did. Meanwhile, I guess acceptance and doing the best in practice, life and our environment might the only way. It is hard thinking about of how my kids might life when they are my age and have kids of their own. It makes me sad watching them play and knowing what comes up to them in their lifetime. Hard to imagine also life on this planet when we return to earth ready for our next cycle. Hopefully we get here with a load of acceptance in the backpack.

k.cherry, I am happy to say my family and friends are well after the flood. Nevertheless the flood has been not too far away from my home area. My homeland is just as hilly and looks the same as where the heavy rain has come down. It is just as vulnerable. Might be just a matter of time (knock on wood).
I hope you are doing well in Northern California and your approach gives you the strength needed.

Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2021 :  9:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Suffering wakes you up. It is an integral part of our experience. So all the apocalyptic scenario in the world goes hand in hand with people turning paths or „waking up“. If there is no suffering, there is no force to change. If you suffer, you want to remove the suffering and find a state of fulfilment again. So you will look for ways to do so. It is an intelligent process and culminates in the enlightenment of your being independent of what goes on in the outside world.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  10:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very true lightandlove
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2021 :  3:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lightandlove

Suffering wakes you up. It is an integral part of our experience. So all the apocalyptic scenario in the world goes hand in hand with people turning paths or „waking up“. If there is no suffering, there is no force to change. If you suffer, you want to remove the suffering and find a state of fulfilment again. So you will look for ways to do so. It is an intelligent process and culminates in the enlightenment of your being independent of what goes on in the outside world.

A nice perspective, thank you
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  05:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
MOTHER TERESA said “I will never attend an anti-war rally. If you have a peace rally, invite me”

And Albert Einstein

The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe.
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  05:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Energy flows were attention goes...

Where is your attention going...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000