Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mantra Enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  5:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone:

I'm an on again, off again meditator. Im back on again. What i have been noticing is that using the AYAM mantra was not pulling into silence, and used my TM mantra and that pulled me into a deeper silence.

So I decided instead of the TM mantra, experiment using the shree shree ayam ayam (mainly cos i want to follow ayp, rather than a TM mantra)
This thus far (now on third day lf practise) is working v well

Is there anything i should be on guard to watch for, as i am back into meditation after a period of not practisng.

Been an off agin on again meditator for 30 years

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear SD,
On and Off for 30 years.. is that because you have to self-pace? If you are sensitive to meditation, note that this particular mantra enhancement is one that many find "too much", so thread carefully.

That aside, I will repeat Yogani's words that the effectiveness of a meditation sitting is not to be measured while sitting but during the flow of daily life. A mantra's ability to pull you into deep silence is not a measure of its success. Typically if a lot of purification is on-going, you will remain "on the surface"

Enjoy your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  1:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SD,

Mantras work to the extend we practice with them. You have probably practiced more with the TM mantra than with the AYAM. If you put some time, the AYAM mantra will take you to silence, too.

Jumping to a powerful enhancement may not be the best idea if you do not have a regular practice. It has been my experience that overload is more likely to happen with irregular practice. We all want some fast immediate outcome, but educating the mind to quiet down is like a mental Olympics: It takes time and practice. Regular practice gives reliable results. Random practice gives random results. You know what to do. The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  2:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

Good to hear that you are back to meditating!

You have received good advice from others above.

Most people do not have any issues with the mantra that you are using, but as Sey mentioned, some people have had problems. This is caused by the way in which the "SHREE" aspect of the mantra resonates with the crown chakra. If you do find that you have issues with it, then you can either go back to the AYAM mantra, or you can switch to the alternate mantra enhancement sequence. That is described here:

Lesson 369 - Alternate Approach to Mantra Enhancements

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  5:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear SD,
On and Off for 30 years.. is that because you have to self-pace? If you are sensitive to meditation, note that this particular mantra enhancement is one that many find "too much", so thread carefully.

That aside, I will repeat Yogani's words that the effectiveness of a meditation sitting is not to be measured while sitting but during the flow of daily life. A mantra's ability to pull you into deep silence is not a measure of its success. Typically if a lot of purification is on-going, you will remain "on the surface"

Enjoy your practices

Sey

Hi Sey
I have neve heard this bfore! And here i was thinking that cos my DM has been on the surface, not getting into that deep silence, then it must not be doing anything!! so good to hear that this may be the exact opposite that a lot may actually be happening, just not in my consciousness!!

The reason I am an off again on again meditator for yes, 50 years, is that im a rather undisciplined soul, i'm afraid. Nothing at all to do with over load. For e.g. last year i got very consistent in my practise for thrree months everyday twice a day without fail . Then a lifstyle change occurrd and for some reason i abandoned my practise. I so wish I didnt now!

Thank you ever so much!! What an impact that statemnt of urs that just because it 'appears' only on the surface one may be xperiencing alot !!

Much appreciated,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  5:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Christi !

I am definitely going to self pace, and yes, as soon as i feel the overload im back to the origian AYAM!!

Much appreciated,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  5:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanchw!

I'm such a random. A curse for this lifetime im afraid. And yet i have a father who is soooo disciplined he will wake at 3am everyday for an hour and a half to meditate!

If anyone has any suggestions for this wayward soul and how to instill discipline im all ears!!

Much appreciated, Many thanks,,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2021 :  9:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But if you master the art of dog boy Olympic yoga then I'm sure the dharma gate of joyful ease will open its way .
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2021 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Only thing out of the norm i have noticed is after the SBP DM with the new mantra, lots of energy running through my body, and near my crown. Almost like an adrenaline-like energy currents but doesnt affect me in any negative way, I'm just aware and feeling the currents flowing through.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2021 :  08:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

The Only thing out of the norm i have noticed is after the SBP DM with the new mantra, lots of energy running through my body, and near my crown. Almost like an adrenaline-like energy currents but doesnt affect me in any negative way, I'm just aware and feeling the currents flowing through.

Hi SparklingDiamond,

That's fine. If anything becomes uncomfortable, then that would be a reason to self-pace your practice. In this case that would mean either switching to the alternate mantra enhancement mentioned above, or going back to AYAM.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2021 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SD,

Our weaknesses can become our strengths. You are already starting this process when you are honest with yourself and recognize the problem. The next step is to use this quality you see in yourself to your advantage.

I know what you mean when you say that you are random. I get bored very fast and do not like to be too predictable. When we use this the right way, it becomes unlimited creativity, fluidity, flexibility. In the face of it, nothing is unsurmountable.

As you recognize the value of meditation, start to build a habit in small steps: put together a meditation place when you could go any time, set a time to meditate in your morning routine (you might meditate immediately after you wake up, or after you get dressed, etc), set a manageable duration for meditation (if 20 minutes if too much, start again by doing 5 minutes, and add one additional minute every week, until you get to 20). If you never used a timer to meditate, try it now. Decide what you do immediately after you meditate to consolidate this practice in your schedule. And so on.

Use your creativity to find new ways to hack this habit. It is a game. Have fun. You know what to do. The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000