Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Altarnate nostril breathing pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ode

Israel
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  12:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I am doing the practice of meditation for 4 month i also started spinal breathing pranyama for the last 3 month...
I went to a tm(Transendental meditation course) and they said to me to do alternate nostril breathing pranyama before the practice of meditation...i told them i am doing the spinal breathing pranyama so they told me to do the spinal breathing than the nostril breathing and than the meditation...
Is it ok to do the spinal breathing before the nostril breathing and than do the meditation...because my tm instracture insisted on me doing the altarnate nostril breathing pranyama before the meditation ..
quote:

Thankyo
Ode

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  5:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ode,

The advice given in AYP is that if you really want to do alternate nostril breathing (nadi shodana), then to add it as a short session before Spinal Breathing Pranayama.

See lesson 41.1

"Still, if you are an avid nadi shodana practitioner, or are strongly attracted to it, it will do no harm to incorporate it into your routine. If you have time, you can do some alternate nostril breathing before spinal breathing. .... Keep in mind that nadi shodana is not recommended if you are a beginner in spinal breathing. There is plenty to learn in taking up spinal breathing - new habits to develop - and nadi shodana is not in the mix for the reasons mentioned. But, since it has been asked about by several people, and perhaps wondered about by others, it is covered here."

It is not included in the basic mix of AYP practices because Spinal Breathing does everything that alternate nostril breathing does plus a lot more. And it does it more effectively. But still, alternate nostril breathing is a nice practice and very enjoyable and beneficial, especially when some ecstatic conductivity is present in the subtle nervous system.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ode

Israel
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  8:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thankyo christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000